• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Ohhh heyyy nicee and dang this looks good. Kind of interesting that they would do this considering the webtoon has ended. I did not expect this music tho, but they're considering going for that DMC vibe :p.

Ooooohhh it's PC and mobile! Wow, I'll be impressed to see this running on mobile.

Also, Noblesse visual novel when :p.

Oct 31, 2017
Not gonna lie, while I doubt it will be a groundbreaking masterpiece, this is already far better production value than I expected opening the thread.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting it to look bad. Huh. I think Solo Leveling is all style and zero substance, like One Punch Man without it being funny, but an actual game could be neat.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I was expecting it to look bad. Huh. I think Solo Leveling is all style and zero substance, like One Punch Man without it being funny, but an actual game could be neat.
That is real. Like, the game has a good chance to be better than the manhwa because, I hope, you are not as OP as in the manhwa.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Seems weird that they're releasing this after the manhwa has ended. Maybe a sequel of sorts may be on the horizon?

Feb 15, 2019
I highly doubt it's a gacha. What would there even be to gacha about? There's like no characters asides from the MC anyone even gives a shit about except for maybe the waifu.

It would just be like Sung Jinwoo with X summon, Sung Jinwoo with Y summon, etc.

I guess they could do weapon gacha but idk.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
I hope the manhwa art team got paid big money for this property's licensing. They've carried this novel to the top with their talent even when it's a story that copied a lot of others out there and still being mediocre at best.

Lamiafusion

Nov 24, 2017
Although the action is accurate to the beginning part of the manwha, I think it would lean more into a dynasty warriors type gameplay as the story progressed imo

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad looking game so far, hopefully that is all gameplay and not some CGI or something.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
What do you mean no substance? Not every anime/series needs to have a deep story. Solo leveling is about powering up and intense fights as a series.. it does that great. One Punch Man is a gag based power series... SL isn't..

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean no substance? Not every anime/series needs to have a deep story. Solo leveling is about powering up and intense fights as a series.. it does that great. One Punch Man is a gag based power series... SL isn't..
You just explained what no substance is lmao. It's just pretty lights and pretty pictures. It looks nice and that's all it has going for it.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Well, that actually looked better vs expectations. Will see. Novel wasn't bad at the start and kind of went to become a snooze fest / power trip by middle.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least opm has memorable side characters each with their own abilities and gets their own spotlight. SL has none, unfortunately. It gets pretty boring and predictable when the MC has to save the day again and steamrolls everyone with little effort

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Well at least opm has memorable side characters each with their own abilities and gets their own spotlight. SL has none, unfortunately. It gets pretty boring and predictable when the MC has to save the day again and steamrolls everyone with little effort
SL has a few memorable fights..
MC facing 'Beru' in bug island, MC facing the monarch latter in the series, MC fighting USA's Top fighter, etc
. The choreography and Art is fantastic.
You just explained what no substance is lmao. It's just pretty lights and pretty pictures. It looks nice and that's all it has going for it.
Again.. if you equate a good and deep story and its characters with substance then you're wrong since you're trying to speak objectively here when its just not true. There are series that depend heavily on the story and characters and then there are series that depend on fights, the MC getting more and more powerful through experience. The Fights, the art and the choreography is the substance here. Now if it doesn't do what its supposed to do well then you could say that it lacks substance and it just has nice art and all..

Solo leveling is a power fantasy and the MC's journey and his fights. It does it well. If you're not into power fantasies and fight based series with not a lot of attention to story and characters then you should look elsewhere..

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
New MC and new baddies in the not so distant future would be my guess. Perhaps something a little less high stakes than the monarch conflict.
In the side story epilogue, MC trains his son who inherited a portion of his powers to be his successor. In the end, they are off somewhere about to fight a new threat that is either from space or from a different dimension, I dont remember the specifics.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Why does this look more like how I expected Babylon's Fall to be than how that game seemingly turned out?

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
Old footage, but there hasn't been much updates apart from the character teasers below;

Still the main website is targeting in 2023, maybe it'll show up at TGS ? The anime is coming soon.

www.youtube.com

Solo Leveling: Arise GAMEPLAY (G-Star 2022)

Join this channel to get access to perks:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1LwAIWweU4j0fbiiTv1lOw/joinRelease date: Q4 2023Platform: PC/MobileOfficial Site: ...

Webtoon vs manga comparison (scenes)

www.youtube.com

[Solo Leveling:ARISE] Webtoon & Game Comparison: Cartenon Temple #1

✨[Solo Leveling:ARISE]✨ The popular webtoon with 14.2 billion global views: reborn as an action RPG!Join Sung Jinwoo on his first trip to the Cartenon Temple...
www.youtube.com

[Solo Leveling:ARISE] Webtoon & Game Comparison: The Lizards

✨ [Solo Leveling:ARISE] ✨ The popular webtoon: reborn as an action RPG!Experience the moment Sung Jinwoo and Yoo Jinho were betrayed by Hwang Dongsuk and lef...

Character teasers;
www.youtube.com

[Solo Leveling:ARISE] Character Teaser #1: Sung Jinwoo

Solo Leveling:ARISE 🎬 Character Teaser: Sung Jin-WooThe weakest hunter of all mankind, reawakened as a player and the The Monarch of Shadows.ARISE! Witnes...
www.youtube.com

[Solo Leveling:ARISE] Character Teaser #2: Choi Jong-In

✨[Solo Leveling:ARISE]✨ See Choi Jong-In in action.The guild master of the Hunters Guild and the best in South Korea.He's been nicknamed "The Ultimate Hunter...
www.youtube.com

[Solo Leveling:ARISE] Character Teaser #3: Lim Tae-Gyu

✨[Solo Leveling:ARISE]✨ The master of [Fiend] Guild, Korea's very first guild.His expertise lies in ranged attacks using magic arrows!"I never miss a shot"Ch...
www.youtube.com

[Solo Leveling:ARISE] Character Teaser #4: Lee Joohee

A hunter with an angelic heart!She never turns a blind eye to other hunters in need.Check out the teaser of B-rank healer 'Lee Joo-hee'!Want to learn more? T...
www.youtube.com

[Solo Leveling:ARISE] Character Teaser #5: Yoo Jinho

The youngest of the chairman of Yoojin Construction.Yoo Jinho, is Sung Jinwoo’s right-hand man and Ahjin Guild’s Vice Guild Master. He is always willing to g...

Last edited:

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
wait, multiple playable characters?

im going to be laughing if this ends up gacha

Falk

Oct 26, 2017
oh dear

edit: in my defense i posted that before the edit with like 837428374 character trailers added

The anime is coming soon.

speaking of which this makes the juxtaposition of the anime being 'localized' to be japanese all the weirder, unless they can keep up that difference in the various localizations of the game too

i.e. Choi is being introduced as a Korean guildmaster in this game, releasing around the same time as the anime