• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
fg08EGN.png

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Not a great trailer but sure I'll give it a try. Wish it was coming sooner though.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Not feeling it, feels like it's trying to riff on R&M without getting there.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
yeah looks interesting. His spin on a well established trope, will watch for sure.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So it's just Rick and Morty with a different cast? 'cause that's what it feels like.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Sure looks familiar. I've gotten pretty sick of Rick and Morty by now, but I suppose I could give this a try if it ever lands on any of the streaming services available to me, why not.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I really like R&M, but Roiland without Harmons tempering influence and writing chops has me somewhat wary.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely an alternate reality Rick and Morty

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember the old drawings for this show looking a lot better, the aliens were in the "rick and morty" style and the humans were a lot more realistic. It gave it a nice Beavis and Butthead style contrast.

1579546766010.png

Mar 29, 2018
I swear this is a bait and switch. I swear it's actual new Rick and Morty content.

Like... the house they live in is literally the house from Rick and Morty?

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks like some kind of ARG game to hype new RnM content and not an actual show.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It would be nice if this was some bait-and-switch, but this could also just be The Cleveland Show.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Really, really not seeing the justification for this existing when Rick & Morty is still a thing. The animation and VO similarities are obvious but it's even hitting the same absurdist science fiction tone of R&M.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like Rick And Morty Meets Family Guy.

Yay two horrifying amoral shows for geeky nihilists I can't wait for the fans of this show to be everything I expect them to be.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Roiland definitely likes to explore all permutations of humans go to alien planets / aliens come to human planets, it seems.

It looks decent enough, but yeah - it definitely feels a bit redundant to Rick and Morty. But maybe this'll end up being more akin to what American Dad is to Family Guy.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give it a shot. Trailer didn't super grip me, but it could still be fun.

I remember the old drawings for this show looking a lot better, the aliens were in the "rick and morty" style and the humans were a lot more realistic. It gave it a nice Beavis and Butthead style contrast.

1579546766010.png
Now this would've made things slightly more interesting, at least visually. Wonder if it was too expensive to animate.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
If the episodes come out with some consistency, then I'm in. Tired of waiting for new R&M episodes with no word on when the second half of this season is going to air.

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
It would be nice if this was some bait-and-switch, but this could also just be The Cleveland Show.

The Cleveland Show was actually pretty good, at least, after its first season, which was - and I say this as someone who likes the show - just terrible through and through. Out of the full 21 episodes in the first season, there's only 1 that's at all worth watching.

But by season 2 the show was starting to find its footing, and seasons 3 and 4 are genuinely good. Of course, it never reached American Dad! levels, but it did carve out its own identity by the end, and it was far better than it should have been.

If this manages to follow a similar trajectory, then it might be a pretty good show in the end, but much like with The Cleveland Show being unable to escape the shadow of Family Guy, I think that no matter how good it is, it'll always be too easy for people to dismiss it as a Rick and Morty clone. Heck, it took American Dad! about a decade before people outside of its hardcore fans to appreciate it and see it as more than just Family Guy-lite, so I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

And this trailer doesn't do it any favors either. It looks like Rick and Morty in all but name, while still managing to be less appealing on first glance. Of course, I'm sure if the show is successful enough, much like Cleveland and AD! it will become its own thing, but it'll probably rough at the start. And it has to be given enough time to figure out what sets it apart from Rick and Morty. Hopefully Hulu will give it a few seasons to do that.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
So...is it just me, or does this look like an "edgy" version of the Coneheads...but animated?

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah not diggin the trailer. Feels more like a bit of interdimensional television rather than it's own thing.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's really looking like the version of Rick & Morty from the No Harmons universe.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Okay so I just finished the first 2 episodes. I like it well enough, but it's definitely Rick and Morty light, Jr., 2.0...whatever you want to call it.