• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
EpdreeDVEAE6EvU

Source: KNX1070 News Radio

resultant

Banned
Nov 3, 2020
Parts Unknown
Could just be me, but the thread title reads as if there is no one in the ICU in SoCal, not "no rooms available".

Terrible. Really hope the vaccine turns things around.

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
What a nightmare. Big Pharma can't get the vaccines to regular citizens soon enough.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
People in California ignored the lockdown and nobody enforces shit so here's your result. Plus people are selfish pieces of shit.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you have law enforcement saying they won't enforce the restrictions combined with selfish assholes, this is what we get. The numbers in my city are so sobering. I wish these people would wake the fuck up.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Wow. That's some scary shit. Again, not just COVID19 but the whole health system.

When you talk to idiots who say COVID19 won't do anything to them, I have to always let them know it's not about you dying, you dumb fuck. It's about controlling the spread and keeping our health system intact.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah we're going to have multiple 911s per day in fatalities.

I just remember when 9/11 happened the country was mostly unified. We waged bullshit wars and vowed never again and what have you. Now we're losing more people per day than were lost then, and instead the right focuses on non-existent election fraud and has made wearing a damn mask a political issue. It's insanity. Any further claims of patriotism or being pro-life should be laughed off the planet.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Could just be me, but the thread title reads as if there is no one in the ICU in SoCal, not "no rooms available".

Capacity is at 100 percent is more parseable IMO. But I guess it's like a countdown.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
In SoCal. No one here cares at all anymore. It sucks. There was just an outbreak in the office where my wife works. (She tested negative).

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yep. At work today we were required to listen to the fact that our ICU capacity would cap within the week and that we need to be more careful. We are a week ahead of schedule 8D

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Can't regular beds be turned into ICU beds?
Even if the bed could, and it's not about the physical beds, you also need ICU nurses that have different training to regular nurses.
That's also why building a military field hospital only does so much. Cool, we have 50 more ICU beds but unless we have something like 3-4 times that in ICU nurses to go along with it it's kinda pointless.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
The worst is still yet to come given the lag in cases identified to needing hospitalization :(

We need to plateau ASAP.

Arol

Avenger
Dec 29, 2017
No one has actually experienced any COVID related deaths where I work, so everyone is non-chalant about it all. A few co-workers have gotten it but its been basically asymptomatic cases and they tend to make some jokes about it all.

Not wishing the worst obviously, but personally I think it helps fuel this behavior that its not a big deal.

Just IMO of course, but its the vibe I get from my co-workers and I'm guessing it probably extends to other people as well.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
A hospital being full with a never-ending string of new illnesses is a truly nightmarish scenario. It's the kind of information that should chill people to the bone, yet most will continue on with their day without a mask and without social distancing.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking mess. Death and illness that could have been preventable. Shameful. No other words.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yup, was just speaking to my mom who a nurse in a So Cal hospital and she pretty much said their ICU has zero capacity as well. And yet people will continue to be dumb and ignore what's happening.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't regular beds be turned into ICU beds?

Sure, but what about patients with non-immediate emergency needs who need recovery beds?

What about the staff with the proper training to handle these patients?

What about the equipment? Proper protection to keep other patients from catching COVID if they were suddenly moved into other parts of a hospital?

We are low on everything right now, not just beds. What makes this worse is that we need space for other emergencies, too.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
SJ keeps fluctuating in and out too, won't be long before everything but the Bay Area is critical

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Heads up for everyone to download the
CA Notify app to see if you've been near anyone who reported positive. Of course being opt-in makes it almost worthless, but it's better than nothing.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah the wording is "we're at 100% capacity" to indicate you have zero space. I knew what was supposed to be meant but if the thread title used the actual wording from the screen capture, "current available ICU capacity" it would have been better.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
In California this is not just a republican thing. I've been stunned by the ignorance on display from all walks of life these last few months.
I know people who went on a road trip recently and a nurse who regularly has massive private gatherings with friends. The lack of fucks given is astounding. But hey they wear masks in public!.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Yeah the wording is "we're at 100% capacity" to indicate you have zero space. I knew what was supposed to be meant but if the thread title used the actual wording from the screen capture, "current available ICU capacity" it would have been better.
Changed it to avoid confusion.

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
what happens if you fall down the stairs/break a leg?
If you end up at the hospital because of that, you'll get triaged depending on severity and availability, but that kind of injury (broken leg) doesn't need an ICU bed. More than likely be on a hallway bed in the ER assuming the rest of the hospital is struggling for bed space.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Call your doctor or an urgent care center and do a on-phone consultation. From there a doctor will determine what sort of treatment you need to undergo and probably send you to a non-emergency facility or schedule an office visit.

generally, would that be a ICU deal?

You'll get triaged depending on severity and availability, but that kind of injury (broken leg) doesn't need an ICU bed. More than likely be on a hallway bed in the ER assuming the rest of the hospital is struggling for bed space.

got it.

What are the general types of ICU cases?

ephexia

Feb 23, 2018
This is especially bad because ERs are always packed during the holidays esp on NYE. People falling on ice and breaking something, accidentally cutting themselves while cooking, suicide attempts, overdoses, etc. A lot of people are going to die/suffer needlessly. Stay safe, Era.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In California this is not just a republican thing. I've been stunned by the ignorance on display from all walks of life these last few months.
It still is. California has a LOT of Republicans. We just happen to have more Democrats, but in terms of raw numbers, well, here's the latest XKCD map:

xkcd.com

Supergroup

2020_election_map_2x.png

If you read the alt-image text, CA has more Trump voters than Texas.