• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And the goddamned volume is too loud to the point that your brain can't figure out which audio to focus on, the TV or the goddamned person who's watching YouTube on their phone way too loudly!!!

Is there anything more annoying?

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Have the subtitles on and try to do a dramatic reading of the show.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i have a co-worker whose desk is right by the radio, he puts it on full blast and watches stupid shit on his phone then checks in on his screaming kids

it is an auditory confluence of pain and sorrow. like maybe get some earbuds? goddam

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Posters that post an image as a reply in threads without any context of where the picture is from.
r2.jpg

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I don't even have to deal with this yet because my kid is 7. Attention span... not perfect, but that's fine because if he gets bored he jumps around the room and does somersaults and shit. Which is awesome really. That's the right kind of distraction.

Frankly I'm terrified of when he gets a phone. At the same time I can't be too restrictive, so..... just have to do my best, based on experience and empathy.

Fatherhood... just.... try stuff

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Reminds me of the last time I tried to watch something with my family years ago. It was like New Years Eve or something, I was legit trying to watch a show on TV and everyone is talking over it. And I couldn't leave to watch it elsewhere. Back in the days of "you watch this now, or you catch a repeat of it later".

Good times.

Fireclad

Oct 27, 2017
The Void
One must always construct their entertainment burrow to account for such occurrences. You know what you must do OP. Invest in bigger speakers to drown out the riff raff or tune everything out with headphones.

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
My mom does this we ask her to put headphones she refuses because she's watching the tv as well

grunkleFungus

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
NC, US
When I'm having an interesting conversation and the person I'm not talking to starts blaring video on their phone at max volume. Middle aged people will piss and moan about phones nowadays but they're the worst about them. Trying to text at a red light about to turn green, acting like it's so hard to connect earbuds when I've already done the pairing, playing on their phones and playing Dodo videos while I try to talk to them... It's tempting to say to them, "how come I, an unemployed autistic, know how to conduct myself in a conversation better than you, a non-autistic who makes 90000 a year?"

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad I live alone and don't have to deal with this. If ever I'm at my Dad's house and I want to show my step brother something we always use headphones, it's just curteous. Also, how are you meant to watch your video audio with the audio of the tv anyway, headphones help with that.

Praetorpwj

Nov 21, 2017
Invest in a blacked out projector with Atmos media room. Mobile really cannot compete with that shit.