• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I liked Metroid Other M a lot. One of the few games that after I beat it, I immediately started another playthrough.

Resident Evil 6 is another one that I really enjoyed.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I wanted to jokingly say DMC2 but i couldn´t even bring myself to type it.

real answer is that i still enjoy the moment-to-moment-gameplay in Metoid: Other M.

KiKaL

Oct 26, 2017
Read the title of this thread and immediately thought Resident Evil 5 and 6. Both seem to have fan who really enjoyed them.

For me personally, I almost feel like BFV. The most recent patch did break some things but overall I have really enjoyed it. I feel like it constantly gets hate. Yeah I wish it had more maps and better support but the actually gameplay has been fun for me. This is from someone who started with BF1942.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Sonic 06 is an ambitious, ballsy Sonic game that failed only because it was technically broken. The core gameplay of Sonic is quite good whenever the level design doesn't put too many unrefined elements ahead of you. The homing attack feels tight and flexible with a real sense of "Oomph" to it. The level design is classic Sonic with multiple routes and rewards for high skill. It's just the convoluted story and the other campaigns that drag it down.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a recognition that their aping of Gears of War and Uncharted with ME2 and 3 was starting to ruin the direction of the brand. Granted, copying the Ubibox wasn't that much better but there is a resemblance of the original ME1 sense of wonder to certain areas and especially the visual feel of the open world planets. It is reminiscent of the UNCs from ME1 and sometimes there's a real emergent feel to driving over a bridge and encountering a hostile situation against a group of crashed survivors, and it feels pretty immersive in those moments. The main story is all kinds of shallow, particularly in the way it just rehashes the entire trilogy plot framework and calls it new things like "The Remnant" instead of AI or "Kett" instead of the Geth and you have a new hub called Nexus, a new ship called Tempest, and it's way too formulaic. Despite all that, it goes through a bombastic opening, some cool middle missions with some interesting dialogue exploration at times, and ends with a mission that really is everything ME3's Priority Earth finale should've been, and a fantastic epilogue segment that makes it feel like the world lives on after the credits.

Skyward Sword absorbed me entirely between November - January in 2011/2012. It had mediocre parts but unlike the majority I wasn't trigger happy going on the internet and putting a 7/10 on it to scream for validation. I played it, and I enjoyed it, a LOT. The Ghirahim boss encounters are so good, and it had many moments where I was really flexing my moves with the Wii remote, and I can say that no other game plays the way Skyward Sword does.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Controversial opinion but RE5, RE0 and RECV are fantastic games.

There just flawed, in the case of RE5 its the forced coop QTE and short campaign wich makes single player less enjoyable than multiplayer. But their constant blacksheeping by the fanbase is disgusting, sometimes its like you were talking about DMC 2 or Metroid Other M.

But they have a lot of qualities too, and even got good reviews RE in general is a long running series with varying quality but the only truly bad games are few.

Ignoring a game because its not your favorite or not everyone loves it never made sense to me in the 'gamming community,unless they were throwing those games constantly in our face but thats not the case here.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Star Fox Zero. I know there's a few other people that feel similarly to how I do, but I think it's the best game in the series. I understand why people don't like it though and do not judge them for not liking it.

It reminds me of The World Ends With You, where you're micromanaging two screens at once trying to accomplish the same goal in different ways. I think it's a really neat idea and works well, but definitely takes getting used to.

You are one of my people now.

My favorite games that are black sheep include Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia which I think people just did not play.

Mike Armbrust

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Uncharted Golden Abyss. It felt like a sequel to Drake's Fortune that prioritized a smaller scale. Cool puzzle and treasure mechanics too, better than any of the main games imo.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Mass Effect Andromeda was still really fun for me and I think it god a bad rap because of those poor facial animations that were fixed at launch anyway. Plus, that ME multiplayer horde mode...

Yup. It doesn't hit the highs that the others do but it's a fun game if you stick with the core missions and avoid the fetch tasks. Still upset about not getting dlc to finish the story (probably my biggest issue with the game).

Dec 25, 2018
DBZ infinite world was reviewed shitty because people actually had to play the game. it got shit on for being too hard, and yea, the mini games suck, but the actual gameplay is really fucking good. I didn't think not being able to fly around the map was much of a loss, it was nice to be able to easily find my next mission.

but if you look at most critic reviews, they were mad that they got their ass kicked. it's hilarious.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
images
I don't care what anyone says, EX1 and 2 are cool games.

Sure they might not necessarily have the depth of the Alpha series, but goddamn if they are not fun.

Also that soundtrack is ace.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I like Final Fantasy II a lot. Pushed the series forward, tried a lot of new things, had a setting that was ahead of the curve for the franchise and had a genuine narrative. Its original release definitely had a lot of issues, but the remakes have fixed a lot and turned it into a very enjoyable game. I think out of the trilogy, its aged the best.

Harmony of Dissonance gets a lot of flak but it's one of the most fun Castlevania's I've ever played. The music is good, you're given a ton of movement capability, the castle has a very neat gimmick and the length is just right. It's my second favourite Metroidvania.

And, this one isn't really considered "bad" anymore but there was a time where public opinion was pretty low, and that was Fire Emblem 6. It's my favourite game in the series due to its absolutely stellar map design and difficulty, making it one of the most rewarding but frustrating strategy games I've played. One of the major complaints was that your Lord wasn't overpowered.
If you are talking about US II then you might enjoy this two part retrospective. If talking about JP then just pretend your post died and my fighter swung at thin air.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
It's already been mentioned once in the thread, but Jak II injected a competent but safe platformer with much needed personality and variation. I like the original, but it's kind of just a boring collect-a-thon with decent art. The influx of story and humor in frequent cutscenes in the sequel was appreciated, the gunplay was still cartoony enough to match the tone, the hoverboard was amazing, and while the driving missions could suck they were still better than the first games equivalent.

Dark Souls II had the best PVP, let me dual wield like a badass, had some great areas and bosses, and doesn't deserve the bad rap the community gives it. Really awesome game.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
If Dark Souls 2 counts that's mine because the more I think about it the more I think it might be my favorite game ever.

Dec 25, 2018
It's already been mentioned once in the thread, but Jak II injected a competent but safe platformer with much needed personality and variation. I like the original, but it's kind of just a boring collect-a-thon with decent art. The influx of story and humor in frequent cutscenes in the sequel was appreciated, the gunplay was still cartoony enough to match the tone, the hoverboard was amazing, and while the driving missions could suck they were still better than the first games equivalent.

Dark Souls II had the best PVP, let me dual wield like a badass, had some great areas and bosses, and doesn't deserve the bad rap the community gives it. Really awesome game.

I don't consider Jak II a bad game, it was a necessary move to me. Jak was grown up and became a total badass. I think the way they made the game was incredible for what they had. Jak 1 was pretty fun, but Jak II has so much more replay ability for me.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Zelda II was my first Zelda game and I love it. I've played it a zillion times. Its biggest flaw is its failure to clearly communicate quest goals, but this is easily overcome in the internet era, and the moment-to-moment gameplay is some of the best action-platforming on the NES.

I finally finished Castlevania II for the first time earlier this year. It's the only NES Castlevania I've ever had the patience or desire to finish, and I mostly loved it. It has a pretty steep curve, but once you have a few upgrades and a better sense of how to exploit the systems, it really picks up. Its final act feels a little unfinished, and of course it has the same problem as Zelda II of poorly defined goals, but it's a solid Metroidvania for its time.

I've played RE5 more than any other game in the series. It scratches a totally different itch than survival horror and occupies a different space in my brain than something like RE7 or RE2make. Something about the short level structure makes me want to go back and grind for gems and upgrade all my gear in a way I normally don't. I won't try to excuse the racist imagery, but the core loop is solid.

Silent Hill 4 is probably my third favorite of the series after 2 and Shattered Memories. Despite the weak second half, it's one of the most effective at creating and sustaining an imposing atmosphere. Returning to the apartment hub was always a big mood.

I love love love Dark Souls II. Its worst offense is that it's just a little too long on repeat plays, but it hits some of the highest highs of the whole series for me. Majula is hands-down my favorite hub area.

Star Fox Adventures was good actually? I've only played it the once, but it kept me hooked despite some goofy quirks.

I feel like Tony Hawk's Underground is considered the point where the series went off the rails for a lot of folks, but I really enjoyed that one. It hit a sweet spot of introducing just enough tangential elements to create a fun play space while still being strongly rooted in the core skating gameplay the series was known for.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
Do Mass Effect 3 and The Witcher 1 count? Cuz those were my favorites

Ending aside, Mass Effect 3 had lots of flaws. But I still regard it as my favorite Mass Effect game. The multiplayer was quite good too

And let's not get even started with Witcher 1. It had tons of flaws and lots of jank, yet it had a big impression on me

For all of its flaws, The Witcher 1 was super memorable. I can easily recall the memories of going through that first hamlet you start the game out at and the big city you spend the next part of the game in. I remember Triss much more vividly from the first game than anything from the second. I remember the twist from the ending and I think about it often.

I played through Zelda 1 and 2 for the first time back in 2016 or so. For context, my first Zelda(s) were Wind Waker and then Link to the Past GBA. I had a lot more fun playing through Zelda 2 than Zelda 1, due to how different it is to any other Zelda game in the series. I have a strong hunch that, if I played these games when they were new back in the 80s, I probably would have gotten pissed off for that exact reason. But having already played Minish Cap, Link to the Past, and several other top-down Zeldas before going into Zelda 1 and 2, Adventure of Link's strengths stood out that just more. I couldn't help but be frustrated by Zelda 1's issues that were rectified in LttP (the main one being the lack of any real "tells" for secret walls etc. Having to bomb every tile and burn every bush in order to 100% the game without a guide isn't fun. I just used a guide after dungeon 4.)

Part of me feels that it was necessary for Zelda 2 to be different as it was, just to set a precedent in the series that it wasn't afraid to take chances. Granted, after Zelda 2 the series basically followed the same design of LttP (a refined, more linear take on the Zelda 1 formula) up until BotW, or maybe LbwW if you're feeling nitpicky.

Proud to say I didn't use savestates up until the second to last dungeon. Then I got impatient.

I never actually played Zelda 1 and I started with Zelda 2. I loved it and it was the first game I deeply cared about. It was too difficult and inscrutable at times, probably being made in the era where Nintendo Power walkthroughs were thought of as mandatory. I played through it when it was put on NSO and was surprised by how much I still enjoyed it (with save states).

Preach this. Mass Effect started with so much promise. Then came the sequel and all the buildup they had with the first game was thrown out of the window. The failings of ME3 can be traced to the second game since ME3 had to act as the sequel of the first game.

Mass Effect 1 was an off-brand Star Trek/Star Wars mashup and I loved it for that. My favorite of the series because it had an ambition that the sequels lacked. I wanted the sequels to fulfill the ambition of the first game instead of going in the different direction they did.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Dark Souls 2 is my favorite game of the series. I understand why some people don't like it, but I never had an issue with what people complain about the most. I liked that they added a new important stat, but it was only really necessary for builds focusing on dodge, and even then, only a few points were enough to give all the i-frames I ever needed.

I love soaking in the atmosphere of all the different places it has to offer, specially Majula. It was also the only game in the series where I found a fun covenant to be a part of (the rat Bros), although I also dabbled a bit into the bell guardians as well as being a part of the Mirror Knight squad.

I loved the small soapstone concept, of just leaving my mark anywhere to help an adventurer for a few moments, and then coming back to my world.

Another thing I enjoyed were the sets as well as the boss weapons, some of them very silly and other just awesome. It also has my favourite character, Lucatiel.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
I received death threats from people on the Ion Storm forums because I enjoyed Deus Ex 2 back in the day. That's where I learned to stop taking gamers seriously.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For me FF XIII and XV are the best ones in the series

I totally understand (and even agree) with most of the criticisms than the game have, but I still love them because they were my first experience in HD and UHD respectively, and thought that they had lots of charm

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Maybe it's just me, but I loved the motion control in Skyward Sword, which is why I could never hate it.

Kapote

Jul 3, 2019
Donkey Kong Country 3 is my favorite. The overworld are awesome, the graphics were amazing and polished. It also has my favorite collectables: DK coins and banana birds.

Feb 12, 2019
What I've learned from browsing ERA is that any given "black sheep" game will have its share of vocal proponents. I've seen a damn forum thread here where someone claimed that Devil May Cry 2 finally gets "good" once you unlock Trish (which requires you to beat a game I would generously describe as "a miserable, profoundly boring slog" TWICE) and after that I just kind of assumed that anything goes here.

But, uh, sure. I like Dark Souls 2. Adaptability is a dumb stat tax and too many of the bosses are just big dudes in armor but the build variety in that game is on-point.

Also, perhaps a little more obscure, I'll stand by Heroes of Might and Magic IV as a game with a lot of good ideas hindered by a rushed development and bad art direction. It's not as good as 2 or 3 (or even 5) but in retrospect it's way better than people gave it credit for. In any case, not a complete burning crater the way Ubisoft's last two attempts have been.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
If i like it, i don't think it's bad. It's just that simple.

Sometimes, games are considered bad for reasons beyond the game content itself, or a tiny detail. "Nobody" thinks Mass Effect 3 is a bad game until the end, while Andromeda is pretty much a meme about the character animation.

Star Ocean 3 is a shitty game for a lot of people because of a twist in the plot. The combat can be great, the dungeons incredible, the setting fun, but at the moment something in the story doesn't go in the way they liked it, boom, instant shitty game.

The same happens with SO4, in a even bigger scale. It's considered bad pretty much for presentation, character design or some plot reasons, nevermind the actual game being great.

Then you have RE5, with a problematic mandatory AI partner, that this time actually makes the game kind of shit alone, but still an incredible experience with a friend.

Or maybe FFXIII, with it's pacing problems. Maybe it's kinda justified this time, but after FFX and FFXII, fans should've been used to bizarre changes. It's still my favorite non-PS1/Snes FF.

Then you have the Zeldas, which is more a matter of priority imo. I care more for dungeons rather than the overworld in Zelda games, with Twilight Princess being my favorite and Skyward Sword ranked rather high. I think this time is more a matter of taste rather than a tiny silly detail that people care too much.

I guess Dark Souls 2 is also worth mentioning? It's actually my third favorite in the trilogy but i still like it a lot. Some changes are bad, but some stuff are better than the other two, like exclusive gameplay options (Dual wield is pretty fun imo) or the better pvp. People likes to argue how bad is the level design, likes to use the "It wasn't designed by Miyazaki" card pretty much because they were frustrated with some more punitive moments, but i don't think it's that different. It's pretty much just have enemy positioning that demands more attention, but people will proceed to just walk through stuff not giving a shit. In terms of macro, "world map" level design, it's not as good as Lordran but it's a lot better than the DkS3 linear corridor imo.

In the end, i think people just focus too much in silly details and memes, so that good games are legit considered bad, despite having a lot of good elements, or even are good where it matters. Not saying that bad games doesn't exist, just that a game is not the worst thing ever because of a story moment or character animations.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
221907-the-legacy-of-kain-series-blood-omen-2-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg

Blood Omen 2 might not have been the greatest Legacy of Kain game for story, but it arguably has the best combat of all the 3D games. It's a good vampire game with cool powers like mind control or being able to assume a mist form to stealth kill enemies.
It's one of the best out there imo. Did people actually hate this game?

HK-47

Oct 25, 2017
If i like it, i don't think it's bad. It's just that simple.

Sometimes, games are considered bad for reasons beyond the game content itself, or a tiny detail. "Nobody" thinks Mass Effect 3 is a bad game until the end, while Andromeda is pretty much a meme about the character animation.

Star Ocean 3 is a shitty game for a lot of people because of a twist in the plot. The combat can be great, the dungeons incredible, the setting fun, but at the moment something in the story doesn't go in the way they liked it, boom, instant shitty game.

The same happens with SO4, in a even bigger scale. It's considered bad pretty much for presentation, character design or some plot reasons, nevermind the actual game being great.

Then you have RE5, with a problematic mandatory AI partner, that this time actually makes the game kind of shit alone, but still an incredible experience with a friend.

Or maybe FFXIII, with it's pacing problems. Maybe it's kinda justified this time, but after FFX and FFXII, fans should've been used to bizarre changes. It's still my favorite non-PS1/Snes FF.

Then you have the Zeldas, which is more a matter of priority imo. I care more for dungeons rather than the overworld in Zelda games, with Twilight Princess being my favorite and Skyward Sword ranked rather high. I think this time is more a matter of taste rather than a tiny silly detail that people care too much.

I guess Dark Souls 2 is also worth mentioning? It's actually my third favorite in the trilogy but i still like it a lot. Some changes are bad, but some stuff are better than the other two, like exclusive gameplay options (Dual wield is pretty fun imo) or the better pvp. People likes to argue how bad is the level design, likes to use the "It wasn't designed by Miyazaki" card pretty much because they were frustrated with some more punitive moments, but i don't think it's that different. It's pretty much just have enemy positioning that demands more attention, but people will proceed to just walk through stuff not giving a shit. In terms of macro, "world map" level design, it's not as good as Lordran but it's a lot better than the DkS3 linear corridor imo.

In the end, i think people just focus too much in silly details and memes, so that good games are legit considered bad, despite having a lot of good elements, or even are good where it matters. Not saying that bad games doesn't exist, just that a game is not the worst thing ever because of a story moment or character animations.
Mass Effect is definitely a bad game before the end. Both the Cerberus and Rannoch sections are terrible narratively.

babyzelda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Let's see...

I liked Paper Mario: SS, the OST and presentation were pretty amazing if you ask me.

I could mention that I LOVED Skyward Sword, but I'll give a shoutout to the less talked about Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks:

For one, I liked PH, and the Temple of the Ocean King wasn't THAT bad, I'm shocked at the amount of animosity it has garnered, it's seriously not that big of a deal IMO.

As for Spirit Tracks, I liked it more than PH, but I will totally agree with the major consensus that the flute is GARBAGE. Thank GOD you have to play the complicated songs 4 times in the whole game, there's no redeeming those sections.

Other than that, the DS Zeldas get a lot of undeserved hate, it's heartbreaking.
The flute is one of my favorite things about Spirit Tracks! One of the few Zelda instruments that actually controls like a musical instrument. But yes, I love the DS Zeldas; they used the note-taking abilities of the DS to make more complicated puzzles instead of the typical video game fare where you just jiggle things around until they work. Some of the best in the series to me.

And probably half my posts on this forum are affection for Sticker Star. The impetus of this thread, the sheer scorn some titles seem to immediately invoke, often depresses me, since almost nothing I like receives universal praise, and things that don't receive universal praise often get abandoned by their creators. I'll miss you, Chibi Robo. We never deserved you.

I remember about ten years ago, I was playing a game called I-Ninja on the Gamecube and really enjoying it until a friend came in and told me to stop because it was so mediocre. I think maybe that was the last time I talked to that friend, and the last time I played that game :(

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls 2 is fantastic. Its flaws get magnified and its strengths get dismissed on a regular basis because of "B-team" nonsense, and the fact that that one elevator goes up instead of down.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Although critic reviews didnt disagree at the time
I think The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is one of the best zelda games and ds game and just games in general ive played. one of the only games ive ever beaten more than once
Skyward sword too, but i dont think there is a negative consensus on it

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Resident Evil 5 is my favorite Resident Evil game.
I love Resident Evil 6.
I love Halo 4.
I think that the Definitive Edition of DmC: Devil May Cry is fantastic and in the top 3 games in the franchise.

Please, for the love of God, I DARE someone to @ me.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
I ain't got shit to apologise for. Sonic Heroes is more or less on par with the 3D platformers of that era and much better than Super Mario Sunshine so I don't even think it's a bad game

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I love Dark Souls 2 , soo much fun and to me , the most replayable souls game since build variety is great , will forever be the souls I replay the most.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
  • Far Cry
    I have enjoyed every game in the series.
  • Sniper: Elite & Sniper: Ghost Warrior
    Both are definitely my gaming guilty pleasure and although they are considered "budget" releases, I find enjoyment in them every time.
  • Dead Rising
    Have enjoyed every single game in the series. Last but not least...
  • Battlefield Franchise
    I have played BF since Day 1 back in 2002. Despite switching things up and outright changing things with a few of the releases, I am a big fan of the overall formula. To be there from the very beginning means that even when they changed things not always for the better, it has been interesting to see the evolution of the series and instead of lauding them for taking chances, I appreciated the fact they tried.
Honestly, because I have been playing games for such a long time now and have been there basically since the beginning, I have seen the medium flourish and grow to places I never, ever could have imagined when I was younger. As a result I have a much different appreciation for games than someone who has grown up with them let's say in the past two decades. Everything games do these days is downright impressive to me as I have seen and experienced first hand where they have come from. I am no doubt grateful for this perspective.

Oct 28, 2017
Although critic reviews didnt disagree at the time
I think The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is one of the best zelda games and ds game and just games in general ive played. one of the only games ive ever beaten more than once
Skyward sword too, but i dont think there is a negative consensus on it
Phantom Hourglass is one of only two 2D Zelda games I've liked. The other is Link Between Worlds. Phantom Hourglass was a really clever game.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think Gears of War Judgment is really good and the changes to the campaign made it really fresh. We had four Gears games that gen, it made sense to try something a little different.

I also really liked that new multiplayer mode, whatever it was called.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Not all franchise black sheeps are created equal just like not all context for why and how people like a black sheep is the same. If somebody's first Final Fantasy game is XIII or XV, or just in general they didn't play or don't like the classic games, it's a lot more understandable why the newer games would be enjoyable if not their favorite. I will say it is very odd to me whenever somebody does like the older games - maybe even aren't new to the series - and still really enjoys a newer game like Final Fantasy XIII it XV. Of course ultimately people can have bad tastes and they might like or not care about a game's serious flaws and focus on the thing they like and it's that disconnect that really causes "fun" discussions.

Oct 28, 2017
Sonic 06 is an ambitious, ballsy Sonic game that failed only because it was technically broken. The core gameplay of Sonic is quite good whenever the level design doesn't put too many unrefined elements ahead of you. The homing attack feels tight and flexible with a real sense of "Oomph" to it. The level design is classic Sonic with multiple routes and rewards for high skill. It's just the convoluted story and the other campaigns that drag it down.

Mass Effect Andromeda is a recognition that their aping of Gears of War and Uncharted with ME2 and 3 was starting to ruin the direction of the brand. Granted, copying the Ubibox wasn't that much better but there is a resemblance of the original ME1 sense of wonder to certain areas and especially the visual feel of the open world planets. It is reminiscent of the UNCs from ME1 and sometimes there's a real emergent feel to driving over a bridge and encountering a hostile situation against a group of crashed survivors, and it feels pretty immersive in those moments. The main story is all kinds of shallow, particularly in the way it just rehashes the entire trilogy plot framework and calls it new things like "The Remnant" instead of AI or "Kett" instead of the Geth and you have a new hub called Nexus, a new ship called Tempest, and it's way too formulaic. Despite all that, it goes through a bombastic opening, some cool middle missions with some interesting dialogue exploration at times, and ends with a mission that really is everything ME3's Priority Earth finale should've been, and a fantastic epilogue segment that makes it feel like the world lives on after the credits.

Skyward Sword absorbed me entirely between November - January in 2011/2012. It had mediocre parts but unlike the majority I wasn't trigger happy going on the internet and putting a 7/10 on it to scream for validation. I played it, and I enjoyed it, a LOT. The Ghirahim boss encounters are so good, and it had many moments where I was really flexing my moves with the Wii remote, and I can say that no other game plays the way Skyward Sword does.
I don't hate Sonic 06. I had more fun with it than I had any right to. People exaggerate how bad it is. It's not even the worst mainline Sonic game.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
I actually really enjoyed Dragon Age 2. Yeah, there were a lot of copy/paste locations, but the story and characters were good. I also really liked the limited locale of the single city.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I've said it before, but Duke Nukem: Zero Hour is a great game. Most people haven't heard of it or never played it on the N64. To this day, I love the level design and the various eras you go through to fight aliens. The biggest problem is how there's no checkpoints for 30min+ levels. And come on, there's even a Titanic secret level!

Jupiter IV

Jan 6, 2018
Mass Effect Andromeda was still really fun for me and I think it god a bad rap because of those poor facial animations that were fixed at launch anyway. Plus, that ME multiplayer horde mode...

I enjoyed Andromeda for what it was, but I also bought it for like $5 years later.

Mass Effect 1 is the best in the series though. The rest of the games don't even come close.