• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I know a lot of the issues seem to be with the digital version, but I got the PS5 version working pretty much effortlessly. I will say I hope that in the future there's a UI overlay that asks if you want to download the PS4 or PS5 version because even with some QoL upgrades, it's still not intuitive.

cheska

Oct 27, 2017
So for someone who doesn't own the game at all on PS4/PS5, is it better to wait to buy the digital copy until there's a definitive PS5 only edition? Are we thinking the store will update today with that option?

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
So for someone who doesn't own the game at all on PS4/PS5, is it better to wait to buy the digital copy until there's a definitive PS5 only edition? Are we thinking the store will update today with that option?
There's no PS5 only edition and there probably won't be. The edition that is currently on PSN will allow you to download the PS5 version with no issue if you haven't bought it before.

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
I think the issue is popping up for folks that bought the digital version before today. I bought it 3 hours ago and it shows I own both versions. Anyway, it really sucks for those affected. The radio silence from Sega and RGG isn't helping. At least Sony is aware of the issue judging by the tweet at the top. Here's to hoping it gets resolved soon.

cheska

Oct 27, 2017
I think the issue is popping up for folks that bought the digital version before today. I bought it 3 hours ago and it shows I own both versions. Anyway, it really sucks for those affected. The radio silence from Sega and RGG isn't helping. At least Sony is aware of the issue judging by the tweet at the top. Here's to hoping it gets resolved soon.
There's no PS5 only edition and there probably won't be. The edition that is currently on PSN will allow you to download the PS5 version with no issue if you haven't bought it before.

Perfect!! Thank you so much for clarifying.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost as if they could have avoided all of this by releasing on the ps5 at the same time.

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to say, but damn I'm glad I bought the disc version when it was on sale. The upgrade from disc worked perfectly.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
It's working for me now in EU. The store item for PS5/PS4 shows as owned now and I'm able to download it.

Kwabi

Oct 29, 2017
I finally see it! Digital PS5 upgrade in NA. So excited!

Although, I am receiving an error when attempting to download it (CE-107880-4), but at least it's present now.

Edit: Download is working now!

Last edited:

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. There for me too. I got the legendary edition and noticed it wasn't free for the PS5 version for that edition, but was for the base game. Downloading it appears to be downloading DLC from that edition though, so all good!

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
It now lets you buy a $0.00 upgrade for PS5. Downloading.
Lmao, I'm gonna be right...

Total conjecture on my part: Sega releasing the upgrade in Japan with a small fee (totally normal) had applied the same process worldwide, except in the rest of the world there is no fee required, so they opted out that part of the process. Breaking the upgrade.

Control had something similar going on in Germany, where there was also an age restriction fee missing. It took a few days to rectify.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
It now lets you buy a $0.00 upgrade for PS5. Downloading.
This is so dumb. Control was a €0,25 upgrade, Nioh 2 was €0,20 and now this one is free? How do they come up with these upgrade prices for upgrades that were promised to be free in the first place? Just check the licenses and unlock it based on that.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
This is so dumb. Control was a €0,25 upgrade, Nioh 2 was €0,20 and now this one is free? How do they come up with these upgrade prices for upgrades that were promised to be free in the first place? Just check the licenses and unlock it based on that.
They were all free for me in France. Are you in Germany? There's apparently a law there that caused this issue.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
The ps4/5 licensing system is a mess.

For me it started with ps4 FF14 and ESO.
Either one for me shows as 'not purchased' within the store. I need to go to my library to find and download them.
Nioh 2's upgrade was sloppy as hell on ps5 as well, if I go to the store and look at nioh 2, I can see it as not-purchased despite getting the 'free upgrade' as a separate, different download.

-edit-

They decided to not do cross-save with Yakuza for some reason, right?

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Ok so I just checked it right now
Seems like they fixed it
I went to my library on the PS5
And went to the yakuza like a dragon icon and clicked it to go the page
And there was a new icon on the right side that said free upgrade
And now I'm downloading it

I bought it digital months back and USA region

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just gonna piggyback off this thread because it still astounds me this showed up when I downloaded PS5 SKU game last night

2Q.png

???? goddamn

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
It's a funny quirk of how Sony made things look more complicated by making them simpler in the store.

All of the editions of a game are now under the one game's title in the store, including betas/demos. So you end up with all 3 editions of the game (standard, hero, legendary hero) listed. It gets further complicated by being a cross-gen version, because each version of a cross-gen title also has the listing for the PS4 version (denoted by the - PS4 at the end). So you end up with a 3x2 version, in this case.

It's just made to look a whole to uglier by listing the game as "PS4 & PS5" at the end, so you end up with that stupid looking "PS4 & PS5 - PS4" on the PS4 versions of games that do this. Perfectly not confusing.

Dave1988

Oct 25, 2017
The price changed to 0.00 for me, but I keep getting a "Something went wrong" error (CE-107880-4) when trying to download the PS5 version. Tried restoring licenses, but I keep getting the same error :/

B-Dex

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
Downloading the PS5 upgrade version now. All my legendary hero dlc showed as free so downloading them all as well.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
The download is now working for me as it showed the "Free PS5 upgrade" icon for Yakuza: Like A Dragon PS4 & PS5. Downloading it now.

The weird part is I had purchased the Legendary Hero edition at PS4 launch and it does not let me download the Stat Boost and Crafting Sets for free, but all other DLC . That is $10 by itself. Also if I go to the product page, that particular edition is showing the full $89.99 price.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Can confirm it works. Tried it quickly and it runs better and loads much faster than the PS4 version but the upgrade isn't as massive as I thought it would be.

Protmind

Oct 27, 2017
The price changed to 0.00 for me, but I keep getting a "Something went wrong" error (CE-107880-4) when trying to download the PS5 version. Tried restoring licenses, but I keep getting the same error :/
I was getting this error too when trying to download directly from the PS5. I had to use the PS app on my phone to queue up the PS5 version download.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017

However, it does not not seem to read versions correctly. Because I purchased Legendary Hero Edition, but PS app says I own the other editions. I might contact PS support on this one though.

Fowler

Oct 26, 2017

However, it does not not seem to read versions correctly. Because I purchased Legendary Hero Edition, but PS app says I own the other editions. I might contact PS support on this one though.

Let us know what happens when you speak to PS support -- I'm in the same boat here!

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Lol lot of people shitting on crossbuy in this thread.

Been smooth for me for all the games that had a PS5 upgrade.

Ice Wheels

Jul 10, 2019
I have the PS4 disc version of this game. How do I upgrade that?

With Madden, I just had to download (free) the PS5 version from PSN. But, Like a Dragon doesn't show that option.

I am in North America.

EDIT: Seems like popping the disc in triggered a download, but hasn't told me what that download is.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Great to here it was fixed by Sega. Weird how it got messed up but they took action quickly.

Ice Wheels

Jul 10, 2019
No such luck with physical. Not sure what step I am missing. Popped the disc in, opened the game and never was prompted to download or a grab the PS5 version.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Let us know what happens when you speak to PS support -- I'm in the same boat here!

So I don't know if I just got a bad support rep or not, but the reason why I cannot claim the "crafting and stat boost" sets are that they are consumables that are not entitled to the PS5 upgrade.

I just don't understand how I bought the Legendary Hero edition at PS4 launch, but it entitles me to the Hero edition on PS5 and somehow still gives me all Legendary Hero DLC except for the consumables lol

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
So I don't know if I just got a bad support rep or not, but the reason why I cannot claim the "crafting and stat boost" sets are that they are consumables that are not entitled to the PS5 upgrade.

I just don't understand how I bought the Legendary Hero edition at PS4 launch, but it entitles me to the Hero edition on PS5 and somehow still gives me all Legendary Hero DLC except for the consumables lol
Yep, same boat. This is complete horseshit.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Installed fine for me off a PS4 disc, I have verified its the PS5 edition. If you try to install the (free?) pachislot machines DLC from Manage content it gives an error, but you can install from the PSN store link on your PS5 or the web. It says its the PS4 version of the DLC though, so not really sure whats going on there. Maybe pachislot isn't an available DLC in the PS5 edition?

Yakuza: Like a Dragon Pachislot Machines

Adds Pachislot Machines mini games to parlors around the city.

I also weirdly had one of the costume DLCs already "purchased", but I redeemed the code in the case anyways.

I was wondering if any of the other DLCs are really worth it but they all seem basically just skins or an extra weapon or two. You can buy a few characters for the "management game" (real estate? club?) like kiryu or majima, that might be the only one I might dip in on.

Still playing Ghost of Tsushima so I will probably finish that before I dip into Y7.

bender

Oct 27, 2017

Having the same issue. Reading the Twitter thread, it sounds like Playstation Support is pushing customers back to SEGA.

OP
OP
MGPanda

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Damn, haven't been home all day, glad to see the issue has been fixed, the game is downloading now!

Sucks to see that it's not detecting editions correctly, but at least everyone can play the game now. DLC can be downloaded anytime.

Thanks to everyone who helped!