• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm just gonna piggyback off this thread because it still astounds me this showed up when I downloaded PS5 SKU game last night

2Q.png

lol. not confusing at all

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just gonna piggyback off this thread because it still astounds me this showed up when I downloaded PS5 SKU game last night

2Q.png

Come on SEGA, no one should see that and think "Good enough!".

This is a great game, don't hurt people's chances of buying it.

That all said, while it would be cool if Sony had a smart delivery system, they're not going to do that this late in the generation. Hopefully it happens for next gen.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Oh geez they did state months ago that it was cross-buy but not save.

Possible update tmrw with normal store update to unlock?

Not messed up

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
Hey, I know the tag is old and wrong and stuff and I'm now the SEGA brand manager for Yakuza so I'm speaking from authority here, but in fact nothing is messed up and as soon as the PS5 page is live in all regions the PS4 listing is going to disappear so maybe give it like a day and if it's still there please tell me how much we "screwed up". Game's launching midnight local in each region, so please have fun March 2nd, when it becomes March 2nd in your area. Thanks!

EDIT: Since the account is made under my NIS email, should I like... PM a mod or make a new account?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even bothering with this facade propped up as a genuine next generation upgrade experience until they honor my PS4 saves. It's 2021. Make it work.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I know the tag is old and wrong and stuff and I'm now the SEGA brand manager for Yakuza so I'm speaking from authority here, but in fact nothing is messed up and as soon as the PS5 page is live in all regions the PS4 listing is going to disappear so maybe give it like a day and if it's still there please tell me how much we "screwed up". Game's launching midnight local in each region, so please have fun March 2nd, when it becomes March 2nd in your area. Thanks!

EDIT: Since the account is made under my NIS email, should I like... PM a mod or make a new account?
Thanks for letting us know -- if you are who you say you are. ;)

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017

It's already the 2nd here. The PS4 listing disappeared but we can't access the PS5 version unless we buy it once more.

Edit: the OP clearly stated it was already the 2nd where they live when they posted as well.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Love Americans coming into threads about an issue someone in a different time zone is having and replying "uh it's not out yet" 🙄.

OT: I noticed that when I looked on the store on my computer this morning (around 8am AEST). Thought it was weird seeing a PS4|PS5 listing only have PS4 listed as the only platform immediately underneath. It's not that bad of an issue, as I understand it, since buying the PS4 version gives the PS5 version regardless right? Still, that should really be fixed.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
so whats the deal if you have PS4 disc to install the PS5 version - do you have to install the PS4 game first on PS5, then try and upgrade or does just having the disc in the drive allow you to get access to the psn store PS5 version?

I have a disc version of PS5 but never tried upgrading from a PS4 disc before

Gatling

Nov 3, 2020
It's already the 2nd here. The PS4 listing disappeared but we can't access the PS5 version unless we buy it once more.
Yes. I bought yakuza ps4 & ps5 yesterday hdre in germany. Now (1,5 h into the 2nd) my version only has the ps4 tag and in the store there is a new version with ps4 & ps5 tag.... (with the same information text). But i must buy it again for 60€....

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland

Thanks but it's already March 2nd here and I can't download the PS5 version without paying again.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
If you have the day ichi edition with the PS4 content codes... does the dlc transfer to the ps5 version?

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
so whats the deal if you have PS4 disc to install the PS5 version - do you have to install the PS4 game first on PS5, then try and upgrade or does just having the disc in the drive allow you to get access to the psn store PS5 version?

I have a disc version of PS5 but never tried upgrading from a PS4 disc before

How it should work is inserting the disc and getting the ability to play the PS5 version. It shouldn't be any fancier than that. But it does require the disc to be in the system, just like other cross purchase titles.

Edit: the OP clearly stated it was already the 2nd where they live when they posted as well.

I just wanted to make sure people wandering into the thread saw it (where it is still Mar 1), and did not expect to go get the game right now.

Thanks but it's already March 2nd here and I can't download the PS5 version without paying again.

Right, thanks, I'm looking into it. Please don't purchase again, all PlayStation 4 purchasers have entitlement to a free upgrade to the PS5 version as we messaged out last year.

If you have the day ichi edition with the PS4 content codes... does the dlc transfer to the ps5 version?
If I have the PS4 edition and DLC code like the legends set, will that transfer also to the PS5?

DLC entitlements carry over to PS5 from PS4, EXCEPT the consumable DLC which will only redeem once and lock to that platform.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017

If I have the PS4 edition and DLC code like the legends set, will that transfer also to the PS5?

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017

2Q.png

I had a weird sort of similar issue to this screenshot with Borderlands 3 on my PS5. It just made me appreciate the simplicity of Smart Delivery instead.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
How it should work is inserting the disc and getting the ability to play the PS5 version. It shouldn't be any fancier than that. But it does require the disc to be in the system, just like other cross purchase titles.
Yeah I put the disc in and the option popped up to upgrade to the PS5 version.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017

I just wanted to make sure people wandering into the thread saw it (where it is still Mar 1), and did not expect to go get the game right now.

Right, thanks, I'm looking into it. Please don't purchase again, all PlayStation 4 purchasers have entitlement to a free upgrade to the PS5 version as we messaged out last year.

DLC entitlements carry over to PS5 from PS4, EXCEPT the consumable DLC which will only redeem once and lock to that platform.

Nice to know thanks. Ugh now I have to wait longer to play this game awaiting the ichi edition... FWP

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Is the PS5 version not yet available on the digital storefront?

I purchased it, and it read PS4 & PS5 version, but when it started downloading, it read PS4 version, and there doesn't seem to be any way to choose a PS5 version. Do we just wait until tomorrow, or after midnight today, and it will be available?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Is the PS5 version not yet available on the digital storefront?

I purchased it, and it read PS4 & PS5 version, but when it started downloading, it read PS4 version, and there doesn't seem to be any way to choose a PS5 version. Do we just wait until tomorrow, or after midnight today, and it will be available?

PS5 edition not yet available in North America. May be available in other regions but maybe not?

Its not clear when it'll show up in NA PSN store, maybe midnight EST tonight, PST, or sometime tomorrow. Usually Sony starts updating store stuff around 8am PDT / 11am EDT but its real hit and miss, I've seen some games not launch till like 5pm on tuesdays.

If you bought the digital version, just wait I don't think you can preload it yet. If you have the disc, don't stick it in the drive yet, it'll install and download the PS4 version. Just gotta wait.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Yeah the PS5 UI is very un-cooked with so many versions to choose from but all doesnt show up in the list - you have to select one version and the second or third time you go into the selection list the game you own may pop up.
That is the case with my digital Bloodborne GOTY-edition.

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA
Can confirm that the NA version is both live and functioning with the free upgrade with physical SKU, digital should be the same case. PT and ET now live.

With all PS upgrades there's a little bit of navigating to the relevant store page and selecting that free upgrade option (it does present as a purchase of 0.00$).

Kwabi

Oct 29, 2017
Still showing up at $59.99 for me when I check the PS5 store (NA). I have digital.

Edit: Should I uninstall the PS4 version?

Last edited:

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Ok I just put in my PS4 disc- the free upgrade works!

Just hit the three dots and choose which version it is, then it says free to start downloading the PS5 version.

If I download the PS4 DLC (like the Pachislots) will it automatically work in PS5 version?
(The PSN store only lists the DLC for PS4, not PS5)

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can confirm that the NA version is both live and functioning with the free upgrade with physical SKU, digital should be the same case. PT and ET now live.

With all PS upgrades there's a little bit of navigating to the relevant store page and selecting that free upgrade option (it does present as a purchase of 0.00$).

Not working for me... it's asking for full price on a digital copy/upgrade sadly. Tried the app, webstore, and on console. I'll check again tomorrow.

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
Worked for me. What I had to do was put in the disc, press down on the icon to bring up the Play and ... buttons, click ... and then click PS5 Full which switched the icon in the menu to the PS5 game and then the Play or Download button or whatever took me to the store where it was free

The legends costume pack was also free so I guess I don't need to enter the code that came with my game anymore. Only thing I'm not clear on is the pachislot stuff since it's listed as DLC for the PS4 version specifically and not PS5

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
with the disc in i had to search for like a dragon on the store where it let me purchase the ps5 version for free. didn't get the option when i hit start on the icon like it did for miles morales

Keylow

Oct 25, 2017

I just did it. Worked for me

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
I'm not able to get the free upgrade for some reason
Still shows up as a 59.99$ purchase
Any help?
I got it digital btw from PSN

Frost1800

Dec 3, 2019

It still wants me to pay for the PS5 version when I have the PS4 version in Asia.
I got it digital btw from PSN.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018

It's showing up as a 59.99$ purchase for me

TK_Shrodes

Sega of America
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
San Mateo, CA

Protmind

Oct 27, 2017
NA here too. Same issues. I think we should change the thread title and add a "Actually" at the end.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017

2Q.png
Meh, the only bad thing here is Sega's confusing way to have "PS4 & PS5" in the name of the game version. Other than that you have three different SKUs with two of them having a native PS5 version (no "- PS4" at the end) and all three of them having a PS4 version (with "- PS4" at the end).
That being said, chances are it will still download the wrong or too many versions once you choose the correct version... >_>

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Broken for me in EU digital version. Shows I don't own the game at all since the PS4 only version is now gone.