• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Cyberpunk launch on December 10th?

• Yes, it's fourth time lucky.

Votes: 520 36.6%
  • No chance. It's going to get delayed again.

Votes: 899 63.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they've gone gold they've probably sent their GM build so that disc manufacturing can begin. I don't think they're delaying it again. They'll use post-launch patches to fix any major issues.

(I'm not getting the game but I still feel like a delay into February might be better, holiday sales Windows and next-gen consoles be damned.)

Deleted member 10193

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. By the end of Nov we will get a Feb date. If they have to delay it again just say fuck it and delay it till next-gen patch is done.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed to Q1 2021 and we get the next-gen versions at launch but I'd imagine CDPR really wants to get it out before Christmas

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
As crazy as it sounds I am kind of expecting another delay.

Even if it does release I think early days it could be an absolute mess, like some of the speculation has said I think this is probably a forced delay due to failing cert. It might just be best to play it next year anyway. No console footage at all is a red flag.

Huge sympathy for the developers and their loved ones in the run up to Christmas.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
"We have decided to release this game in 2021, since we want to polish the fuck out of this broken game, bear with us as we decided what next tight deadline we decide to inflict on our staff, who are nothing more now than husks, please buy our game whilst we say really stupid, harmful things on Twitter and give half hearted apologies. Thank you".

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cd projekt brown, for the shit they are full of.

They need to stop commiting to dates until they are literally one month out and the game is guaranteed to release. They should also push the game to next spring. Is it a bad look? Yeah upper management should be embarassed. But it would allow the game to "actually" launch on next gen consoles, and it would give the devs like a week or two off for the holidays at least.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
I'm expecting a delay to feb/March
Agreed. A delay this late screams failed certification or finding a massive problem. Doubt they're going to fix it in three weeks. My guess is they just want people to continue pre-ordering as the holidays get closer and they know it's not hitting December and aren't really targeting that day.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I think this short delay means it's the last, I mean it's only 3 weeks and the game is gold

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I think this short delay means it's the last, I mean it's only 3 weeks and the game is gold

They are desperate to get the game out before Holidays and slot it into tail end of Holiday shopping.

If speculation about day 1 patch having failed certs is right I doubt few more weeks will do anything for it to pass, or to game to be in good shape if it does squeak by. I expect delay into early 21.

venumbossv

Oct 18, 2020
I doubt any big technical milestone could be steadily achieved in the span of 3weeks, and no small problem would actually make them delay the whole game. My guess is that they're running into some big trouble with console performance. However 3 weeks don't count for shit in game developing so I don't held my hopes up.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna have so many bugs and glitches people will make fun of regardless of when it releases.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
IIRC TLoU Part II also suffered a small delay like this close to launch (they hadn't announced going gold though). So yeah, I believe this will be the last of delays, but it'd definitely be funny in a way if its pushed back to Q1 2021.

nizerifin

Jun 9, 2018
I think they are dead set on launching during the holiday window, so yes, for better or worse, it's going to launch.

OP
OP

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
IIRC TLoU Part II also suffered a small delay like this close to launch (they hadn't announced going gold though). So yeah, I believe this will be the last of delays, but it'd definitely be funny in a way if its pushed back to Q1 2021.

TLoU Part 2 actually had gone gold as well, although in fairness whole countries were locking down and closing borders so that was more due to distrubition rather than the quality of the game.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
It's probably going to get pushed into early 2021, aligning with a launch on next-gen consoles. Current gen versions will be delayed past that point, if not quietly cancelled.
don't be ridiculous the game was built in this gen for this gen. do you know just how much money they would lose just not releasing ps4/one versions millions

not everyone will be jumped onto PS5 overnight you know

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, ready or not they will not be brave enough to delay again, but I thought they would never delay after gonna gold ...

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My vote goes for no. I think they bought themselves 3 weeks time to achieve whatever they can, and then they'll launch the game as best as they can, knowing it won't be up to the standards they'd prefer, but out in time for the holidays.

thomasmahler

Game Director at Moon Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Vienna / Austria
I doubt anyone really knows at this point, not even the folks at CDPR. Usually how this works is that everyone works against these targets and tries their darndest to hit them, but then unforseen things happen and boom, you're confronted with either shipping something that's a bit broken (with usually the hope that you'll patch it a few days after launch) or delay the launch so that bugs can get ironed out. What should be pretty clear is that nobody takes these decisions lightly, so the game is probably not in that great of a state right now, otherwise there's 0 chance they would've delayed it again so close before release. I also doubt it's just performance, cause they probably would've been okay with the game not in the greatest shape on base consoles. My guess is that there's still quite a ton of bugs open and they just couldn't get them down to a number where they felt okay shipping the game and patching it after. So really, it's anyone's guess, it's highly dependent on the severity of the bugs and whether or not their folks still have enough braincells left to get the highest priority bugs fixed until release.

With how much is at stake for them, I'm glad I'm not in their shoes. There must be tremendous pressure on everyone trying to finally get this thing out of the door.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I hope it gets delayed until the series x and ps5 versions are ready.

If not I won't be purchasing it until the next gen version is ready as im not interested in playing this one via backwards compatibility.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Whatever problem they had was big enough to blow millions of dollars away in printing and advertising. I don't think something like that can be fixed in three weeks. Especially when the people fixing it are already beyond tired and stressed out.

Gotsh0cks

Sep 28, 2020
Anything goes at this point. I share the sentiment a lot of others have that we're probably looking at holding off until all the cross-gen differences are smoothed out and the next gen versions are ready.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Hard to say without knowing the current status of the game and how far cdpr is willing to go. If the game is in a bad state but the managers really believe they will pull a miracle, then, LOL. Depends on if CDPR is fine with the bad state. If they aren't fine, I bet it gets delayed to March. Before their next quarter or w/e.

If it's really what they say, though, where it's just to fine tune it on all platforms, i think 3 weeks is enough. I just have a hard time believing they would delay it if the problem was so minimal. This situation just reads to me that a super bad management is still being bad in the face of a product that isn't ready. They think 21 days is enough time, when it really isn't. If that matter or not, I cannot say.