• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
the whole "I'm not being a conspiracy theorist, I'm just asking open ended questions formulated in such a way as to increase the fear mongering as much as possible" style is so soul destroying.

Oct 29, 2017
Because he's a piece of shit

Yep.

Anti-science, anti-intellectualism, "I'm just asking questions, man!"-ism is the name of their game. It's how they keep control over the uneducated base. Fear and ignorance (see racism) are their most powerful tools.

"There's no proof that the vaccine is dangerous, but there doesn't need to be." - Tucker Carlson

Just think about what he's saying, there.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fear in people gets them to tune in and watch mypillow ads.

As long as he gets eyeballs, he'll keep doing it.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Tucker Carlson is an absolute cancer to this country, and he can not go the way of Rush Limbaugh soon enough

TeaberryShark

Feb 8, 2019
Also notice a trend in conspiracy theories being blasted on fox. A lot of recent coverage on "UFOs" etc. if you feed them crazy shit they already believe, they'll more readily believe you when you say mundane shit like "trump is not a crook".

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
He's a conservative sensationalist. Outrage is his entire platform and why he's popular.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Because it's tribal bs.

He and his racist cult wants the worse for this nation if a Dem is in office so that they can be elected back into power and allow it to rot under them.

I'm 100% sure if Trump won and was rolling out vaz rn him and his string pullers wouldn't be doing this NEARLY AS MUCH.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't anything new. For the past 40 years Republican policy has been nothing more than "oppose the left because fuck you".

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Because being anti-vax is becoming part of the GOP's dumbfuck agenda of accusing everything as a way of "controlling" them. Wouldn't be surprised if that asshat actually got the vaccine already and is just playing to his dumbass viewers.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
because daddy never hugged him

edit: serious answer, its because hes trying to keep the outrage machine rolling. you cant let your audience feel like its okay to breathe for a day otherwise they might start using their brain

PASSPO☆

Apr 26, 2021
The reason is that, like many conservatives, he cares more about his freedom and his ideals, than he cares about the well being of his friends/family and his community.

That's why most conservatives are against being vaccinated, against mask wearing, and doing anything to fight climate change.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
Being anti-vaccine is under the umbrella of being anti-scientific consensus which is under the umbrella of anti-institutionalism.

They're essentially a privatized propaganda outlet for the GOP elites who view institutions as aspects of society that need to be done away with. They're anathema to corporate financial interests (see: climate change) and are therefore an opposing force to the types of rich, right wing corporate think tanks that fund these programs and keep mouthpieces like Carlson employed.
This is very clearly and concisely put.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
Polarization of key issues in society drive engagement in all things, including vaccination. So if biden pushed vaccination, he would be anti vax. If biden was anti vax, he would be pro vax. Its how it all works.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He and his audience operate on a feedback loop. What he states on air is a reflection of what his core audience believes. Feeding it back to them and the wider audience, reinforcing the belief.

He is strictly interested in growing his following.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
I know our government doesn't work this way but I wish they could boot his ass directly into a prison for this shit.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Yeah, it's feedback loop bullshit. He knows the people he's catering to believe this nonsense, so he perpetuates it in order to maintain their support. It's not like Tuck comes up with his own ideas, he just looks at what the dumbest fucking people in the country think and rolls with it as aggressively as possible, because it's what his viewers want to hear.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Because his only real beliefs is to be against the other side.

If the Biden administration announced tomorrow that vaccines are made by the devil and no one should take them, he'd be on his show that night saying "Everyone should get vaccines now!"

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Because he's playing to a certain audience

People of the land

The common clay of the West.

tumblr_ocy9d6bVfn1rbvhgao5_500.gifv

God this duo was truly art.

fuck carlson

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's feedback loop bullshit. He knows the people he's catering to belief this nonsense, so he perpetuates it in order to maintain their support. It's not like Tuck comes up with his own ideas, he just looks at what the dumbest fucking people in the country think and rolls with it as aggressively as possible, because it's what his viewers want to hear.
Yup, all of this. It's basically weaponized confirmation bias. Which he usually couches in the most blatant of bad faith arguments..."just asking questions".

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
All they have is fear and fake outrage. If Trump was still president and telling everyone to get vaccinated, their tone would totally flip.

Dec 23, 2017
How does fox keep finding people with the most unlikable faces. Even if he was on another network I couldn't watch just because of his face.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Exploiting the fears of his viewers to stay relevant and popular. Click baiting essentially.

I'm sure he got his vaccine as soon as possible and doesn't believe any of the shit he says

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The American right wing already turned the virus into a culture war issue. This is just a continuation of that.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
He is a performer paid to be as divisive as possible at all times in order to erode American democracy. His outrage can shift focus at any time and even change sides depending on how to best serve that end. Shamelessly disingenuous.

sophora

Oct 29, 2017
Wonder if Vaccine manufacturers can use this recent stuff as evidence akin to the Siney Powell situation yet.

Nov 21, 2017
Can someone take some legal action against him at this point, even if it's just civil? This shit is wreck-less and serious.

He needs to be pressured into backtracking. Fox needs to be pressured into issuing disclaimers / corrections

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
I think ratings and viewership have a lot to with it. Trolling and creating controversy without taking any responsibility whatsoever.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
How does fox keep finding people with the most unlikable faces. Even if he was on another network I couldn't watch just because of his face.
He was literally the only guy in the office when the OJ trials were going on and dogwhistled like hell about wanting people to stop talking about race. And then he just fell upwards from there.