• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yeah. I just always worry about him in most fights more than I do Cap or Bucky. I feel like Sam is the kind of Cap that is going to take some damage he can never come back from at some point, because when you're a normal guy doing stuff that's that intense, at some point your luck is gonna run out.

There's obviously nothing wrong with the Badass Normal trope, but I do still kinda wish he had some powers of his own. Just...not bird telepathy.
Animal empathy is a great super power! I will die on that hill!

But to the rest of your point, I feel that's the point. He's more of an every man (more in the comics than the MCU) and can inspire us to be more.

Which to me is something that superhero stories should do. Inspire us to be more.

That's why despite the flaws of Falcon and the Winter Solider it was one of my favorites. It took us to the worst injustices and told us the answers aren't just punching bad guys in the face.

And that a man who should by all right hate the stars and stripes, can still wear them to inspire use to stand for the ideals that the United States supposed were founded for.

Steve Rogers was created by two Jewish Men who wanted to mock Hitler by having a blond hair, blue eyed "ubermensch" reject everything the Nazis claimed to belive in.

Sam Wilson became Cap in the comics to remind us that we are not as good as we should be. That American Dream is a lie, but doesn't have to be. And the MCU story, flawed as it was, tied to those same ideas. We can be a better nation. We just need to be shown the way and follow.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I love how Sam fight, very creative use of his wing. This move is super cool
a91cd3100ddab15029a0b9ed173f65caed9ab7a7.gif

That was rad. He blocked a helicopter, right? If so, Someone played MvC3

View: https://twitter.com/cbake76/status/1385775216589221896?s=20&t=oXPnrUvmT4FzJ8C8JYvjCg

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah. I just always worry about him in most fights more than I do Steve or Bucky. I feel like Sam is the kind of Cap that is going to take some damage he can never come back from at some point, because when you're a normal guy doing stuff that's that intense, at some point your luck is gonna run out.

There's obviously nothing wrong with the Badass Normal trope, but I do still kinda wish he had some powers of his own. Just...not bird telepathy.

Falc and Winter Soldier showed how much super serum is floating around. I really hope they don't go that route because the stakes are higher with him as a human. But depending on the nature of the threat, he may eventually have to go full super soldier or some variation.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Falc and Winter Soldier showed how much super serum is floating around. I really hope they don't go that route because the stakes are higher with him as a human. But depending on the nature of the threat, he may eventually have to go full super soldier or some variation.

I would rather he not just get the exact same powers as Steve, at least. Sam should have his own powers that set him apart.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I just always worry about him in most fights more than I do Steve or Bucky. I feel like Sam is the kind of Cap that is going to take some damage he can never come back from at some point, because when you're a normal guy doing stuff that's that intense, at some point your luck is gonna run out.

It's okay because Joaquin's gonna get it anyway. Just you wait. 😂

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
But even ignoring that what issue is there with Marvel having multiple female led shows? Why is it suddenly a problem when it's a woman?
That's just sexism, no one complains about male hero #381
Like I said…
People are concerned that Marvel is trying to push a Black man aside in favor of a white woman. And while I understand the concern, that's not what's happening.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
I find her insanely boring so anytime I see her it's like "oh yay more of this!", and for clarification I have NEVER been a fan of Captain America and always found Steve Roger's equally boring.

It's like going into street fighter and finding Ryu the most interesting out of the entire roster.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Haley being stuck in the past is a bummer, her one shot and show was also great and short lived.

Haley and her character deserve better, we need more.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Strictly speaking for the What If series, her story/arc was one of the more interesting, IMO probably the best, in S1 so what a surprise S2 revisits her.

She remains relegated to alternate timelines. Sam is only in danger of more bad writing (based on how others seem to feel about FaWS, I didn't really find it bad at all).

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Strictly speaking for the What If series, her story/arc was one of the more interesting, IMO probably the best, in S1 so what a surprise S2 revisits her.

She remains relegated to alternate timelines. Sam is only in danger of more bad writing (based on how others seem to feel about FaWS, I didn't really find it bad at all).

With the multiverse being an MCU thing, is anyone ever "stuck" anymore? Even death is a minor inconvenience, but that's always been the way with comics.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017

At least Captain America 4 has the writer of one of the best episodes of the series. Between him and Spellman, I at least have faith that the movie with handle topical themes with tact.

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda humorous but I keep stuff on my Twitter timeline asking the same thing lol. Carter is seems like a character that people like but not love enough to keep showing up

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda humorous but I keep stuff on my Twitter timeline asking the same thing lol. Carter is seems like a character that people like but not love enough to keep showing up
Honestly Hayley Atwell is a treasure and Marvel knows it and I think they regret shoving her into the 1940's.

Her and enchantress really need to pop off more outside obscure cameos.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly Haley Atwell is a treasure and Marvel knows it and I think they regret shoving her into the 1940's.

Her and enchantress really need to pop off more outside obscure cameos.

I know this is a thread about the Captain America side of things, but it still surprises me that there have been 4 Thor movies, and a Loki series, and still no Amora.