• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
Have we seen SamCap since April of 2021?

I guess there was some cruise ship video or something, but is there anything I'm completely forgetting right now?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
She was the only good thing to come out of the 75th.
She was so popular she got introduced in the comics.
She was so popular in the comics she was introduced in What if.
She was so popular then they had to do a live action version.
She was so popular then they had to tell us thats not the What if Carter who died in MoM.

I think they are "pushing her" because shes actually a really popular character.
Hell id pay top dollar for a full budget live action Captain Carter movie/TV show.

For those wondering what other Captain Americas came from the 75th?
image-271.jpeg

From left to right.
Captain Carter.
Steampunk Avenger.
Avengers Daughters - (Peggy and Steve have a kid)
Civil Warrior - Tony Stark dies during Civil War so Cap decides to continue his "legacy".
Knight America.
Steve.

Last edited:

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
She's the only interesting character to come out of What If, Atwell loves the character and the audience also loves the character. Sam is getting a whole movie (let's be honest, it's gonna be more than just one movie thankfully), plus has had big appereances in multiple previous movies, plus is getting the official title of being Captain America and a whole MCU show about him.

And Captain Carter is the one getting pushed?

Last edited:

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
What If and a small cameo in MoM is pushing her so hard? She's a main character in What If and they wanted the Illuminati to not just be men so it was easy having her be a member.

Sam had a whole D+ series about him, has appeared in previous movies and is getting his own movie soon.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Because Hayley Atwell deserves it.
I wish Captain Carter didn't die in Dr Strange but instead came back to the 616 with him

Oct 27, 2017
I got a feeling we will see her in the silver screen as well. Mighty Thor paved the way and there is enough multiverse bs going on that anything is possible. Also Chris Evans return is inevitable.

Feb 16, 2022
Again she's a fan favorite character, It wouldn't even be her first show

dvd-and-bluray-bluray-television-drama-marvel-agent-carter-season-1-bluray.jpg

Marvel arn't stupid, and they have all the metric data to support everything they do. Sadly we live in a world where Marvel's female led movies havn't done excellent and secondly shows like Wandavision and Agent Carter are doing pretty well in comparison

If they ever do push out a Captain Carter stand alone show then it wouldn't be without supporting financials.

But even ignoring that what issue is there with Marvel having multiple female led shows? Why is it suddenly a problem when it's a woman?
No idea, I'm simply pointing out another angle at play here. Some people out there just seem sick of spin-offs. I disagree lol.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I was so heartbroken when Agent Carter was cancelled and when Peggy did not have much of a reason to stay in the MCU. The Multiverse allows her to stay with us, that's brilliant!
It's kind of a miracle that they've found as many reasons as they have for Peggy and Hayley Atwell to return to the MCU, even after all these years.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Sounds like crying because she's a woman tbh.

She's had one animated episode and a small cameo. Sam has a full tv series and a movie on the way.

Bizarre posting tbh.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
There's definitely a hatedom out there besides the usual "anti strong female" crowd.

Most of it are those fangirls who ship Steve and Bucky together and HATE that Steve ended up with her. They also call Peggy a Nazi just because she "let" Hydra infiltrate SHIELD. These fans also tried to gaslight others into believing this was some deliberate racist push to oust Sam at the time What If came out. There's some hate for Atwell from some convention comments she's made about Chloe Bennett and her character Daisy. I can't find anything other than hearsay but long story short they think Hayley's mad racist. Finally I've seen people who don't like the idea of a hero portraying the British flag in a positive light because of the UK's history of colonialism (but US is fine for some reason 🤷‍♂️)

I'm cool with it. I think the comments saying she's like the MCU Spider-Gwen is very apt.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
What's some of her best best comics runs?
She actually has a Captain Carter book right now.

Other than that she was mostly a background character, a retconned love interest from the 40s that didn't appear all that much in the main comics until recently where she was revealed to still be alive and helped Steve with her group called the Daughters of Librety.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Captain Carter interests me as a character more than any currently announced MCU film, so that's gotta be worth something, lol.

i just want mutants stop fucking around with all this kang nonsense marvel please

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Captain Carter interests me as a character more than any currently announced MCU film, so that's gotta be worth something, lol.

i just want mutants stop fucking around with all this kang nonsense marvel please

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The X-Men are going to dominate the MCU like they dominate the rest of Marvel.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Don't listen to him Marvel, give me every version of Kang. And when you do mutants give a Rama-Tut vs Apocalypse scene.

Koyaannis

May 5, 2021
Groot was referenced in Ms Marvel and has his own mini-serie in the making. Twitter must be outraged, so much pushing from Marvel !

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
She actually has a Captain Carter book right now.

Other than that she was mostly a background character, a retconned love interest from the 40s that didn't appear all that much in the main comics until recently where she was revealed to still be alive and helped Steve with her group called the Daughters of Librety.
Oh that's good that she has a run at the moment. I presumed she was a well established character due to the fan love for her.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Oh that's good that she has a run at the moment. I presumed she was a well established character due to the fan love for her.
Alot of that love is because of Haley Atwell and how she was written in the MCU.

The Captain Carter season takes place in her What If? Universe and even includes STRIKE (british version of SHIELD) and an adaptation of Elizabeth Braddock (better know to many as Psylocke) who was a member of STRIKE in her backstory.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Don't listen to him Marvel, give me every version of Kang. And when you do mutants give a Rama-Tut vs Apocalypse scene.

Fire hydrant helmets as far as the eye can see. Call it Crisis on Infinite Dorks!

I love how Sam fight, very creative use of his wing. This move is super cool
a91cd3100ddab15029a0b9ed173f65caed9ab7a7.gif

The bummer I always feel about Sam is that unlike Steve and Bucky he doesn't have augmented strength or durability - he's just a regular human with tech wings, so he's a LOT more fragile and at risk of death in almost every encounter he's part of.

SpudBud

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hayley Atwel is awesome so they can fuck off. At this point I need a Cap team up movie. Steve, Peggy, Sam and Bucky.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
twitter complaining that they're sick of a female character?

im shocked

Twitter would never do such a thing.

Except every day ending in Y.

Edit: reading through the thread I see someone else made the exact same observation. I regret and take back nothing.

Last edited:

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be a fun time when they finally introduce Miles and start pushing him in the MCU.

Oct 27, 2017

I think the Kang concept is neat and the most interesting thing they have on the horizon, at least on paper. I don't expect the execution will be all that great, judging by how lackluster the multiverse stuff has been so far.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Fire hydrant helmets as far as the eye can see. Call it Crisis on Infinite Dorks!
YOUR A DORK!

The bummer I always feel about Sam is that unlike Steve and Bucky he doesn't have augmented strength or durability - he's just a regular human with tech wings, so he's a LOT more fragile and at risk of death in almost every encounter he's part of.
That's why I like him actually. He doesn't have doesn't have super powers, or a full body armor that protects him from harm. He's just as vulnerable as any of us (granted he has a shit ton of training and is probably really close to peak human physical ability)

All he has is his EXO-7 aerial rescue wings (well the Wakandan version now that is definitely made of vibranium) and the shield.

Yet he still does all this, he is a hero not through experiment, or penance, etc. He's just a good person who knows he can do good.

I just hope he loses the uzis. That was a bad addition to him that needs to just go away.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's why I like him actually. He doesn't have doesn't have super powers, or a full body armor that protects him from harm. He's just as vulnerable as any of us (granted he has a shit ton of training and is probably really close to peak human physical ability)

All he has is his EXO-7 aerial rescue wings (well the Wakandan version now that is definitely made of vibranium) and the shield.

Yet he still does all this, he is a hero not through experiment, or penance, etc. He's just a good person who knows he can do good.

Yeah. I just always worry about him in most fights more than I do Steve or Bucky. I feel like Sam is the kind of Cap that is going to take some damage he can never come back from at some point, because when you're a normal guy doing stuff that's that intense, at some point your luck is gonna run out.

There's obviously nothing wrong with the Badass Normal trope, but I do still kinda wish he had some powers of his own. Just...not bird telepathy.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I just always worry about him in most fights more than I do Cap or Bucky. I feel like Sam is the kind of Cap that is going to take some damage he can never come back from at some point, because when you're a normal guy doing stuff that's that intense, at some point your luck is gonna run out.

There's obviously nothing wrong with the Badass Normal trope, but I do still kinda wish he had some powers of his own. Just...not bird telepathy.
I agree there, He def gonna take some serious damage eventually like Clint and his hearing now