• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
She's been getting the most focus out of any of the What if characters even though her What if concept is a lot less interesting than the others, she was the most promoted character for season 1, then appeared in the comics, had a part in Dr. Strange MoM, and is being hyped up again for season 2 of What if

View: https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1550568507066253315?t=uMEd7T9B8mehumm5YTLvjQ&s=19

View: https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1550575680940916739?t=hPNeVlxJTaVryXSRgD0n5Q&s=19

It's starting to feel like Marvel is doing more to promote her than with Sam Captain America, Which is part of the reason why her name was trending today with a lot of people complaining on how they are already sick of her

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Marvel doesn't have the full rights to Spider-Gwen. This feels like a deliberate "we have a Spider-Gwen at home" thing, lol.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
2 episodes of an animated show and a cameo isn't really what I'd call pushing compared to Sam Cap getting his own TV series and movie

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
She's more on the animated side of things, while Sam is getting his own movie after a TV series centered around him taking up the mantle of Captain America.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
twitter complaining that they're sick of a female character?

im shocked

Oct 26, 2017
Being in two seasons of an animated TV show and having a cameo in a movie hardly counts as "pushing".

EDIT: I see I'm not alone on this one.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
It's starting to feel like Marvel is doing more to promote her than with Sam Captain America, Which is part of the reason why her name was trending today with a lot of people complaining on how they are already sick of her
Yep, that's totally why people are complaining about her. No other reason. No sirree.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
People liked Peggy Carter. Hayley Atwell has seemed open to show up in the MCU whenever they wanted her (even for AoS). Chris Evans Cap is no longer around. Cap Carter resonated with people. Seems pretty clear to me.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Peggy Carter is a breakout MCU character, and Captain Carter makes her more merchandisable.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Two TV episodes across multiple years and a movie cameo is "pushing so much"?

What the fuck are people even complaining about anymore?

ghostmind

Oct 25, 2017
Why not? She's great.

Better question is why folks are scared of strong women. Especially in a lead role.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Well this is something that has already been announced and they're advertising it. I'm sure they'll start promoting Sam more and giving him more spotlight once Captain America 4 is made official.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
They landed on a really good thing with "what if Peggy Carter was Captain America" and Hayley Atwell is all too willing to roll with it. Don't see why it's a problem really.

The real fun part is when the MCU finally gets around to Captain Britain.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
because she's cool?

Well yeah I'm sure that's another side of things( a side best ignored) but I did see a lot of people complaining about the lack of promotion for Sam Wilson Captain America on Twitter today

i mean they're going to announce his Captain America movie soon

this was animation day for Marvel and Captain Carter is a prominent character created from Marvel Studios Animation

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Because

doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-captain-carter.gif

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
But do they have the rights to Gwenpool, cause that would be a better alternative
First of all, I would think that they do, but since she was technically created as a Gwen Stacy alt cover it might not be so clean cut. Second, why would she be a better alternative? They haven't even introduced Deadpool proper in to the MCU.

ezidro3

May 31, 2021
Captain Carter had her cliffhanger at the end of What If S1 and people have the gall to be surprised that they're following up on it lol

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
She was prominent in the S1 advertising because she's such an easy example of the What If concept that a rock can understand it.
She was in, what, two episodes, one of which was the big team-up episode?
And at the time there was plenty of positive buzz around her. People on here LOVED her, IIRC.
So yeah, they're gonna put her in MoM and Season 2. Easy peasy.
This is not difficult to understand.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
People liked Peggy Carter. Hayley Atwell has seemed open to show up in the MCU whenever they wanted her (even for AoS). Chris Evans Cap is no longer around. Cap Carter resonated with people. Seems pretty clear to me.

Yeah, this. She's popular, Atwell likes playing her, and they can't use Evans-Cap as much. She can replace WW2 Cap anytime they would otherwise use him. Best let Sam get a better foothold as Cap before multiversing him too much.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
She's cool, her episode of What If was one of the stronger ones and it ended on a cliffhanger. Not much else to it

sbenji

Jul 25, 2019
I would assume it is because they have an established character with an actress that audiences like. Honestly don't see the issue. Mcu is big enough.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
she's cool unlike both captain america's we've gotten so far

i love chris evans but steve rogers was the most boring character in the history of fiction.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
They realized they fucked up by underutilizing her in the Captain America movies and that mid ABC show so they're overcompensating now.