• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I've had clippers for a long time and used them, but mainly relied on get my hair getting cut at a barber shop or other hair cutting place.
Since March when the COVID-19 pandemic went into full swing, I've just been using my clipper and it's been...just fine as it turns out. The only difficulty is my neck hair line, but I can get an assist from my son to deal with that when needed to make sure it doesn't appear that I went at it with a weed whacker.
So anyone just done with paying $20 plus to get your hair cut like me?

DRock

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to get a professional cut again. Takes me like an hour to cut my own hair vs the 20 minutes in the chair.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
I've been getting professional haircuts since I was about 14. During our lockdown in NZ, I ended up cutting it myself with clippers, and actually managed to get it pretty close. Since then, I've been trimming and cutting it myself to prolong the time between professional cuts. Probably only going half as much as I used to.

Deleted member 31199

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Not sure I would call Sportclips a "professional" hair cut however I do like getting a scalp massage and the tea tree shampoo.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My wife did a very noble job of clipping my hair, and it got me through a couple of months, but for the real thing I need an experienced barber.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Me, though before I went to Great Clips which is average at best. Though now I just trim it myself, and since all my hair is falling out anyway, its not going to look good anyway and its all getting shaved off at some point.

Marz

Oct 30, 2017
No lol. It doesn't look even close as good as going in to an actual barber...you're fooling yourself saying or thinking otherwise

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My wife took over cutting my hair and I have zero reason to ever go back to a barber shop again.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I bought clippers but then turns out lockdown is over where I live and got a haircut done couple of days ago! 😅 It's £14 here.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
The salon I go to does a scalp massage in addition to doing a wonderful job on my hair. As a 40-something man who has as much hair as I did when I was 18, I feel compelled to give it the best treatment possible.

OP
OP
Walter White Walker
Oct 27, 2017
No lol. It doesn't look even close as good as going in to an actual barber...you're fooling yourself saying or thinking otherwise

No, because my hair isn't that difficult, like most guys past a certain age (for the most part). Clipper with 4 on top and 3 on the sides. People I trust to tell me when I'm full of frothy shit (and they do) said it looks good.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
i havent had a haircut since march. I AM GOING TO BUY THE MOST EXPENSIVE HAIRCUT I CAN AS SOON AS I CAN.

Nov 7, 2017
Naw doing a fade is an art form and is difficult to do if you're not an actual barber (my wife came close bless her heart tho)

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
No way. But I only go every 4-5 months and it's literally in front of my house.

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
I have had my partner help me a couple of times during the pandemic. She has actually done a great job, but I feel like she works enough as it is and does not need to spend even more time cutting my hair. I would do it myself but I there is no way I would end up with something even close to good looking.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I've been my entire adult life. Clippers are cheap and after a few tries it's easy to do. Not worth the expense

not to mention my haircut is easy. Maybe if you want the hitler youth that's been the trend it makes sense

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
me - my wife started cutting my hair in quarantine so i invested in some nice clippers

never going back

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
I've been shaving my head since summer 2019. My hair grows really fast and I like to keep it very short anyway. Also my stylist had a baby and cut back her hours quite a bit, so it was just easier to shave it. I really like how I look with a shaved head, so it works out. It's one less mundane task to worry about during the pandemic too.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Nah. Haven't gotten my hair cut all pandemic. Once vaccine distribution and administration are far enough along that things are safe again I'll go back.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
For very short hair it's fine to do yourself but any longer than that it starts to get really tricky

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I used to get a professional, $70 cut every 3 weeks. Last cut was first week of March. My dude is running a salon out of his home and is super safe but... I'm having too much fun with my snape/kylo ren hair :)

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I have very thick wavy hair so if I want anything other than a buzz cut I need a professional haircut.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
Wife tried to cut my hair in March/April, it did NOT go well... so shaved it to almost bald. Loved that feel all summer so bought some blades for clippers we already had for pets, and now I am gonna keep it this way.

Will never see a barber again! And that is after going to same barber for 20+ years. I have to go say bye to the guy at some point lol.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, my job requires me to mantain the respect of my patients, my peers and myself.

I looked like fucking oldboy while working from Home tho.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I pretty much am. When I went to the barbers I basically only ever got my head shaved and my beard to flat or 5 o'clock shadow anyway. It's been simple to do at home during isolation and barely takes half an hour

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I pay 50 dollars for my haircut and it's worth it.

Imo the self head shave is the sweat pants of hair cuts. But you do you.