• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins

• Sub-Zero

Votes: 310 55.0%
  • Elsa

Votes: 254 45.0%

• Total voters

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My friend and I had this debate. He really likes Elsa and I'm a big MK fan so I like Sub-Zero, we had quite the debate over who would win if the two were in a fight. That's an interesting question.

Elsa I believe is more powerful with her ice powers than Sub-Zero. So in terms of raw power, she has the advantage.

But Sub-Zero is the better hand-to-hand fighter, if he gets in close, Elsa has no chance.

(By the way, don't get too heated about this, this is just for fun)

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sub-Zero if only for his ninja ability. I can't see Elsa doing well in hand to hand combat.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
HeartySleepyLadybug-max-1mb.gif

HI6O.gif

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be Subby.

Elsa has way more power in terms of cryomancy, but he's got decades of combat experience, hand to hand training and would be fighting the element he knows best.

He gets in close and it's gg.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Can't Elsa control ice? Putting her up against, essentially, a snowman doesn't seem exactly fair.

"Fight!" and then Elsa points at Sub-Zero and he collapses into a ball-like shape. Fatality.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, a legendary ninja warrior or a little kid that tries to sing people to death with corny songs? Wow, that's a tough one.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I went with Elsa. I don't remember much of Frozen but couldn't she command entire ice storms and the like? Like make entire regions iced?

Seems like even a ninja would have a hard time dealing with that.

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Elsa is stronger and I think faster? but has next to no combat experience. Sub-Zero on the other hand has plenty and has teleportation on too of it. Plus his ice should be way cooler(freezing people in seconds goes beyond absolute zero.)

What really seals it for him though is Elsa's durability. She was in danger from two guys with crossbows iirc. Just one hit from Sub is all he'll need, which would be easy to get.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Elsa would mercilessly tear his skull open and devour his brains. While carrying a tune.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
fyi Ascended Elsa has the power to summon the earth, fire, water, and wind spirits as well. She's the Avatar.

VentusGallius

Oct 25, 2017
I mean elsa can literally control weather and create sentient life. I dunno how that would fare in a 1 on 1 mortal kombat but its a pretty insane skill set on its own.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
would elsa really kill somebody. cuz subzero's coming for that spine one way or another.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Replace Elsa with the cyborg that Sub-Zero rips in half and that's how this fight goes:

88C-iG1oYVNS6LcwzzKrTaelwLpPugtPJ0ghuZ3WXiwwNMcnmsM7Bg2VBoGtFXeXh8bVVwlsH7wq=s0

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't Elsa control ice? Putting her up against, essentially, a snowman doesn't seem exactly fair.

Sub-Zero belongs to a race known as "cryomancers." They control the element of ice. They can form it, shape it, manipulate it, in any way they want. As a cryomancer, he could actually become an elemental elder god if he wanted (like raiden is for thunder or fujin is for wind) but doesn't because he wants to reform the lin keui into earth's protectors.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Sub-Zero belongs to a race known as "cryomancers." They control the element of ice. They can form it, shape it, manipulate it, in any way they want. As a cryomancer, he could actually become an elemental elder god if he wanted (like raiden is for thunder or fujin is for wind) but doesn't because he wants to reform the lin keui into earth's protectors.
That's the exact power Elsa has, though. Elsa is the Dr. Manhattan of cryomancers.

I figure her innate powers overrule Sub-Zero's. But maybe that's just because I don't like Mortal Kombat.

VentusGallius

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say the biggest edge Sub Zero has is he actually knows how to fight, and has fought gods. Assuming their command of magic similar.

Elsa hasn't fought anyone on her power level as of yet, she's like a lone god walking that world.

I haven't followed the comics but the games don't make sub zero seem all that strong. In all the bad timelines he still gets killed or turned into a robot.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Elsa is the Dr. Manhattan of cryomancers.

And sub-zero is the greatest grandmaster ever in a line of cryomancers whose feats include defeating elder gods. Over the course of the series, many other supposed "greatest of all times" or literal gods face sub-zero and he whoops their ass every single time.

Talking about Kuai Lang here, specifically.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In all the bad timelines he still gets killed or turned into a robot.

Kuai lang is never killed in the series. The sub-zero who was killed was his brother, bi han, who was the previous "greatest sub-zero," who defeated shinnok and defended earth realm. They have a fight to see who is worthy of the title and Kuai Lang demolishes him, even when bi han is super charged with the power of quan chi and shang tsung (and the hundreds of thousands of souls shang tsung consumed) combined.

Kuai Lang is kidnapped, turned into a cyborg, and then breaks free and extracts revenge over the entire sect of his clan that did that to him.

Kuai Lang can also shape shift into other creatures, like penguins or polar bears. When he's a cyborg, he has the ability to blow up the entire planet.

Oct 29, 2017
Elsa may have more raw power, but at the end of the day Sub-Zero is a ninja that kills for a living. Guys with swords have gotten the best of Elsa more than once.