• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
I've been there twice and I'm not impressed. Went once and got some pancakes that ended up being 8 dollars. Went a second time and had the most bland chicken fried steak ever, didn't even taste like there was salt on it.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
I like the hash brown casserole but trying to get into one for Sunday breakfast is harder than trying to stick your dick in a cheerio

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I ask because I haven't seen a Shoney in like 20 years too. For whatever reason, the name popped into my head.

IIRC, they were struggling for a long time, Mitt Romney's company modified them, and I guess the conclusion is that mac n cheese is hella profitable so it's a breakfast food now.

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
Its like going to a brand name pizza place.

Ok if you have no other options but considering many people live near diners I'd say check there first.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There are better southern food restaurants and I'm pretty sure they have a racist history.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Love Cracker Barrel. But I admit I'm super biased. My dad was best friends with the founder and his brother. The brother especially so. He was a huge Tennessee Vols football fan. He used to have an orange stripped van that he would drive us all in. It was fitted with outside speakers and as we got near the stadium he would turn on Rocky Top and everyone outside would just go crazy. Sounds super cheesy but as a kid I thought it was amazing. I've been to a dozen games thanks to him and we ALWAYS ate at Cracker Barrel. He had some kind of gold Cracker Barrel card that he always used to pay for everyone's food. They were good people. They turned my dad on to investment opportunities and convinced my dad to put his savings into mutual funds. We owe them a lot. Their family is pretty notable around where I live. Their uncle was in the House of Representatives and his name is on so many buildings and places in my hometown. Their grandfather has a Tennessee State Park named after him.

Pro-Tip: Try the Grilled Chicken salad with sourdough croutons. To die for.

Oct 28, 2017
I went to Cracker Barrel a few times in Cleveland. Then I found out a guy shot his girlfriend and their two kids in the gift shop a few years ago.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
I went to Cracker Barrel a few times in Cleveland. Then I found out a guy shot his girlfriend and their two kids in the gift shop a few years ago.

i was at a barcade on Friday night here in Columbus, OH and this happened a couple dozen feet away.

Ohio.

From everything I know, their anti-LGBT stuff isn't as systematic as a place like Chic-fil-a or Hobby Lobby, but yeah, they have a poor track record.

yeah, i think you'd really have to go out of your way to be as bad as those two

May 31, 2018
Well,
When I was young I loved it. We'd always gather there with all of my family. The country setting as well as having everyone around was just so warm.

Fast-forward to my 30s, and it's underwhelming. The portions are hilariously small. I can get the same thing at Golden Corral and all I want of it as well. Last time I went to Cracker Barrel I ordered the pot roast. It looked like they decided how much would fit in an ice cream scooper then put it on the plate.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Couple thing.
Ive only ordered breakfast food from them.
Always have to wait, sometimes a line around the building.
The hashbrown casserole and peacan pancakes are good.
The gift shop is neat.
I haven't been in years.

lunchtoast

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes for a late breakfast. Not very expensive. Usually just get a sampler that comes with several different items.

OP
OP
Oct 30, 2017
Mamas French Toast with eggs and bacon is like under $10. Damn good deal. Though I don't like anything lunch or dinner there.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
My southern-ass grandma refuses to eat at any restaurant that isn't Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel. She just likes "southern" food. She cooks way better than the food at both places. It used to be so frustrating because when we would go on family vacations as a kid, we would pretty much have to stop at Cracker Barrel and ONLY Cracker Barrel because of her lmao
Ugh, this was us growing up. If there was a Cracker Barrel anywhere near us around meal time, my parents would stop there. I think it's one of the reasons I grew to hating the place. (Although as a kid, all the tons of candy and toys was fun.)