• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you getting the game? First time playing or replaying?

• Yes, but I already beat the game before.

Votes: 463 29.8%
  • Yes, but I didn’t get to finish the game in previous versions.

Votes: 417 26.9%
  • Yes, but this will be my first time experiencing the game.

Votes: 345 22.2%
  • No, I’ve completed the game before. I have no desire to replay it.

Votes: 130 8.4%
  • No, I don’t care to play it at all.

Votes: 197 12.7%

• Total voters

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
I played through and beat the original Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii in 2014. I also got the New 3DS version for the portability factor.

I will be triple dipping for the Definitive Edition.

What about you Era?

themadswagger

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I loved 3D, but can't see myself playing the remake.

It can't be called the Definitive Edition if it has animu characters.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I bought Xenoblade on Wii back in 2012 because of the limited supply. Never opened it.

I almost got the 3DS version but hesitated. Really thankful I did, Switch version will be my first proper experience and I didn't have to triple dip and portability is a plus. That said I don't know if I'll get it day 1.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
I'm going to buy it. It will be my first time playing it, though. I was eager to buy XC1 on 3DS, but decided to buy other games instead. Good for me, I guess.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
On the fence. I would've preferred something new, but this is fine. Bigger problem is 2020 is fucking PACKED.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I tried the 3DS version because they told me it was a great game. I think i misunderstood them because it was one of the worst games i've ever played, so i was even let down that the final announcement of a Direct is a remake of such an awful game.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Probably a little early for this given it only has a vague 2020 release date and we don't know the extent of cut content being restored?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm on the fence and it will mostly depend on whether or not they will fix the sidequest bloat there is in this game. I had no incentive to explore because I checked out immediately over this stuff, felt like I was clocking in to work.

My other wishes are getting rid of the yellow and red tag system that prevents me to fight stronger monsters artificially. And make Sharla viable

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I'd still have preferred getting a Xenoblade Chronicles X remake because that game is completely unplayable to me with how small the font is. It's 100 times worse than Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Played it for a few hours... it didn't click.
Played X for a few hours... it didn't click.
Played 2 for a few hours... fell in love! Played for 500 hours.

Finally aboard the Xeno Express, looking forward to revisiting this and trying X again after.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1. I absolutely love Xenoblade. Loved it on Wii. Loved it on n3DS (though never finished that version), and I know I'll love this one too.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I just don't have the time to play through a 100 hour RPG a second time, not anymore. It looks great though.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't beat it on 3DS, wasn't enjoying the gameplay and didn't really like how it looked.

Expecting that with the knowledge from Xeno 2 it will feel better to play this time, and it will look better for sure.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Heck yeah I think. I mean it's one of my favourite games ever but we've only seen like 40 seconds of it and who knows when it'll release and what else there is that month.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I already have the Wii and 3DS versions, and I haven't finished either of them but I've made it what I *think* is a decent chunk of the way into the 3DS version and I don't know if I want to triple dip or not. It seems silly to start over a third time, but on the other hand I want to play it on my TV again.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure. Didn't like Xeno 1 at all the first few times I tried it but I enjoyed Xeno 2 so may give it another go.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have the desire to beat it again in this pretty version but I really have no time to replay a 100 hour game.

Mandikiri

Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Boston, MA.
I am still debating. I'll have to see more gameplay of this version to decide. XC1 while an amazing game, is my least liked of the three.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Put 300 hours even into the original across two saves, and I'm not sure how much I'll play of the remaster, but I'm sure as hell picking it up. It's objectively the JRPG of last generation and I just know Monolithsoft is going to add in QoL and replay improvements and it's gonna own so I'm getting it.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
I will buy it because I never played it before. Perfect situation.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Day 1, the original Wii game is one of my favorite games ever and this remake seems to be a good graphical upgrade.

I hope they change lots of things though: change the sidequests, make the combat slightly more complex, add more voiced lines...

Even if it's only a graphical update, remaking an amazing game is not going to break it, but I think the game has the potential to be even better with a few changes.

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
As I'm getting older time seems to flow differently compared to how it used to so Xenoblade is still "new" in my mind despite buying and finishing it back when it released on the Wii.
For that reason I'm not that invested in buying it again right now but we'll see when it comes out.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck that, I'm not replaying 100 hour RPGs.

Also I'm not really into the redesigns.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I just beat the original a few months ago for the first time, so I don't think so... I wish I just waited, honestly.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I've become a Xeno fan with 2, and I'm fully onboard on this because of the artstyle changes.

I had a Wii and a WiiU but I just couldn't stand how ass the characters looked.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed the game on Wii, but I don't have a strong desire to replay it.

If I could somehow carry over my save from the Wii version so I could do the NG+ stuff that I never did as well as experience the new additions that'd be more appealing, but obviously that isn't going to happen and I don't really want to play through NG again.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
It's an instant day 1 buy for me. I am interested to see how much is changed beyond the graphics. The combat system is the biggest thing. Xenoblade 2 and Torna were really streamlined to make them feel more intuitive. I'm hoping they just make it feel better to play

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got and beat on Wii

Got and didn't beat on 3DS

Will buy day one on Switch.

I've been wanting to go back since beating 2.

Pleasant!

Nov 1, 2017
Played Xenoblade 2 on switch and enjoyed it. Looking forward to playing this one for the first time. Glad I held out from emulating or New 3ds'ing it.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I won't buy it. I've put 60 hours in the game until someone broke into my house and steal my Wii and my games back in the day. And I don't have time to put money and time to replay it :(

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I own Xenoblade for Wii but I couldn't get past how ugly the game was, the definitive edition looks to fix that so I will check it out.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else hate it when the poll asks a different question than the thread title?

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanna try it, but i despised how MMO and unsatisfying XCXs foot combat was so

Give me Skells back :(

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Yeah. I really enjoyed the first one but I never finished it, so I'm really excited to jump back into a straight up remake. I'm absolutely stoked to see the likes of the Satorl Marsh and Valak Mountain in glorious HD.

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I'll get it but it's definitely tempting. Game made me softmod my Wii when it started throwing disc errors at me (probably because it was one of the few dual layer games on the system). Not long after I grabbed the disc, the drive stopped working altogether.
My new game + was on Wii U, where I bought the digital re-release which worked with Gamepad buttons. A brilliant way to play it and this one will no doubt be much better still.