• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fate of physical video games

• I will save them (PS5)

Votes: 256 69.6%
  • I will kill them (PS5 Digital)

Votes: 112 30.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I'll go with the disc drive, but I'm really wondering how much it's going to be. COVID-19 has really screwed me over work-wise, and I'm not sure how long it will take for me to recover financially. Hopefully, it's sub $599.

civet

Jul 6, 2019
France
Digital could be interesting but no discs means you can't hope to find cheap disc games wherever you're looking for it or happen to fall on a game you've been fancying. The very regular digital sales can make up for it but going discless gives you less options.

Also you can't lend a finished game to a friend if you want to.

I really wish digital retailers would come up with the option to let a friend borrow your digital games.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I don't like physical media. I'll go with the digital option, save a few bucks and get the better looking console.

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
for the last two years i've only bought digital and i loved game sharing on multiple ps4's, so digital for me

Status
Not open for further replies.