• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well what is it baby

• Twin Peaks

Votes: 61 9.7%
  • Dexter

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • The Sopranos

Votes: 102 16.3%
  • Lost

Votes: 48 7.7%
  • Breaking Bad

Votes: 176 28.1%
  • Game of Thrones

Votes: 24 3.8%
  • The Wire

Votes: 212 33.8%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Martinski

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
People clown on dexter but once it was a pretty good show and it still has a lot of fans out there outside this forum so maybe that's why it's a strange pick on era.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I will forgive the absence of Better Call Saul since it hasn't actually ended yet. ..but I think I'd put it over Breaking Bad at this point.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
why would you list dexter or GoT

People clown on dexter but once it was a pretty good show and it still has a lot of fans out there outside this forum so maybe that's why it's a strange pick on era.

Unfortunately the bad seasons poison the good ones for me :(. Maybe the re-boot with the old show runner will be good.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
tenor.gif

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I go with the Wire for sure. Fleabag is a contender, even with just two seasons. Or maybe that's exactly why, it never had the time to turn to shit. From US shows I would have included Leftovers, Oz and Boardwalk Empire on the poll to replace some of them (Lost, Dexter and GOT).

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
There were clearly bad episodes of Twin Peaks, but every episode of Breaking Bad was supplemental to the whole.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I was firm on it being The Wire, but having recently watched The Sopranos in it's entirety for the first time and rewatching Deadwood over the last few weeks I'm much less sure.

🐐: The Wire, Sopranos, Deadwood, Rome (season 1), Band of Brothers, Mr Robot.

I'd pick a different one on a different day so hard to pick just one 🤷‍♂️

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
The Sopranos was extraordinary in so many ways; it has to take the title.

The Wire is probably my personal favorite though. Lost and Breaking Bad are in the conversation for sure. Game of Thrones had a great case before the final season. Twin Peaks is legendary, but most of the second season in the original run is incredibly uneven, and honestly, a major drag. Mad Men should be considered before Dexter in my opinion.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Its Mad Men.

Also wtf @ putting Dexter on the list but not Mad Men. Just wtf.

It was an entertaining show in its first few seasons but it was very shlocky and hokey. Like a big budget soap opera. You might as well put Sons of Anarchy on the list.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I like mob movies, but I dunno if I'd like The Sopranos or not. I dropped Gomorrah near the end of the season one because it's so dark and everyone is absolutely evil. I couldn't root for anyone. Would I have a similar issue with The Sopranos?

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018

Why would you put "a pretty good show" on this list?

Your words, not mine.

My words would be "a pretty good show for 3 seasons (in total, not in order...), and pure trash for 5 years.

Dexter season 8 is the worst piece of crap I watched every single minute of. Funny memes, though. Very funny.

I want some gifs!

Oct 25, 2017
I like mob movies, but I dunno if I'd like The Sopranos or not. I dropped Gomorrah near the end of the season one because it's so dark and everyone is absolutely evil. I couldn't root for anyone. Would I have a similar issue with The Sopranos?

Sopranos is much lighter than Gomorrah. There's a lot of comedic aspects to the show. Gomorrah is extremely harsh compared to other mob tv shows. Sopranos strength is much more in the writing and how you see their worst and best play out. Gomorrah has a solid story but definitely plays more on the game of the it all

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
It's Mad Men for me. Better Call Saul is up there as well.

Personal faves would also be Friday Night Lights, Black Mirror, 30 Rock, and Bojack Horseman. From the one season I've seen, I really like Halt and Catch Fire. I could see it being an all-time great once I finish.

Edit: I forgot about Deadwood too. Need to go and watch the movie still though.

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020

The Sopranos was tough for me to get through the first time for that reason. Hard to root for anyone. It's worth it though. Never watched Gomorrah so I can't compare.

Oct 27, 2017
The Sopranos, it's dark, it's funny and it handles so many themes during the six seasons. I mean Sopranos is legit one of the funniest shows made.

Oct 25, 2017
Breaking Bad polling better than the Sopranos and so close to the Wire is just bananas to me. Sopranos absolutely destroys Breaking Bad in writing and character development

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's LOST. 10 years later and no show has come close to filling the void it left behind. It was a once in a lifetime kind of show.