• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Console Looks the Best?

• PS5

Votes: 182 8.4%
  • PS5 Digitial Edition

Votes: 701 32.2%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 914 41.9%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 382 17.5%

• Total voters

NickatNite

Oct 27, 2017
California
The PS5, it's got a mid-century futuristic aka Retrofurism aesthetic to it.

motorola-2-1000x636.jpg

Charles-Schridde-motorola-advers-1960s-20.jpg

Last edited:

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox vote is gonna be split. But between the two PS5 versions, it's clear the symmetrical DE is better looking.

Overall though, I think the XSS is the best looking though. I'd buy one on release day if it were black.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was an option to vote that they're all ugly, because they are. Series X is just a boring block. The Series S is sleek if you ignore the giant circle. Both PS5s make me think of my modem/router. It's a bit too over the top with its design.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
I like the series s for the form factor but that black grille is ugly.

The series x has a nice design but a pretty weird form factor that might not work with some setups

Ps5 is just ugly

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really dislike them all. The PS5 is from the same ilk as real gamer™ PC cases and while you could at least say that XSX is going for monolith vibes circa Space Oddysey the holes on top just ruin it.

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
PS5 DE, refreshing risk in design. Gives me those early Alien Ware "gamer" pc case vibes lol. XSX is also really cool, industrial sleek design. PS5 disc looks bloated and tacked together, and Series S looks like an aftermarket sub woofer I would install under the seat of my car.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Series X vertical
Series S horizontal

PS5 is an abomination
(it better be quiet and not sound like a fucking jet engine)

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
PS5 is seriously one of the ugliest designs I have ever seen in consoles lol.

It is like the manifestation of the knockoff futurism books I read when I was a kid that were first published in the 60's, which was just gaudy, shitty design all over the place that used shapes and curves to try and look "sleek and futuristic."

Utter trash.

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
The more you see the ps5, the cheaper it looks. Think Sony really missed the mark with their design this time.

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
This election is rigged because the pictures you show are all vertical, the series x looks fugly as hell horizontal while the PS5 disc version actually looks pretty good.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Both PS5s are the worst, to the point of something I'd be ashamed to display in my living room.
The Series S is also bad. The black grill doesn't work for me at all, it doesn't go with the form at all.
The Series X... I'd be honest that I liked the design initially, but I like it less and less the more I see it. Still the best of the bunch by far.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Sticking with Series X. I like how tiny the Series S is but I don't love how much it looks like a One S and I don't like the black vent on it.

I will be hiding my PS5 behind my TV.

mikel202

Jun 22, 2020
The PS5 is huge and looks weird I don't think it will fit anywhere in my living room or in most people's living room unless you happen to have some matching decor. Series X is also big but it's less conspicuous. Series S I like the most very compact and I think it will fit in most places.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Series S > Series X > PS5 (both).

I really disliked the PS5 design, I prefer a more traditional console design like the Series S.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I like the series s design.

I'm neutral to the series x

I don't like the design of the ps5's

I'm buying a ps5 first though....so the design of the system is not really important to me

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
The digitals - Series S followed by PS5d.

Series X is a dismal budget PC mini tower that is significantly less attractive than the One X it replaces.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe the Series S isn't winning. It looks great, and I don't have to re-arrange my entire entertainment center to find a place to put it.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
That PS5 teardown better show some authentic technological beauty inside. Because I learned from beauty and the beast that beauty is found within.

The fan mockups of the PS5 with specific games themes are the most beautiful, but they're not gonna happen. No, we're getting the plain white at launch. It would be great if there was a black or charcoal version. Heck I'd accept the playstation blue accents instead of white.

I'm getting myself a nice airbrush kit, and learn to use it....
513259474_13195159_wide-360d295b5726058b589b84b5d341f077b1cde4a7.jpg

Right

Nov 24, 2017
PS5DE >>> PS5 > XSS >>> XSX
Might put XSS above PS5 if it had a different color scheme, the size is simply impressive, the color scheme is hideous though.
XSX is just a vertical airflow case.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Series X

PS5 Digital

PS5

Series S

I just like the simplicity of the design and the optical illusion on the top vent on the Series X. PS5 is close, but a bit too futuristic for my liking intially, but It'll probably grow on me over time. S with the Black contrasting speaker on the top is not doing it for me at all. Albeit you'll barely see it in horizontal mode but still.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
I would have picked the Series S but that black circle at the top is just... ugly. The PS5 and Series X both are fairly ugly machines as well.

The DE wins both by default, and because the symmetry of the console while standing is really impressive.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely adore the series S design. It's practical without being boring. It's the best design Microsoft has ever done in my book by far. It's cute!
I really don't like the series X, it's so boring.
Playstation is the most out there and it grew on me but now I have to see it in person. I got to say the dual sense is a piece of art though, loved that ever since the reveal

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 looks good to me, but is tarnished by the bulge.
PS5 DE has symmetry going for it, it's sleek, elegant and the definite front runner.
Series X is clean and modern-looking, but extremely plain and uninspired.
Series S is slick, but tarnished by the black circle that should have been white.

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 looks like shit. Neither Xbox is especially pretty but both are less awful than what Sony cooked up

Thagirion

Dec 6, 2018
Ps5 phat is hideous
Ps5 De is less bad

Xbox series X is better than Ps5 just because they went for a total neutral and is not a insult to your eyes

series s is the most ok, put below the tv you will see only a white rectangle

gotta pick X and Ps5 De anyway