• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sawzer

Nov 5, 2017
At first i did not believed but since nothing has happened to this moment i have a feeling that we indeed have to wait until TGA

Aug 26, 2019
Slightly OT, but I watched Joker and I am definitely ready for more content in the Batman universe. So a game announcement sometime soon couldn't be any more timely

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
So maybe World's Finest? Titans? Trinity? Rocksteady won't announce anything until at least TGA 2020 I believe.

People think its SQ, Rocksteady has been hiring a few weapon artist recently.

Also shinobi602 said this:
www.resetera.com

WB Montreal teasing the next Batman game - Capture The Knight

Bruce assuming it's not a sequel to Knight.

And he has teased stuff before:
D8PTAG_UwAAt3NB.jpg:large

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
It is pretty baffling to tease your game like an announcement is imminent and then go radio silent again. They just gave their entire fanbase blue balls.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
That's just dumb. Like, would you call Doom Eternal compromised ?
Doom Eternal isnt an open world game.

I love my Switch as much as the next guy but you arent getting games like Read Dead on there because of the obvious technical limitations.

No, it doesnt really mean that at all.
Yes it does. The switch is very techically limited. Games like Doom are fine. The Witcher is years and years old. We are at a different point now with games like Cyberpunk, Last of Us, Read Dead Redemption 2. There is more going on in these games beyond their graphics.

Last edited:

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
According to Marcus Sellars (idk who this guy is but if someone could verify him, that'd be great) the new Batman game will be on Switch.

+ Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered on Switch, Black Ops 4 on Switch, Mother news, Modern Warfare 2019 will have zombies, Modern Warfare 2 Remastered 2018 etc.

He gets maybe ~10% right. Predicting a Batman game in 2020 isn't exactly rocket science at this point but he tends to say everything's coming to Switch then never follows up on it when he's wrong.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Batman event in Fortnite still on? I guess that at the very end of it they could announce a new Batman game.

Yaqza

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Ended last week. They could wait all month at this point.
Weird. After seeing WB teases (and tweets from people involved in the project) I was pretty sure that the announcement is imminent. It's almost two months to The Game Awards, so that wouldn't make much sense. Maybe Game Informer reveal?

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Weird. After seeing WB teases (and tweets from people involved in the project) I was pretty sure that the announcement is imminent. It's almost two months to The Game Awards, so that wouldn't make much sense. Maybe Game Informer reveal?
Eh, I dunno. There was a Game Informer issue revealed literally the day after the tease and the cover story was...Pokemon.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It kinda feels they're doing a CDPR; they just tweeted *beep* and went radiosilent again for months.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It kinda feels they're doing a CDPR; they just tweeted *beep* and went radiosilent again for months.

Which is not what they should be doing. WB Montreal is no CDPR. Far from it. If that's what they were going for, well .... they failed. It's dragging on now. and people are kinda tired of their teasing. How long has it been now? 2 weeks since that tweet (not the capture the knight one)

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
that is not a long time at all

Long enough for us fans who have been waiting for their next game since Origins. Suicide Squad? Canned. Damian Wayne? Canned. By the time this new game comes out, it would have been 7-8 years since Arkham Origins. That's a hell of a long time (and to be fair, they did work on the DLC for Knight) Kinda surprised the studio is still open.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be unwise to do that. CDPR already announced they were working on Cyberpunk and had a trailer, so the vast majority of people knew what they were working on and what to expect from it.

The vast majority of people outside of ResetEra don't know what WB Montreal is working on, so for them to tease like they did and not follow up soon is kind of wack.

Oct 26, 2017
Long enough for us fans who have been waiting for their next game since Origins. Suicide Squad? Canned. Damian Wayne? Canned. By the time this new game comes out, it would have been 7-8 years since Arkham Origins. That's a hell of a long time (and to be fair, they did work on the DLC for Knight) Kinda surprised the studio is still open.

Why are you surprised that the studio is still open?

The canadian government gives extensive tax cuts for publishers as long as they create jobs in the country.
That's why the biggest game developers are based in Canada.

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Since this place is dead, might as well liven it up abit. WB doesn't seem to be doing anything so why the heck not.

Official footage of Montreal teasing their new game and then going dark just for laughs.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Partially thanks to this and other threads, I started Origins for the first time at the weekend and it's pretty good so far, if slightly messy in parts

Hard to remember how it compares to other Arkham games, but wish there were more opportunities for stealth while moving through levels, seems to force you into fairly standard brawls most the time (even when the story suggests that you should be sneaking)

Going back to travelling around without the batmobile is a bit of drag though, sure the tank stuff was a bit much by the end of AK but having to glide everywhere isn't as fun as summoning the car and plowing through the streets. Something like the batpod might be a cool compromise for a future game

CatharticDab

Aug 25, 2019
What are the odds they just drop it online in the next week? (I really need more Arkham, this teaser has put me in withdrawal)

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
What are the odds they just drop it online in the next week? (I really need more Arkham, this teaser has put me in withdrawal)
Odds are about the same for any day now.

The teaser was definitely ill placed. If they knew people were going to wait 2+weeks afterwards for a proper reveal, they should've done some sort of drip tease. The way they did it and just going absolutely radio silent is just.... not smart.

I'm aware of his reputation now. It's amazing how he can be so wrong and lie about those things but still keep going like they never happened.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm aware of his reputation now. It's amazing how he can be so wrong and lie about those things but still keep going like they never happened.

For the same reason why other people with big followings can do whatever they want. Once you get your fanboys they will stick no matter how many times you are wrong.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. I mean, we all know it's Batman so it's no surprise. Something has to give pretty soon.
Its only a matter of time before it gets leaked. They have playtests today and tomorrow at WBM. Longer they keep waiting, the higher that chance gets.
For the same reason why other people with big followings can do whatever they want. Once you get your fanboys they will stick no matter how many times you are wrong.
That's true. Reminds me of another famous (infamous?) person right now.

OP
OP
est1992

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Let the leaks come then. Hopefully one of those playtesters somehow gets a sneaky photo or a video. This shit needs to leak.
I wouldn't say it NEEDS to leak. But there's a very high chance of it happening.

WB Montreal definitely NEEDS to show it off though. Lot of people outside of ResetEra getting impatient.