• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One of the things about TO... one of the best wide receivers to ever play the game. Unfortunately, he has a tendency to run his mouth and it was led to him being kicked off three teams.

and it seems he can't let his feud with Donovan McNabb go as he takes pot shots at him whenever he can.

It's sad. If that Eagles team had put that behind them, they could've gone back to the Super Bowl the following year. Who knows?

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
sDbrXrIxhjbFMRNocEyi57ecVUT0kv5fdyHRyPiS65jRYecqXkjNqof5e86Qufr2Q9ejNrzo7VDn2VVK9iQboP23ubB3WWupUclYVg

I know he just came out and said he knows that McNabb was partying the night before the Super Bowl.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I always liked him but I also never had him on my team so I don't know how much of a locker cancer he really was. He would have been perfect in this social media age and maybe the goat because I think he still had a few more years left him in.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At the time he was the absolute defining example of a team cancer, and introduced that concept to me. I haven't kept any of that stuff in my mind though so it might not be the truth anymore. I remember being impressed at coming back from that injury as an Eagle.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
I distinctly remember him getting interviewed while doing sit-ups on his driveway.

Oct 25, 2017
This isnt thread whining, far from it, more curiosity than anything else, but is it possible to see how many threads someone has started, because fuck me, you've got to be up in the top 5 at least. 😂

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Huge fan. The attitude and the swagger that he played with made him a tremendous amount of fun to watch.

He also appears to be a decent guy off the field when it comes to charity work.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Top 5 WR for sure. I believe everything he says about McNabb tbh, dude seemed fucking dumb. Owens could probably still play in the NFL today.

Oct 27, 2017
Is this thread in response to his quote today where he said that McNabb puked in the huddle?
Edit: fixed the qb

Last edited:

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Incredibly gifted wide receiver who got too caught up in his own shenanigans.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
One of the things about TO... one of the best wide receivers to ever play the game. Unfortunately, he has a tendency to run his mouth and it was led to him being kicked off three teams.

and it seems he can't let his feud with Donovan McNabb go as he takes pot shots at him whenever he can.

It's sad. If that Eagles team had put that behind them, they could've gone back to the Super Bowl the following year. Who knows?
You follow his Twitter too lol.

His obsession with the feud is insane.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017

Feel pretty much the same. He was undeniably a jackass, but the effort he put in during that Super Bowl run you can't help but respect it.

I think receivers are just like the drummers of the sports world. Talent and crazy comes in equal parts.

May 10, 2018
One of the best ever. May not have had the greatest attitude but he played hard all the time and he had no off the field issues at all so it was BS what the HOF pulled with him just because he isn't the most likable guy.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Amazingly talented WR who was a slight headcase. I loved him on the Eagles. McNabb was a clown so I understand why T.O. feels the way he does about that Superbowl loss.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I always confuse him with that dude that put hands on his wife who was a reality star. Who am I thinking about?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Amazing talent, most physically gifted WR of all time, but got in is own way at every step.

Such wasted potential. Should have broken every record in the book.

Dude was a physical specimen. Like the most toned athlete ever.
Genetic monster.

Dude JUST raced Tyreke Hill and was only a step behind him. Insane.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Loved watching him play. I have him as the third best receiver ever only behind Rice and Moss.

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
TO is a Top 5 WR all time easily for me. Up there with Rice and Moss without a doubt.

He was a cancer for sure, but the NFL had a TON of divas at that time. Gotta go off skill and stats at the end of the day and he's one of the best

I say this as a Packer fan too 🤬 ill never forget that game in SF

OP
OP
Uzumaki Goku

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
TO is a Top 5 WR all time easily for me. Up there with Rice and Moss without a doubt.

He was a cancer for sure, but the NFL had a TON of divas at that time. Gotta go off skill and stats at the end of the day and he's one of the best

I say this as a Packer fan too 🤬 ill never forget that game in SF

you mean the one where Jerry Rice clearly fumbled?

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Second best WR I've ever seen. He wasn't as terrifying as Moss downfield, but he was a lot more versatile. Seemed like a shitty dude, though.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eh, I'm 'whatever' on him. I will say having him and Chad Johnson on the same team was much more calm than many of us in Cincy originally thought it would be. He's a great receiver that got in his own way too much.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As a Niners fan I loved him and wished the best for him no matter where he went.

His career should've been much much more than it was. Dude crushed by his own ego. Sad that he's still taking shots at McNabb

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The sports world simply wasn't ready for him. TO in his prime with 2020's social media would be everything that JuJu is trying to force right now.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TO, Ocho Cinco, ODB, Antonio Brown. for some reason the WR position draws in some... difficult personalities.

Ryhian

Jan 23, 2018
I loved him. He was exciting to watch and pretty dang gifted. Not sure I would have wanted him on my team though. Always enjoyed the TD celebrations and even off field antics of both TO and Ocho Cinco.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
The first jersey I ever owned was his. Got it for Christmas when he was with the Bills. Got to be at the Bills-Falcons game where he crossed 1000 career catches.

He was incredible. One of the few that could run his mouth, and his play actually backed it up. I'm thankful for the year he spent with the Bills, even if it was a waste of his talent being a part of those terrible years.

J2C

Oct 26, 2017
Think his Eagle years he hit another level. Thought he was soft earlier in his career, but had an amazing superbowl performance. Mcnabb really shit the bed unfortunately

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Dude played in the super bowl with like a broken leg/torn ligament and still went off.

That season with mcnabb and the Eagles was special and I'll always treasure the memories of that year.

Unbelievable size/speed and was impossible to bring down in the open field. YAC machine.

That clutch catch against the Packers would be the best part of most people's careers and that was just the start for him.

LeBron tier of athlete where he makes you believe he could still contribute in the league if he played now.

Special talent simply ahead of his time in every way.

Last edited:

manzoman96

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's 2020 and the TO - McNabb beef is still as fresh as ever. I'm glad the Philly fanbase has started to warm back up to him. We should've just paid the man, he balled out in the super bowl with screws in his leg.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
TO along with Moss and Rice were the only receivers I believed could turn a team into legitimate Super Bowl contenders. TO was a freak of nature. But his accomplishments always got overlooked in favor of his diva attitude and the fact that he dropped a lot more passes than the other Hall of Fame receivers. Eagles should have just paid him though.

Last edited:

bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
As a niners fan I'm bias and he's top 3, him and Moss are interchangeable at the 2 spot.