• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully sooner rather than later. I would love an X-Men game that revolves around Storm.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's going to be a while in terms of getting a game that is female led without being an ensemble cast just because the media arms of DC/Marvel are heavily focused on ensemble movies right now. I feel like one of the draws of superheroes as playable characters is that there are so many of them...and that fits into Marvel and DC's merchandising where they can sell a hundred different heroes to different people.

If WB had been developing a Wonder Woman game that would be the no-brainer answer, but it feels like something they wouldn't greenlight right now after how the last movie in the franchise fared.

If we're just talking non-ensemble female superhero, my guess would be a Spider-Gwen (ghost-spider) standalone similar to how they did the Miles Morales game. I could also see a Harley Quinn game being a thing (but that's more anti-hero?). A Captain Marvel game would work and be awesome, but I don't know who would be willing to make that game.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I think they should have made a Gotham sirens game than a suicide one for example. Ivy, harley and catwoman would have been amazing cast. A Jane Thor game would be pretty good too. One of my favorite storyline. I think combined with both history of marvel and DC bring pretty bad with representation and video games being pretty bad as well makes for bad combination they need to fix. Like it took until captain marvel to have a female led marvel film. 19 films on. DC probably even worse given how long they've been around.

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
I'd play the hell out of a Harley Quinn game, so long as it was allowed to play fast & loose with Bat-continuity like the animated series does. Harley's always at her best when the story is allowed to revolve around her, rather than needing to put the toys back in the box for Batman to play with later.

Art__Thief

Jun 1, 2021
Spider-Gwen : Ghost-Spider after Spider-Man 2.
Please Insomniac.
I mean, in the comics she doesn't have any powers and uses a symbiot so it could probably happen.
tumblr_ppliwsDQE71rpapwu_540.png

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Aside from WW, I feel Jessica Jones would make for a great, more grounded candidate in an detective action adventure title with her namesake.

psionotic

May 29, 2019
I know this isn't what the OP is looking for, but when that Firaxis game comes out, my F! Hunter is definitely going to team up with Majik and Nico Minoru to make a three piece magical Marvel wrecking crew.

darksider321

Dec 8, 2020
I hope it happens soon. There's a LOT to pick from and some of my favorites to see would be Domino, Gwenpool, or She-Hulk.

--------------

Would it be "An AAA" game or should it be "A AAA". Both seem right but "An AAA" feels weirder to say. Neither here nor there just curious.

I feel An AAA is weirder to say due to how the pronunciation of A is used. A when use separately sounds lik aai when used together with other letters will sound like aah. That's prob just me.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
Does it have to be based on a comic? If not then Forspoken is pretty much a female led superhero game.

(magic/superpowers - basically the same thing)

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
she-hulk game but it's like phoenix wright ace attorney or that harvey birdman wii game.

madoka magica that is centered around time travel for reasons.

catwoman game that is a series of heists, grading your performance on stealth and technique (how many gadgets/people needed and how much / what you steal).

jessica jones game that is more like la noir where you solve superhero/power-related mysteries.

just trying to think outside the realm of the regular action/punchy stuff since it doesn't really appeal to me. the first three arkham games kinda wore me out on the style and i was done with it in the first hour of the insomniac spider-man game.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're only just entering a golden age of Superhero games, i'm sure female heroes will get their day.

I'd also say Forspoken looks like a sort of superhero story on it's own, and an original one at that.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
There's probably a Wonder Woman game in some stage of development right now, and I imagine a lot of the marketing for Suicide Squad will focus on Harley.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Thought for sure we'd see a Wonder Woman game after the success of the first movie.
Actually, give me a Birds Of Prey game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're only just entering a golden age of Superhero games, i'm sure female heroes will get their day.
I mean, this whole sentence highlights the problem lol. Why do we have to 'wait' for them to get their day?

Why did Wonder Woman get a big movie literal decades after Superman and Batman had multiple movies at that point? These are rhetorical questions because I already know the answer but it sucks. Minorities shouldn't have to constantly wait our turn. It's annoying.

Rule of thumb: Don't rely on the AAA space to push boundaries
Honestly, posts like these just come off more condescending than helpful.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I don't know but I hope we will have a Scarlet Witch game, hopefully tied with a game about her son's superhero team.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I mean, this whole sentence highlights the problem lol. Why do we have to 'wait' for them to get their day?

Why did Wonder Woman get a big movie literal decades after Superman and Batman had multiple movies at that point? These are rhetorical questions because I already know the answer but it sucks. Minorities shouldn't have to constantly wait our turn. It's annoying.
I've been thinking about this a lot and unfortunately that the only conclusion I come to is that one has to basically have to yell at the capitalist gods and hope their demands get noticed. That said I feel TV and film are making some decent headway on representation. It's video games that still feel super skittish. Gaming is bigger than ever but developers still don't want to take perceived risks when they're putting out 60-70 dollar products.

SykoTech

Dec 23, 2020
It may not based on a comic book hero, but Forspoken looks like a straight up superhero game and is starring a woman. A black woman at that.

In terms of comic books though, yeah. It'll be Spider-Gwen by Insomniac. I don't see Wonder Woman happening anytime soon since WB can't even get Supes a game. WW shouldn't have to wait until after him, but I feel WB ain't gonna bother.

rntongo

Banned
Jan 6, 2020
AAA wonder woman game. But more of a beatem up style of game. I think that would be a hit.

stryke

Oct 28, 2017
You can make your own in Midnight Suns!

More seriously though, Gwen or Silk can't come soon enough.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just assumed it's up to Insomniac to be the first to give us that, a Spider-Gwen game that is.

darksider321

Dec 8, 2020
It may not based on a comic book hero, but Forspoken looks like a straight up superhero game and is starring a woman. A black woman at that.

In terms of comic books though, yeah. It'll be Spider-Gwen by Insomniac. I don't see Wonder Woman happening anytime soon since WB can't even get Supes a game. WW shouldn't have to wait until after him, but I feel WB ain't gonna bother.

More people are comparing it to being more of an isekai game but your point is still valid.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Ms. Marvel game by Insomniac would be the dream.
Spider-Gwen by Insomniac is inevitable.

Would be wonderful if another team was brave enough to make something else before that though.
Hopefully Insomniac goes all in with the Wolverine game and gives us:

all-new-wolverine-laura-kinney-header.jpg
Given how Insomniac mistreats their women, I don't see them as all that likely. And even then, they would probably screw it up.

Last edited:

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe Pretty Cure will get a big game someday.
Have you seen commercials for Bandai's Cure merchandising? Unlike commercials for the tv series and movies, they never highlight the action at all. Items that in the show are used for big attacks never get showcased like that in the commercials. If they don't even push the action angle of the series, in spite of the tv show marketing itself, there's no way they'd push for an action game.

They only did an action focused Cure game back for the original series when the marketing focus was very different.

Sophistry

Banned
Jun 12, 2021
Ms Marvel is the lead character in Avengers, so play that if you want. Unless you mean a good superhero game :D

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I could also see Sucker Punch returning to Infamous with a female protagonist, but given that Ghost of Tsushima is their Golden Goose they may want to go straight to making a sequel for that instead.