• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
Remember a few months back when we got some cool teases and a trailer?

Sure, we got a serviceable E3 showing but since then absolutely nothing! Supposedly the game is quite big with RPG elements, but so far we only have that fairly linear showing.

Now, considering the names attached I am not too worried. But we're 2 months away from release and the game didn't even get so much as a mention at D23 or Gamescom. Hell, we're 3 months away from TROS, you'd imagine that Disney/EA would fire up those marketing engines.

Supposedly the game's production wrapped up somewhere last/this week, so I can't see a delay happening and especially not considering the aforementioned release window.

What does everyone think? Will the floodgates open soon or is it gonna be hush hush on this one?

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It's in development nearing completion. E3 wasn't that long ago. What exactly are you hoping for, a constant stream of info? There will be a PR campaign. Be patient.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Yeah this game ain't coming out on november. It's Star Wars but it has no marketing, launching near Death Stranding and another EA game... I don't believe it.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They are waiting ep IX's marketing to go on full speed to get some of the hype.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
We're getting a trailer this week though at TGS

Maybe chill a bit

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this game ain't coming out on november. It's Star Wars but it has no marketing, launching near Death Stranding and another EA game... I don't believe it.
The vey fact that it's Star Wars means it's not getting delayed. Especially considering the movie launch few weeks later.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
They're keeping their heads down and polishing the game up, plus I'm sure we'll get inundated with ads soon enough
Me personally, I trust the Respawn team and Stig to deliver us a GOTY contender, and I'm sure it will sell bunches during the holiday season

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Merchandise is up for preorder/already leaking. Then again, The Force Unleashed had a marketing push and got delayed.

OP
OP
Gravemind IV

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
It's in development nearing completion. E3 wasn't that long ago. What exactly are you hoping for, a constant stream of info? There will be a PR campaign. Be patient.

Not necessarily a barrage of info, but something at least. When I went to Gamescom the year Battlefront was released, it was insane how much space it took up and how hard they pushed it.

Therefore it's quite the contrast to see Fallen Order get zip at both Gamescom and D23. Not even a bunch of screenshots or some details regarding the mechanics they alluded to.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I think they're going to be hush hush on this one.

The only notable Star Wars videogame release of 2019...

Apr 21, 2018
A delay might not be the worst thing in the world. EA needs to learn to do it. It's really hurt their releases to send them before they were ready or during bad time periods (ME:3, Anthem, Battlefront, Titanfall 2).

I welcome an EA who is willing to delay for quality.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every time these threads get made a marketing blowout happens not long after...expect one tomorrow!

But nah, it's only early September and they just shadowdropped PvZ and have all of their sports titles (minus Live) to push. They also laid off a few hundred marketing people earlier this year if I recall correctly.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This is like that bizarre Gods and Monsters thread that was worried because we hadn't heard anything since E3. It's crazy how some folks have been conditioned to expect constant exposure to a game.

They don't need to market the game in earnest until like a month out, to drive pre-orders. I'm sure in the couple weeks leading up to launch, it'll be all over the place. It's a Star Wars game, it doesn't really need a hand-holding marketing plan.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping it'll be good, and out before or around ep IX's release. I'm going to get into a SW phase soon, this game will (hopefully) nicely fill the gaming side along with Battlefront 2 which I haven't played through yet.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
It's fine. EA's not doing any heavy marketing, but it's an EA Star Wars title. It's not like they've been good at marketing those games at all this gen. (Not that they don't market the games, but that their marketing seems to backfire quite a bit)

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
People really should walk a day with a marketing team. And ask them why they are not opening the floodgates more then 2 months before the release. You will get some funny responses. :P

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Everything that came out of the last reveal looked extremely boring. I'm assuming the response was fairly tepid across the board, I'm assuming they want to make a bigger splash the next time it is revealed. I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed, but I wouldn't read much into it either.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The slightest amount of time a game doesn't make a peep, ERA gotta ask "what's going on with it".

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
Exactly. And tbh I don't get that. Nowadays we tend to demand a constant stream of info and we want to know exactly what we can expect. If all those publishers would give us that it would be crazy. Good that not all game developers out there are releasing the entire plot and details before the game even launches. I think the gaming industry took a shift in this regard and i don't like that

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm expecting this to be very much like the solo missions in Battlefront II. Kind of ok, but nothing special.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I wonder if the E3 reception may have caused them to retool the presentation a bit. Lean more into the Metroid-y aspects that we heard about from closed door impressions and less linear Uncharted-ness

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Not necessarily a barrage of info, but something at least. When I went to Gamescom the year Battlefront was released, it was insane how much space it took up and how hard they pushed it.

Therefore it's quite the contrast to see Fallen Order get zip at both Gamescom and D23. Not even a bunch of screenshots or some details regarding the mechanics they alluded to.
Battlefront has a bigger audience in EA's mind, mp vs sp game $$$$.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Pure speculation, but...I bet the game isn't that long, and a lot of the length it has comes from Metroidvania-style backtracking, so they don't want to spoil too many of the locations.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wtf is up with these threads about games in normal production. "What happened to Ghosts of Tsushima" "what's up with Fallen Order?"

I don't know, they're just in development with a completely normal press cycle that's gonna ramp up to obnoxious levels as we get closer to release?

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the E3 reception may have caused them to retool the presentation a bit. Lean more into the Metroid-y aspects that we heard about from closed door impressions and less linear Uncharted-ness

E3 reception was extremely positive lol

You should look outside ERA, the press praised the game immensevely and the footage was well received on social media, ERA, as always, is the only anomaly here.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
E3 reception was extremely positive lol

You should look outside ERA, the press praised the game immensevely and the footage was well received on social media, ERA, as always, is the only anomaly here.
Yeah ERA bubble for e3 is sorta incredible lol.

SnugTeam6

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Triple Force Friday is early October. The all-out marketing for Fallen Order, The Mandalorian, and The Rise of Skywalker will all begin then. Chill, y'all. Come two months time you'll be tired of all the ads for the three!

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Everything that came out of the last reveal looked extremely boring. I'm assuming the response was fairly tepid across the board, I'm assuming they want to make a bigger splash the next time it is revealed. I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed, but I wouldn't read much into it either.

It got glowing impressions from press who played it and was nominated at E3 for Game of Show. Basically its probably more fun to play than watch

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it looks great, i love the idea of a somewhat souls inspired starwars game. Great visuals as well