• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is Zipper really?

• Freddy

Votes: 12 2.5%
  • Jason

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Cthulhu

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • David Bowie's new character concept

Votes: 44 9.1%
  • The mealy mouthed old man who stands outside the bodega smoking all day

Votes: 60 12.3%
  • Thor 2 The Dark World

Votes: 203 41.8%
  • The rider of the pale horse, Death

Votes: 112 23.0%

• Total voters

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
source.gif

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait until Bunny day is over and he gets the fuck out of my town. I can't look at him without thinking of Robbie the Rabbit from Silent Hill 3 and he's freaking me the fuck out.

Thronazuug

Mar 30, 2019
It's the Opposite (Nintendo) Universe main characters sneaking into main universe with bunny costumes. In that universe which contains Lorule Kingdom, heroes are selfish and careless and not heroes at all.

Slight Spoilers;
Legend of Zelda--》 Lorule--》 Raviolo--》 Lazy Link who only cares about himself and money. Not brave. Confirmed.

Super Mario Bros. --》 ???--》 Nabbit--》 Lazy Mario who is a thief and somehow immune. Only cares about treasure. Not brave. Theory of mine.

Animal crossing--》 ???--》 Zipper--》I assume lazy villager who only cares about money? Also maybe not brave?Theory of mine.
I dont know much about Animal Crossing but are they(zipper) also magic, lazy, selfish and cowardly?
I assume we will see bunny costume versions of main characters more and more in Nintendo games.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
He's an enviromental nightmare, that's what he (?) is. My island is covered in plastic balloon residue.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Jesus Christ

U all went and mocked are Lord an Savior and now ur goin 2 Heck...

IjcA3l3.jpg

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I think the fact that he nervously breaks character a few times while you chat with him, and the way he breathes a sigh of relief and goes about his day when no one is in sight, paints him as just an exhausted guy trying to make the bunny day holiday fun for everyone. Heck the animals are all super excited and won't stop talking about it. Maybe he's not super good at his "job" but he's trying his best, man!

I love the aspect that it may or may not be a bunny costume in a world where bunny villagers are commonplace.

Rurunaki

Oct 27, 2017
It's Tom Nook. I noticed the bunny was gone when Nook was renovating the Residence Hall from Tent to Building. Dun dun duuuuun

MasterC12TF

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 31, 2020
It's the developers slightly mocking the character identifying/masquerading as an other animal. If they really respected it then it would not have the zipper. I really don't like how they handled this as this game should set an example to children

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017
He may well be the most powerful being in the AC universe.

He teleports in an unnerving fashion. He was on the far right of my island, and then I dashed to the left hand side and he was waiting for me.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the developers slightly mocking the character identifying/masquerading as an other animal. If they really respected it then it would not have the zipper. I really don't like how they handled this as this game should set an example to children
A kid is most likely not going to read into it like that.

MasterC12TF

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 31, 2020
A kid is most likely not going to read into it like that.
I think they see a (humanoid) player wearing an animal suit. At least that is what is implied. A more positive message would be that any person IS what they are. So just remove the zipper

Again, I think you're using your adult brain to read some hidden message behind what is just a fun character.
Besides that, AC is a game absolutely bursting with positivity so this just comes off as nitpicky either way.

I 100% agree, which is why I felt it was 'off'. Maybe it is confirmation bias because of how other studios handled similar delicate subjects and used them as a punchline so to speak. Just thought I'd give my views, but if it's just me then I am happy :)

Last edited:

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they see a (humanoid) player wearing an animal suit. At least that is what is implied. A more positive message would be that any person IS what they are. So just remove the zipper
Again, I think you're using your adult brain to read some hidden message behind what is just a fun character.
Besides that, AC is a game absolutely bursting with positivity so this just comes off as nitpicky either way.