• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Baby Jar Jar up next. What's funnier than an alien minstrel show? A baby alien minstrel show!
latest

She's even force sensitive.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Just them mentioning Thrawn had my head spinning trying to figure out both him and Thrawn survived flying through hyperspace while on a bride with no ceiling or open windows. I basically just assumed they died. I need that explained first before I get an Ezra cameo.
I binged it way after they finished it and ended up liking it. I need a Sabine cameo at some point.

In the show, Ezra tells Sabine that he "can't wait to come home" and she's supposed to go looking for him. I assume she'll also be in the Ahsoka show.

Oct 27, 2017
Despite what folks on Page 1 claimed, "The Mandalorian" is not just about... the mandalorian. The entire premise of the show is about the adventures of Mando and Grogu.

Grogu is a main character. The 2nd most important character in the entire show.

I full expect Mando to do one short arc on his own and then Grogu will re-enter his life mid-season at the latest.
Pretty much. People in this thread need to see how many Lone Wolf and Cub books/movies there are before writing off one of the most visible (and arguably best) icons of Disney-era Star Wars media.

Chorazin

Nov 13, 2017
Lancaster County, PA, USA
For the people thinking time skip: any time skip that would mature Grogu enough to have lots of speaking lines or whatever would turn Mando into a old man on the verge of death. I doubt they are going that route.

I'm thinking it'll be parallel stories with Grogu and Luke, Mando and Bo, and something mid season Force something Mando needs Grogu so they reunite.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Bo-katan is still mad at Mando and will probably spend a good chunk trying to get a real fight out of Mando for the dark Saber
They will probably spend the season getting back their home planet

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
An actual self-contained show similar to season 1 would be great and not a fan service-fest like most of season 2 was.

[Edit] Typing messages is completely broken while using Dolphin browser on Android, Holy fuck.

Last edited:

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Grogu is the only reason anyone liked that show, so they better figure out a way to bring him back.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The situation is basically this:

Baby Yoda is the star of the show, there's no way IMO is left out of the show for long. Lets be honest Baby Yoda is probably the most popular "new" Star Wars character since like ... Darth Maul?

Oct 25, 2017
I was saying bb8 is more popular than darth maul.
BB8 has less lore and story telling to wrap your head around. I don't think a lot of casual Star Wars fans are going to watch two different shows to get the back story for a cute droid. Shit this ep had a cute droid that you wouldn't have even noticed the significance of if you didn't play Fallen Order.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
BB8 has less lore and story telling to wrap your head around. I don't think a lot of casual Star Wars fans are going to watch two different shows to get the back story for a cute droid. Shit this ep had a cute droid that you wouldn't have even noticed the significance of if you didn't play Fallen Order.
Lore and story telling potential is not popularity. Kids love BB8. Theres lots of toys and plushes just like grogu. There's youtube videos of the little toy running around with millions of views. There's a BB8 droid repair VR video game. It's fine if you personally like maul more, but just look at who has more merch.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Lore and story telling potential is not popularity. Kids love BB8. Theres lots of toys and plushes just like grogu. There's youtube videos of the little toy running around with millions of views. There's a BB8 droid repair VR video game. It's fine if you personally like maul more, but just look at who has more merch.

Its a different demographic though. When phantom menace release there was a shitload of merch for darth maul. Now he's more popular with an older demographic who might not be buying plushies (kinda like how BB8 has far more merch than say Luke skywalker). That's only one metric to define popularity.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
Id probably still disagree (especially if comparing them when they were first introduced) but I guess it's kinda hard to compare.
Yeah who is more popular is beside the point. I'm just saying that star wars also had a hit with BB8 as far as merch and popularity.

We can all agree that grogu is a big hit right now.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
It feels a little early to be talking about S3 after what we just saw in Boba. I'm genuinely unsure even where Boba is going, unless we're going to not see Mando visit Grogu at all in either show or if it'll be a flashback in S3.

I'm also pretty convinced we won't see much of Luke, just due to the scale of expense needed to pull that off. But also the droid hole in the N1 is 100% designed for Grogu to stick his head out of.

They're definitely going to lean into the Mandalore stuff, though. How, I have no idea. It seems like the spin offs are sorta leaning towards a big team up against Thrawn (especially after the finale of Bad Batch), but who knows at this point. It's honestly pretty exciting.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels a little early to be talking about S3 after what we just saw in Boba. I'm genuinely unsure even where Boba is going, unless we're going to not see Mando visit Grogu at all in either show or if it'll be a flashback in S3.

I'm also pretty convinced we won't see much of Luke, just due to the scale of expense needed to pull that off. But also the droid hole in the N1 is 100% designed for Grogu to stick his head out of.

They're definitely going to lean into the Mandalore stuff, though. How, I have no idea. It seems like the spin offs are sorta leaning towards a big team up against Thrawn (especially after the finale of Bad Batch), but who knows at this point. It's honestly pretty exciting.
Feels like Ashoka, Boba, and Mando 3 (maybe even Obiwan) will all leave breadcrumbs for the Avengers team up against Thrawn/Gideon/whoever

Oct 25, 2017
They thought he was going to be a hit and pumped out the merch. BB8 didn't get cast aside in the next few movies.
I mean BB8 isn't a minstrel show spoof, but whatever. It's impossible to determine what becomes popular and why. It's a lot easier to sell simple shit. I feel nothing for most of the droids in the franchise. Cool characters are a different story. I'd be down for Second Sister merch.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
I mean BB8 isn't a minstrel show spoof, but whatever. It's impossible to determine what becomes popular and why. It's a lot easier to sell simple shit. I feel nothing for most of the droids in the franchise. Cool characters are a different story. I'd be down for Second Sister merch.
Jedi Fallen order definitely had some cool shit.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017

Second Sister got a black series figure along with Cal, some of the troopers, and most recently a Nightbrother. Which isn't enough imo, but not tooooo shabby.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
BB8 isn't even close to the same level as baby yoda.

I would agree ... though sure BB8 was/is popular, but Baby Yoda, really thinking about it is maybe the most popular Star Wars character since like ... maybe Yoda himself in 1980?

I don't recall anyone saying The Force Awakens was the BB8 movie, but lots of people consider The Mandalorian as the "Baby Yoda show".

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I am still quite surprised people watched The Mandalorian without watching Clone Wars and Rebels.
Rebels and Clone Wars got a rocky start, so there's not an insignificant number of people who dropped it, and while I have no intention of derailing the thread and I am a fan of quality animation, there are still people who mentally put animation in an entertainment ghetto. Also, Clone Wars went away and that was a final season item, and with all the other shit going on, missing one episode or forgetting one detail isn't a travesty. I couldn't remember where I saw the little droid was from and I beat that game, but I feel like I lost one year of my life, and remembering things before the COVID gap is sometimes foggy.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Feels like Ashoka, Boba, and Mando 3 (maybe even Obiwan) will all leave breadcrumbs for the Avengers team up against Thrawn/Gideon/whoever

This was already confirmed I'm pretty sure, when they announced the Ahsoka show!
Kathleen said something along the lines of the shows having a big cross over or something like that.
And it makes sense, I'd imagine the final cross over could look something like this:

Mando squad:
Mando, Grogu, Luke, Bo Katan and the Nite Owls, Greef, The Children of the Watch and potentially new Mandalorians and maybe even the BD droid.

Boba squad:
Boba, Fennic, Black Kraasantan, Boba's crime syndicate, (hoping for Cad Bane too)

Ahsoka squad:
Ahsoka, Sabine, Ezra, Rex, Hera, Zeb, Ketsu, Kallus, Wolffe, Hondo, the Rebel Alliance/New Republic

Oct 25, 2017
Rebels and Clone Wars got a rocky start, so there's not an insignificant number of people who dropped it, and while I have no intention of derailing the thread and I am a fan of quality animation, there are still people who mentally put animation in an entertainment ghetto. Also, Clone Wars went away and that was a final season item, and with all the other shit going on, missing one episode or forgetting one detail isn't a travesty. I couldn't remember where I saw the little droid was from and I beat that game, but I feel like I lost one year of my life, and remembering things before the COVID gap is sometimes foggy.
I can only imagine what went through their heads when Ahsoka popped up...animation can be in the entertainment ghetto, but man does Mandalorian reference that stuff.
This was already confirmed I'm pretty sure, when they announced the Ahsoka show!
Kathleen said something along the lines of the shows having a big cross over or something like that.
And it makes sense, I'd imagine the final cross over could look something like this:

Mando squad:
Mando, Grogu, Luke, Bo Katan and the Nite Owls, Greef, The Children of the Watch and potentially new Mandalorians and maybe even the BD droid.

Boba squad:
Boba, Fennic, Black Kraasantan, Boba's crime syndicate, (hoping for Cad Bane too)

Ahsoka squad:
Ahsoka, Sabine, Ezra, Rex, Hera, Zeb, Ketsu, Kallus, Wolffe, Hondo, the Rebel Alliance/New Republic
Oh god seeing Cad Bane again would be so dope, same with Ezra and Sabine (she better come back with pimped out armor.)

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Mandalorian is a weird situation where the "main character" isn't actually the "main character" in the eyes of the general public, so I'm not sure they can keep Baby Yoda off the show for long. And then that also brings up the whole is CGI Luke coming back? How are they going to handle that? Can you have like an episode or two of Mando + CG Luke + Grogu?

It'll be interesting to see but I don't think Baby Yoda is away for long.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
We still need an Ezra live action show.
I gotta believe that will be the plot to Ahsoka; finding where he and Thrawn are.
Clone Wars and Rebels is some of the best lore and Star Wars content in 20 years.

FITE ME

Mando squad:

Boba squad:

Ahsoka squad:
If I get blessed with live action Cad Bane, Hondo and Zeb I will blast off into orbit lol

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I think the black smith and her crew will become enemies because of their fanaticism.

Gideon is probably a former Mandalorian, who is essentially the opposite of the smith and co.

So Mando becomes the "good" ruler because he isn't an extremist, that will essentially be his plot; bringing people together and redefining their culture.

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta believe that will be the plot to Ahsoka; finding where he and Thrawn are.

Clone Wars and Rebels is some of the best lore and Star Wars content in 20 years.

FITE ME

If I get blessed with live action Cad Bane, Hondo and Zeb I will blast off into orbit lol
I don't care whose show it's in as long as the content is integrated well. I don't want Ezra to hijack Ahsoka's show, but if he joins the show and Him, Sabine and Ahsoka are integrated well it's all good. Also yeah I started off being iffy on Clone Wars and Rebels and now I consider them essential viewings.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
I don't care whose show it's in as long as the content is integrated well. I don't want Ezra to hijack Ahsoka's show, but if he joins the show and Him, Sabine and Ahsoka are integrated well it's all good. Also yeah I started off being iffy on Clone Wars and Rebels and now I consider them essential viewings.

Absolutely. Both are top tier Star Wars are what gives me hope that Mando will eventually reach that level, even with it's ups and downs so far.