• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Marvel show?

• Wandavision

Votes: 96 22.1%
  • Falcon and Winter Soldier

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Loki

Votes: 219 50.5%
  • Hawkeye

Votes: 41 9.4%
  • Moon Knight

Votes: 63 14.5%

• Total voters

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen Moon Knight yet but I feel like you can say that to almost all of the D+ shows so far lol

Probably. But it felt especially bad with Moon Knight. It feels like the show was originally 7 episodes but Disney forced them to cut it to 6 at the last minute and as a result they had to cram so much into it.

There wasn't even any resolution with Marc and Layla at the end. The episode was just blitzing through everything and it went from the climax to the end credits within a matter of minutes. It was insane.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
None of them were particularly memorable for me except Wandavision.

Moonknight had such an awesome first two episodes that took a big dip in pacing while barely featuring the main hero.

I also really liked What If because those were short, self-contained episodes.

Falcon & Winter Soldier had a good pace after the first episode, but featured awful villains.

Hawkeye was decent enough after a boring start. But that was mostly due to the chemistry between Haliee Steinfeld, Jennifer Pugh, and Jeremy Renner.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Loki is my favorite so far with Wanda and Moonknight following close behind.

Falcon & Winter Soldier I wanted to like more, I loved a lot of the individual elements. The relationship between Sam and Bucky was great, Zemo was fun, John Walker was a great counterpoint to the ideal that Steve set, the Isaiah Bradley stuff was heart wrenching and so so good, but the over arching plot with the Flag Smashers was just so mind numbingly bad that it just dragged the whole thing down.

Hawkeye was fine, I liked that it was telling a more lowkey story and not a major world shaking event. The way that the relationship developed between Clint and Kate was good, Echo was great and I'm glad she's getting her own spinoff, I even really liked
D'Onofrio's Kingpin coming back.

I didn't really care for What If...? at all.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
WandaVision was a great hook, but all the stuff outside the Hex was a real bore, and so much of the theorizing and mysteries the show sets up resulted in really predictable or underwhelming answers. Still some fun highs though. The finale is pretty bad.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier had acouple genuinely great episodes (ep 5 particularly), but the Flag Smashers' ideology was so messily handled, and the final episode just went so hard with the corny neoliberalism.

Loki is generally the most successful. That's really all there is to say about it. A fun tone, stylish, some really enjoyable performances. It also isn't a one off, so I'm not so perturbed by the finale not providing a lot of closure.

What If is quite fun, with the Ultron and Doctor Strange episodes being genuine standouts. Also just a big tragic reminder of just how charming Chadwick Boseman was, and what he could have brought to the franchise.

Hawkeye got the casting of Kate absolutely right, but its ending is so fucking weak that it ruined the show for me. I genuinely love the comic that it so heavily cribs from, but the Kingpin showdown is so stupid and weightless, and the show hinges so much on it. The actual core and weight of the book is lost, and in its place we get... some larpers?

Moon Knight is much more basic than a Moon Knight should be, but Isaac really carries it the whole way through. Ep 5 is a fun Legion-lite exploration, and despite the finale being rushed, there are a lot of fun moments in it. There are a lot of fun and clever ideas, but they're sandwiched in an otherwise really basic adventure story.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Moon Knight's my favorite so far.

The Origin stories for superheros are often my favorites. But Oscar Isaac is just so much fun to watch as Steven, he's just hilarious and so engaging. It's just a lot of fun, a good Mummy/Indiana Jones type adventure story with a fun alternate personality gimmick.
It's also not burdened with all the past MCU storylines (hey, you remember Thanos and the Blip? Remember all these past characters?), it was nice to have a fully new character with their own story.

Loki was great too, and definitely my second favorite.

Falcon and the WS, Hawkeye, and Wandavision are all probably a tie for me, they're pretty good, but both stumble in places and don't really stick the landing.
WandaVision had it's fun sitcom gimmick, but made it less and less of a focus. It was also trying to be mysterious, but there's so few episodes that everything gets explained really quickly. The "real world" stuff also didn't interest me too much.
Falcon had great chemistry with the main characters, but the main plot was messy.
And Hawkeye had Kate and Yelena who are great, but also had a disappointing main plot.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
My ranking:

Wandavision
Loki
Moon Knight
What If...?
Hawkeye
The Falcon & The Winter Soldier

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Hawkeye for me. Kate and Clint were phenomenal and I constantly had a goofy grin on my face while watching it.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
Hawkeye because it was just the most entertaining series week to week. And it captured the jokey dynamic between Clint and Kate really well.

Overall ranking would be:

Hawkeye
Falcon & Winter Soldier
Moonknight
WandaVision
Loki

Last edited:

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Loki introduced the GOAT actor, Jonathan Majors... I can't wait to see how terrifying his Kang will truly be. any moment with He Who Remains is some of the best scenes to grace Marvel yet.

Moonknight probably is my favorite new hero.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Favorite show: Moon Knight
Best show: WandaVision

As time has moved on, Loki continues to fall further down my list the more I think about it.

Moon Knight > WandaVision > Loki > What If >> Hawkeye >>> TFaWS

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Loki for me as well. i enjoyed aspects of moon knight but overall it didnt hit for me as much as Loki or even Wandavision. but I enjoyed all three. Loki really impressed me though

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to say. I probably liked Loki best, followed by Moon Knight. Wandavision was pretty great, at least the first four episodes. I like Hawkeye more than I ever thought I would, considering I think that character is kinda meh. I didn't particularly like Falcon and Winter Soldier. Both main actors were flat, and the Flag whatever gang sucked and gave me a "Stranger Things Season 2 Episode 7 lame gang" vibe.
I only made it through a couple of "What If" episodes and checked out.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the minority for sure. Found Loki to be a total chore to watch. So boring. Slow scenes with dialogue that felt interminable.

WandaVision was tantalizing and exciting. Loved it.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Loki still my favourite.

But overall all of them are just good at best, nothing that will ever stick with me like shows like Breaking Bad, The Shield, The Wire, Mr. Robot, BCS, 24 etc. did.

And as opposed to those shows mentioned I don't have the urge to ever rewatch any MCU show so far.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Probably Hawkeye(with WandaVision being a close second)....which surprised me.
I was looking forward to Loki the most...but I honestly thought it was the weakest of the bunch.

Maybe it was down to expectations. I expected to love Loki but didn't, while I expected Hawkeye to be meh..but enjoyed it.

I've not hated any of them.

Moon Knight could have topped it for me, based on the first half of the season..but I was left with a "Is that it?" feeling, by the time it ended.

Last edited:

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wandavision and Loki are the only two worthwhile ones, even tho they have issues. They definitely were creative and tried to do new things with established characters and push the MCU in new directions...

Everything else took the issues that those two shows had and amplified them by 100, and added nothing worthwhile to make up for it. Honestly i guess falcon had some really good action scenes for a tv show (the opening action scene in particular was pretty cool). Moon Knight I guess I liked Isaacs performance, but pretty much nothing about the plot made sense past a first glance, nor did any of the characters feel established even by the end. Hawkeye just sucked. Im not one of the people who cared much for Hailee Steinfelds performance so that wasnt a plus for me.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Loki. I think Wanda and Falcon were the weakest - but I still liked them. Hawkeye and Moon Knight were good but not without issues.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Loki is my favorite. I'm a fan of the cosmos scale shenanigans that expand the scope of the universe.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
They are all pretty vapid, but Loki is the only one that had a consultant quality throughout… So Loki.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any favorites. I don't feel very strongly about them at all. WV and Loki mainly had me hooked bc of the mystery. FTWS and Hawkeye were whatever, although they had some bright spots. I haven't even bothered watching the last episode of Hawkeye. Moon Knight I haven't watched at all. I kinda want to, since it alongside Hawkeye was the one I was most interested in, but I feel in no rush.

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
Moon Knight and Falcon&WS are the only ones that I think didn't fumble the finale hard, and between those two I liked Moon Knight more

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Though decision but after watching MoM last night I'm definitely going with WandaVision. Loki is a very very close second.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Curious for you and others that feel this way, is it your favorite now in the sense that MoM made the show retroactively edge out whatever else was your previous favorite? Or is it your new favorite in the sense that you didn't rate it all that highly overall until after seeing MoM?
Both? I liked the tv gimmick and mystery of Wandavision but felt it dropped the ball so hard by the end that Loki became my favorite by default.

MoM had confidence and balls to go the route it did and it works with the ending of Wandavision in a way that makes me feel more content with it now. They could have easily gotten cold feet and given us a more "please redeem me" Wanda.

ResetSoul

Banned
Jul 29, 2021
I haven't seen Hawkeye, but of everything else I've seen Falcon and the Winter Solider twice through and could recall maybe a half an episode's worth of events.

So... Not that one.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Loki is the only one that I felt like started strong and stayed strong.

Wandavision had an upswing mid ways through but didn't nail the ending. And the beginning over stayed its welcome.

Falcon & the Winter Solider just completely fumbled everything. I really enjoyed episode 1, the the last 5 ish minutes were good. But it was a complete miss due to the script changes and covid.

Hawkeye was better than it has any right to be. But it's ending completely fumbled an otherwise great season and fumbled what would have been a great reintroduction of a character.

Moon Knight didn't have anything wrong…it just was a show that was the definition of wasted potential. I LOVED episode 5, but the rest of it felt like it was a by the numbers Marvel show, but had all the parts for something truly fantastic. Just ended up being an "okay. This is fine." Show instead of a "That blew me away" show.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Wandavision, Wa-wandavision. Wandavision, Wa-wandavision. It wasn't perfect, but it was great. So, so happy they made that show.

Loki and Moon Knight are up there as well. Hawkeye was enjoyable, uneven, and hugely elevated by Kate and Yelena. Falcon and the Winter Soldier had its moments but is the only of one the shows that I had to put some effort in to get through it a second time. What If was very uneven as well, but between the Doctor Strange and the Party Thor episodes, it was worth it.

Nov 30, 2021
I liked Wandavision a ton except for the finale, and Loki was pretty solid all the way through, but I think ultimately I liked Hawkeye the most. It was very consistent start to finish, I liked the low stakes, and I thought Kate and Clint were great together. Plus Yelena!

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
In order:

Loki was top tier Doctor Who and I love good Doctor Who.

WandaVision didn't quite work as well as I would have liked but was so full of creativity I didn't mind.

Hawkeye and Moonknight are pretty much tied. Hawkeye felt like an actual movie expanded out, but I don't think the villains were as fun/threatening as they should have been and the goofy stuff didn't work as well as it should. Moonknight suffered from a really confusing group of villains who were sorta aping Thanos but not really, but I loved the stuff with the main characters and gods.

Falcon and Winter Soldier had some really high highs but had no idea what to do with its villains and it dragged the whole show down. Like, they did the thing where they realize their villains are right so they make them extra evil. Except there's a genuine evil character right there who'd work way better as the big bad but they randomly decided to redeem them?

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Wandavision, Loki and Moon Knight are the top-tier shows for me. I'm giving my vote to Moon Knight because I think it did a great job with a new property that didn't have established movie characters to lean on. Also, I'm a big fan of Egyptian mythology stuff.

Hawkeye and Falcon + Winter Soldier were both fun too, just not as flashy or glamorous as the others.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Loki>Hawkeye>Moon Knight>WandaVision> The Falcon and the Winter Soldier>What If..?

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Calling any one of these a "favorite" would be overestimating them for me. I watch them because I have a Disney+ sub and a half hour to kill on Wednesday's, but otherwise I wouldn't bother. Some are alright, some are bad, most are forgettable.

All of them are dark. As in literally dark. For some reason whoever is charge of all of these has decided that most scenes have to take place in the dark, either at night, inside with no lighting, or just in pitch black for other reasons. I spend more time looking at the reflection of my living room than the actual shows at this point, it's weird. I guess it saves them on having to dress sets and cgi costs (if it's an action scene, there's a 95% chance it takes place in a dark indoor setting our outside at night), that's probably the reason. Wandavision is the only outlier here, in that regard.

So Wandavision wins for taking place in the suburbs during mostly daytime.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Loki but Hawkeye is right there, which surprised me. WandaVision was really cool in concept but kinda slow to start and then I really didn't think it stuck the landing. Falcon and Winter Solider was pretty middling, and I couldn't take the wacky tone of Moon Knight so I haven't even finished it.

S-Wind

Nov 4, 2017
1) Wandavision
2) Moon Knight
3) Loki
4) What If
Tied for last place) Falcon and Winter Soldier, Hawkeye

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loki > Wandavision >>>>>> Falcon

Haven't bothered with What If, got bored of Hawkeye 2 episodes in, and waiting for Moon Knight to finish first.