• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Avengers movie?

• Avengers (Assemble)

Votes: 77 9.6%
  • Avengers Age of Ultron

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Captain America: Civil War

Votes: 56 7.0%
  • Avengers Infinity War

Votes: 476 59.4%
  • Avengers Endgame

Votes: 181 22.6%

• Total voters

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
IW was just engaging from beginning to end so going with that. CW was just as great too.

Dec 31, 2017
Infinity War
Avengers/Endgame
Age of Ultron.

We don't recognize movies without Hulks as Avengers in this house.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Infinity War and Endgame should just be counted together.

Avengers > Endgame/Infinity War > Civil War > Ultron

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I think I like the simplicity and focus of the original Avengers story, and at the time, it was a significant departure in tone/style/humor for superhero movies. Coming back to it eight years later, it doesn't stand out nearly as much, as Avengers was a big part of building the MCU style that's now so commonplace.

I liked Civil War for giving us an Avengers story where the stakes aren't saving the world/universe.

While I enjoyed Infinity War and Endgame, I don't think I'm quite as hot on them as most people here. You just knew that the gauntlet sets up the second film to be "now we hit the Undo button." There are certainly parts I liked in the films, they got to do some cool things with these characters, just wasn't big on the main thread.

Ultron was disappointing because the villain and his minions seemed so... boring? I guess those early teasers had put the idea in my head that Ultron would be a cold, unfeeling, inhuman villain, when he's basically as cartoonish as any standard human comic book villain. (I never read the comics, so maybe that expectation was unrealistic, I don't know.)
Also, where's Thor: The Dark World?

Last edited:

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MV5BNjhlYmNlMTUtODUzZS00OTlkLWE4ZjYtYWEyZDllMzNlODQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODIyOTEyMzY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,740,1000_AL_.jpg

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
It is definitely Infinity War. Great pacing and left an indelible mark on you after it was over.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Between the last two, infinity war is the more action driven while endgame is more character driven.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Got to go to the original Avengers. Not for the film itself, but for what it did and what it represented. If it had flopped, probably no Civil War. No Endgame. Certainly not on the same level.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Having seen each one multiple times, I'm of the unpopular opinion that every Avengers was better than the one before it.

Endgame > Infinity War > Civil War > Age of Ultron >= Avengers

That said I like them all.

Rad

Oct 26, 2017
When I first saw both, I preferred IW to Endgame. But then I watched both the second time not long ago and Endgame is just superior.

AoU is easily the worst. I legit fell asleep watching it.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Infinity War for me. It was so awesome seeing all the big players come together like that. Had some of the best jokes in the whole franchise thus far as well due to those characters interacting.

Oct 27, 2017
Endgame, it was a fantastic send-off. I personally didn't like Infinity War all that much. The whole Thor subplot just dragged and it all just felt like setup.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Infinity war despite being over 2h long ,felt so well paced and directed . And the set pieces were fantascit , i coudl really follow the action.
End game on the other hand felt like a fanservice event , with really badly done compositing and overall action sequennce . And oh my fuckin god with the time travel shit . The best part about end game were the first 20 min tone wise and character wise, after that it was all downhill

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Infinity War by a wide gulf. I saw it five times in theatres (with and without people) and only saw Endgame once in the cinema.

I was never blown away by the 1st Avengers movie by itself (much more a fan of all the Cap movies) and Ultron is wretched.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
IW is perfectly paced.
Despite knowing this us comic book world and people who die are not gone, it really sells the stakes and tragedy we see on screen.
Well fleshed out villain with a proper story fully entwined with the plot, not just a boss mob.
It juggles so many characters without them shoehorned in.
Great action, visuals, comedy is handled well.

It's just a perfect MCU film, everything they learnt that works they nailed.

Deleted member 11039

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Infinity War is the standout with the original being a solid second place.

Endgame and Civil War are... fine mostly.

Ultron is rough.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Endgame was ok in terms of juggling effectively a wrap up of an era, but IW whips it as a film.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
First, no question.

The story is focused, while still having really compelling arcs for the characters and their relationships. CW and IW is too focused on dumping a box of action figures on the floor for much meaningful activity, by comparison, and it just feels like they're hopping from action setpiece to setpiece as fast as possible. EG is second if only because its first two acts are so wildly different compared to everything else (the melancholy of a post-apocalypse period, and the time travel heist) that it's like a breath of fresh air.

These are my thoughts exactly. I did enjoy Civil War but Infinity War is just...okay. The jokes are lame, the pacing feels weird and something feels off about it. Age of Ultron is just not good.

I'd go A1 > A4 > CW > A3 > A2.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn between IW and the first one. The former was just so insane in terms of juggling all the different elements.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely liked Endgame more than Infinity War despite enjoying both, and don't think much of the first two Avengerseses

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the first one. It felt more cohesive because of the smaller cast, and the movie didn't need to create as many obvious plot contrivances (like Hulk in IW/Endgame, Thanos' ultimate army being a zerg rush, and the stupid fucking ~laser spears~ of the Wakandan army) as a way to make setpieces that weren't destroyed or nullified immediately.

IW and Endgame had scale of course, but it also had many more moments where you could clearly see that they came up with something dumb just because otherwise some character or another would OP their way out of the whole situation.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Infinity War was pretty dope.

Endgame was great but most of that movie was basically undoing Infinity War.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Endgame > Civil War > Infinity War > Avengers > Age of Ultron.

The focus on the six originals' dealing with failure and loss and the end of their character arcs is just so satisfying and well done. So, Endgame.

Last edited:

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
  1. Infinity War
  2. Civil War
  3. Endgame
  4. Avengers
  5. Ultron
There is a big gap between Civil War and Endgame, and then another gap between Avengers and shitty Ultron

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly for me its a tough choice between Endgame, Infinity War, and Civil War. I think all three of those are super solid MCU films and the top three out of all of them.

If I had to pick one though I'd say Infinity War. It feels like the best written, best directed, and most emotional of the bunch. Making Thanos the focus of the film worked incredibly well, and letting him win was a bold choice.

chromefrog

Nov 26, 2017
Infinity War is the best Avengers movie and it's the second best Marvel film after Spider-Man 2.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I'd probably go with the original. That was such an awesome experience in the theater and felt like something that hadn't been done before