• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Avengers movie?

• Avengers (Assemble)

Votes: 77 9.6%
  • Avengers Age of Ultron

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Captain America: Civil War

Votes: 56 7.0%
  • Avengers Infinity War

Votes: 476 59.4%
  • Avengers Endgame

Votes: 181 22.6%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2017
I included Civil War because it's basically an Avengers team-up movie right?

Infinity War probably the best just because Thanos.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not a huge MCU fan, but Infinity War was my fave. Endgame felt boring in comparison.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
The second one was what looked more like a standalone movie and not "in this episode of Avengers!".

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Infinity War. Couple reasons why: a) having such a huge cast of characters and having it somehow work is pretty impressive. b) making the bad guy the protagonist and having him succeed was interesting and made the film stand out to me among the other MCU films.

plus the jokes hit and the action was well done. just an all around good film

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
endgame by a country mile

it was an actual fun movie and not just hours of boring punching

granted the last hour was just boring punching but the first part is fun time travel and mild heist with the funniest jokes in the series since ragnarok

all the other avengers movies (and marvel movies) are not great

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Infinity War... or Avengers 1 because it kicked off the whole damn thing basically, and showed how to successfully put several leading characters together into one movie and make it work as a whole. It was an enormous challenge that a lot of folks didn't think would work, but Whedon pulled it off.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I flip flop on Endgame and Infinity War on any given time of day.

Avengers is a bona fide classic though.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Endgame. There will never be another movie like that again.

10 yrs of playoff, TV shows struggle to get that, let alone a feature length movies. Avengers a classic though.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Infinity is the best-acted and overall best film in terms of action and plot.

Original will always have a soft spot and Endgame is a great send-off bot neither is as tightly scripted or paced. Age of Ultron is a mess for about 50% of its runtime, not even including the mess of an opening that uses Agents of Shield as a prequel.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
I struggle to choose between Infinity War and Civil War, but I have rewatched Civil War a bunch more times, so I'm gonna go with that. Overall rankings:

1a. Civil War
1b. Infinity War
3. Endgame
4. Avengers
5. Ultron

Oct 27, 2017
Endgame for me. Took its time to breathe, told a story about humans coping with loss and the knowledge that they failed their loved ones. That to me is a more interesting story. Still ended with a gigantic set piece battle with the most hype moments in the MCU. Hard to beat that. Civil War is pretty solid though, probably some of RDJ's best acting in the MCU.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
don't think i would have enjoyed endgame as much if it wasn't for Hemsworth's performance as fat thor. only thing that movie had going for it imo
first avengers was good just think the Russo's topped Whedon's style for this sort of thing
Age of Ultron sucked
didn't care for Civil War either

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
While Endgame is more enjoyable due to the ending and fan service, Infinity War is the better movie. Watching Infinity War and Endgame back to back is probably one of my favorite movie-watching experiences.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Infinity War by a mile. I genuinely found it to be a good movie, whereas the rest are just fun disposable blockbusters.

CypherSignal

Oct 25, 2017
First, no question.

The story is focused, while still having really compelling arcs for the characters and their relationships. CW and IW is too focused on dumping a box of action figures on the floor for much meaningful activity, by comparison, and it just feels like they're hopping from action setpiece to setpiece as fast as possible. EG is second if only because its first two acts are so wildly different compared to everything else (the melancholy of a post-apocalypse period, and the time travel heist) that it's like a breath of fresh air.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Avengers Age of Ulton, a misunderstood movie that will be recognised as a classic in time... like Empire Strikes Back and Majora's Mask.

Edit... No just joking, all of them are fine answers though, depending on my mood it's Endgame or Infinity War.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
For me, it's Infinity War, with Endgame and Civil War closely behind. I'm sure everyone has a huge soft spot for Avengers, too, just because of what it meant and how it delivered on the promise of a cinematic universe when it came out, but the more recent movies are better. I LIKE Age of Ultron, but it's definitely my least favorite.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1. Infinity War
2. Avengers
3. Endgame
4. Civil War
5. Age of Ultron

I could pretty much interchange Avengers, Endgame, and Civil War under IW. The only real mediocre movie of the bunch is Ultron.

poutmeter

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Infinity War was a much better movie that I was disappointed by Endgame, which is a bummer because EG was a good movie.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Infinity War, by far. It was like watching a top notch Wrestlemania, with elite match-up after elite match-up from beginning to end.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Avengers 1 stands up that well. Avengers 2 was kind lame. I don't really like Civil War either. It was just so lifeless they literally fought in a grey, empty arena. It's like if they fought on the Training Stage in a fighting game. Infinity War and Endgame are good. I'm not sure why Thanos was hunting for these things for a thousand years and then found like five in 24 hours.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm having a hard time with this question, while I feel that Infinity war was the 'better' movie of the two, Endgame gave me more 'emotional moments', with the conclusion of certain character's arcs.

So its hard to say. I think Infinity War was the better movie, but I think I enjoyed Endgame more.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Infinity War is probably the best film but Endgame is my personal favorite.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Let's just say that Age of Ultron is garbage and almost ruined it all , nice job whedon

IW is nearly perfect

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Endgame for me but having Civil War there made it really hard for me. I'm gonna get shit for this but I think the first Avengers movie doesnt really hold up.

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
Infinity War slightly over Civil War

on rewatches the airport fight is so out of place but still fun

emilioasis

Nov 1, 2017
Endgame
Avengers
Civil War
Infinity War
Ultron

By the way, I really think that with the exception of Ultron, every single Avengers Movie is either great or amazing. (Ultron is ok)

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers, the original, is still the best - it's tight, it's snappy, it's essentially a perfectly executed blockbuster movie. Infinity War is pretty much the same movie scaled up significantly, to its detriment.

Plus, Loki is a way more charismatic bad guy than Thanos.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think the actual answer to this is that he was waiting for Odin to die. Someone can correct me, but I recall that being the reason given at some point.

It was actually Ragnarok specifically he needed. Asgard was watching and protecting the Dwarves, so it was only after it was destroyed that he was able to go in, get the gauntlet built and slaughter them (maiming the one survivor).

What's not clear is when Thanos knew he would need the gauntlet. He may have been trying to get the stones physically under his control before then, or just the ones that he was worried would be used by someone else, leaving the rest to be picked up once he had the gauntlet.

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
I think the first Avengers will always be my favorite just because of what it represented and what it meant for the saga.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
The first one by a country mile. That's when it was written by actual Joss Whedon, and not people trying in vein to imitate Joss Whedon.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Infinity War because it can be watched alone. Endgame only works after watching at least 5 other MCU's.
Civil War is great too