• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think is the next big game from Capcom?

• Onimusha

Votes: 198 16.2%
  • Viewtiful Joe

Votes: 88 7.2%
  • Dino Crisis

Votes: 331 27.0%
  • Marvel vs Capcom 4

Votes: 161 13.1%
  • Capcom vs Capcom

Votes: 94 7.7%
  • Resident Evil Revelations 3

Votes: 81 6.6%
  • New thingy

Votes: 273 22.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Dino Crisis

Onimusha

Capcom vs ???

Okami 2 or Viewtiful joe 3

Pick two

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect anything.

Maybe some smaller announcements or ports like Onimusha 2, but nothing big.

Also Capcom port Viewtiful Joe already.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Can you delay titles and just decide they're cross-gen? I'm thinking maybe whatever they have next simply isn't coming out before March 2020, end of this fiscal year.
Since the next gen is BC I could see them deciding to delay the games they have a bit and work on having the next gen versions look more impressive. Or they could use the extra time to develop more content for said games and polish them even further as they get ready to release them alongside next gen consoles.

There is also always the possibility that the titles they were working on simply needed more time so they decided to skip this fiscal year and instead release them when they were ready. That actually might be the most likely reason.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Since the next gen is BC I could see them deciding to delay the games they have a bit and work on having the next gen versions look more impressive. Or they could use the extra time to develop more content for said games and polish them even further as they get ready to release them alongside next gen consoles.

There is also always the possibility that the titles they were working on simply needed more time so they decided to skip this fiscal year and instead release them when they were ready. That actually might be the most likely reason.

Yeah at one point they wanted to release 3 major titles per year, but development time probably had them pushing back a couple. But if they were just being delayed out of the FY and would premiere before next E3 (or even close to it), there's no reason why they wouldn't begin hyping here.

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously I'd love a New Dino Crisis or Onimusha. Or even 3make or RE8 to be announced.

But to be honest I'd be perfectly happy with some ports being announced. I definitely think we'll be getting a Rev 3 announcement.

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever Capcom is going to be revealing I will look forward to enjoy and eat it all up whether it is released or shown! I wouldn't say no to a RE VR/First-Person as a small game stand alone however in the interim with the Resident Evil IP.

The future is shining ever so bright with all the glorious RE engine beauty to indulge in the coming years. They can take their time. What a fun wild ride it's going to be when they do get released however!

I do hope they bring back the composer who did this amazing track however <3

Last edited:

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Looking back at the past thread, it's kind of amazing how Capcom's E3 is looking even emptier than I initially anticipated. The next (potentially last?) SFV update is being saved for EVO, DMCV is not going the DLC route (unless they're lying), and MHW Iceborne already had its big livestream event (unless Capcom saved a whole bunch more info). And that basically kills any safe guesses I could've expected, outside of...I dunno, ports?

That's not to say they don't have anything, it's just that I really don't have anything to work with for whatever predictions I may have, beyond trying to account for Capcom gearing for next-gen.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
My wishful thinking is something good for Mega Man. Hearing rumblings of a mobile game which... whatever.... but I'm pulling for the long shot X9, or the even longer shot not-a-chance-in-hell Legends 3 revival lol.

Sp1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Nothing. They officially aren't bringing out a major title within this fiscal year, so the prerequisite for their last three E3 unveilings isn't given anymore.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Boring year for me as far as Capcom goes with no RE3 reveal. Wonder when or if that will even be shown this year?

Hopefully TLOU2 rumors are true about information in the next few weeks

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
God Hand 2. They got the band back together: Capgod, Platinum Games, Shinji Mikami is back on as well. Let's get it.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Al ot of rumblings about Dino Crisis, huh?

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
What I want:
rivalcoverart.png

latest

What we'll get:
resident_evil_saga_games_by_albertweskerg-d8xlou8.jpg

I'm wholeheartedly tired of Capcom.