• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
I didn't see a dedicated thread for feedback, just one for bug reporting

Feel free to lock if unnecessary

So besides the bugs, what does everyone think?

Personally not a big fan, I think it looks a bit ugly on both light & dark, and I really hate that new Quick Jump button making navigation more annoying

I already miss my legacy theme

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I quite like it on desktop but on mobile it feels harder to use and is much slower.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I miss the toolbar on mobile that let you forum hop easy but besides that I'm digging it so far.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll get used to it like I got used to infotainment screens in modern cars.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
It sucks until we get back the features they took away like disabling images and avatars.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Love the desktop version, mobile will take some time to get used to. Dark mode is lovely.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So far my only gripe is the avatars on the thread index. Makes it look so cluttered compared to before.

May 30, 2018
Not too many complaints, but I wish it didn't take me an extra tap to get to my notifications or quick jump on mobile. Also had a few weird jumps but not sure if that's just my browser.

Oct 30, 2017
The site redesign is the equivalent of someone saying they want 30FPS and more pixels instead of 60FPS and performance.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After someone pointed out the button in the bottom left that expands the forum into the empty sides I can finally breathe again, so it's ok.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Not a fan whatsoever, only because on PC there are MASSIVE margins now and when I hide the left pane with the hamburger icon, the margins don't go away. Its like some kind of nightmare. The internet is regressing back to AOL

considering the site is using the same software/platform as NeoGAF is, I'm surprised by this... why can they get it right but not here?

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I like it.

I don't agree with those saying it's "too much purple." It's far better than the old (non-legacy) themes were. The splashes of color with most everything else being shades of grey is quite nice.

However, I hate the lack of pinch to zoom on mobile. I also hate the lack of in-line image resizing on desktop. These two are related. The lightbox like image viewer for large images kind of sucks.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Now that I can finally log in I don't mind the majority of it. The colors are fine. I absolutely hate the thread thing at the bottom though. I just want a way back to the main forum right after the reply box.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
Not a fan. It's too cluttered, the new Dark theme is worse than the previous Dark and Night themes and the avatars in front of thread titles give the site a cheap and childish look.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
I'd love to have the notifications on the top right than hidden inside the hamburger menu on mobile. Other than that, đź‘Ť

Oct 25, 2017
I find the round elements quite aesthetically pleasing, but that's purely up to personal taste. Site navigation took a pretty huge nosedive in quality of life by burying so many things under extra clicks, especially on the mobile side. It's not fun or efficient to browse when the old site's nav bar worked perfectly to allow fast jumps between the main forums & your watched threads anywhere on the site without needing to hit extra buttons. Even on desktop, hangouts is practically invisible - it shows up as in-line text on the main page instead of having its own dedicated colorful cell to click, and the navigation bar on the left hides them with an extra arrow click.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely hate it, both in regular and dark. Reminds me of the redesign for NeoGAF, and that was terrible by itself. Also, much slower on my phone for some reason.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'll live, but I don't like it. A particular annoyance is the side pane keeps reappearing after I hide it. It takes up too much space, then it keeps coming back and butting in. Then there's a permanent margin even when it's hidden. Overall, there's too much wasted space everywhere, even including the gaps between each post.

I miss the clean and simple previous design.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like it. I use the site on a computer 95% of the time, if it makes a difference. Why isn't there a way to permanently hide the sidebar? I can suppress it but then it immediately comes back after I go to a new page. There's really no point to the sidebar anyway with the quick jump at the top of the page. There's no need for both.

Aside from emoji, I don't really see any new features that were worthy of such a major redesign.

Jpop

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the thread suggestions or thread avatars, but everything else is okay. đź‘Ť

KaladinSB

Oct 27, 2017
Harder to navigate, too much space and yet still cluttered. The avatars in the threads titles is messy and makes it harder to read. The similar threads at the bottom reminds me of the cheesy ad links telling me about what I wouldn't believe happened

Status
Not open for further replies.