• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How warm are you on the OST?

• burning hot

Votes: 447 86.8%
  • warm

Votes: 38 7.4%
  • room temp

Votes: 16 3.1%
  • cool

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • ice cold

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Before the game released, worries and concerns abounded about the soundtrack being mostly orchestral. Feelings were hurt. Masashi Hamauzu's name was cursed. Many words were exchanged. Tears shed aplenty. But now the game has released, and it's been a minute. How's the temperature?

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I was a bit mad when the demo was released and after i finished the full game....i fucking love this OST. I was afraid by the lack of synths and heavy guitars but its all there.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I was worried about them not putting music in the right spots
I was rightfully worried... Wall Market has a weird theme... but besides that...
I like almost all the other tracks
(particularly the Fast travel chocobo themes lol)

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Wall Market is eh (I do think it fits the more Las Vegas type town they were going for) but everything else is straight fire. Shoutout to the theme that plays between Sector 5 and Wall Market

Last edited:

soundtrack

Oct 28, 2017
The variety in the reinterpretations of the main themes is so impressive. They made Tifa's theme sound like it could be a banger out of a Tekken OST:

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's absolutely out of control.
The best soundtrack I've heard in years.

I consistently go from
giphy.gif

or
FlatKindBordercollie-size_restricted.gif

to
tenor.gif

Annabel

Mar 22, 2019
So for the first few chapters I was thinking the music was pretty good.

Then it jumped to amazing with the Airbuster boss fight.

Then it somehow got even better with the Turks boss theme.

Only theme that was kinda weird and off putting was Wall Market, everything else is A+.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
One of the best this gen no doubt.
Hamauzu & Suzuki deserves so much praise after this one.

Last edited:

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
I was blown away by how good it is. Remaking a beloved classic soundtrack seems like it would be easy to fuck up, but they did good.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Reminded me two things:
-Uematsu's original compositions are still very strong and memorable.
-Hamauzu is a fucking MVP. After he (IMO) botched the FFX Remastered OST, he came back so strong with this. Incredible.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
The only track I don't like is the one where you're in the 2nd half of the Collapsed Expressway. It irks me for some reason.

These two are my favorites as of now.

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Hamauzu did a great job on arranging. Some new tracks felt a bit off (not that it's bad) because they're so different from the rest but I'll get use to it. Overall, it's top-tier.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
I realized the OST was magic with this song:

YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

YES!! This is one of my sleeper favorite songs on the whole OST. I love everything else, but this just set that mood so perfectly and filled me with an awesome blend of nostalgia and wonder. The whole album is fire.

Oct 30, 2017
I realized the OST was magic with this song:

YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

You spoke my mind and feelings... this is my favourite track between the new ones, and one of my favourite 3.... "pure magic" is what I called it when it first hit, so atmospheric and so good <3

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
It's a monumental musical achievement for Square Enix. The sheer breadth of the soundtrack is astounding.

Diagol

Oct 25, 2017
The soundtrack was absolutely amazing. Loved absolutely all of it. The jukebox renditions were great too!

I hope people take this soundtrack and incorporate it into the original game on Steam via mods eventually.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Couple of bad ones but mostly excellent. Can't wait for a full release. The OST is simply superior to the game however.

May 26, 2018
The OST fucking rules. Of all the possible complaints, the soundtrack really ain't one. Everything I thought it would have to be. Mixes the right synth sounds at the right time while updating what needs to be updated, just... fucking great.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
The variety in the reinterpretations of the main themes is so impressive. They made Tifa's theme sound like it could be a banger out of a Tekken OST:

Did not expect this when it came on, and definitely didn't expect it to be one of my favorites in the game. It helps that the whole moment with Tifa and Aerith is so much fun.