• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just relieved that Kanye West clown didn't have a bigger effect in the election. Every vote counts and imagine if he could have run on a nation-wide platform. I'm pretty sure there could have been tens of thousands of idiots who vote "for the memes" and we could be telling a different story today.

That shit has to stop.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Fairness doctrine + Voting Rights Act + get rid of Gerrymandering.

Hold lies accountable and let everyone vote. The majority of America are good people.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
build community and solidarity

take over state legislatures

vastly improve democratic messaging

voter outreach and a 50 state strategy

stop reposting political commentary from a very stupid videogame as if its profound

Leemo

Oct 28, 2017
They've all been said in some form but...

- Regulate the media (Fox News couldn't exist here in the UK for example, in its current form)
- Regulate the socials and sort out the cesspools that are Facebook and Twitter
- Get rid of the EC

A bonus would be to invest in education, make it so nonsense like that Q Anon bullshit would never take hold.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Electoral college has to go. It's been long enough, the people know it's a scam. I'm hoping Biden can somehow work towards removing it.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Get rid of Electoral Collage and make voting obligatory. For starters.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
A bonus would be to invest in education, make it so nonsense like that Q Anon bullshit would never take hold.

Uh I don't think this should be a bonus...this should be a top priority always...just making it so your shit bird candidate can't get elected isn't going to stop nutcases from believing and following them.

The other points you said are definetly important but I don't think it's an anomaly that the outrageous, anti-science, racist TV/Twitter personality was able to win an election in a country with some of the worst education stats in the world.
Pretty sure a large amount of poorly educated, non-critical thinkers digesting nothing but TV that skews to their thinking and social media being raised by the uneducated patriotic idiots before them could easily vote in a charlatan again.

Deleted member 62221

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
At this moment I see a lot of Trump supporters and right wingers from my country saying that Biden will start a new war in Middle East.

I think if you don't want a new Trump you could help by stopping this narrative. Don't let hawks get a voice among the democrats.

Last edited:

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Fix voting rights/gerrymandering (netiher of which will happen since the Senate might be Republican and they get to draw lines coming up), fix the broken education system that's allowed so many people to be duped by a pathological liar and conspiracy theories and hold social media accountable for dangerously misleading conspiracy theories. Education alone will help a lot, but it's not going to help with Trump's older white base.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
- Abolish the electoral college
- Implement rank choice voting across the board
- A mandate to eradicate gerrymandering
- widespread education reform with a focus on true equity
- pack the courts

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
The Biden Administration will not be able to pass any laws if the Republicans still retain control of the Senate. Just like what happened to Obama for 6 years.

The 2020 elections aren't over yet. We have to win Georgia's 2 Senate seats in the runoff election January 5th 2021. As much as people all across the nation donated time, or money, we must continue to do so for Georgia's Senate runoff.

Without the Senate, and the ability to pass laws, we may have to limit this discussion to what can be accomplished with temporary executive orders that could be overturned by the next President.

May 10, 2018
Getting rid of the Electoral College would be the go to move but that won't happen anytime soon if ever.

Next big thing would be to expand on voting rights and getting rid of gerrymandering and stop voter suppression. Also try to be more than just "not as bad as the other candidate".

Focusing on education would definitely help, there also should be major focus on stopping the spreading of false information on social media.

While it's true that republicans do better with non educated people, I'm sure we all know plenty of educated people who where perfectly cool with Trump.

Jun 10, 2018
Scrap the Constitution and start over with a new one.

Those who honestly believe the US and Trump have only recently started flirtations with fascism reveal themselves as being ignorant of US history. Fact of the matter is fascism by way of white supremacy is already interwoven into the very DNA of our current government. Until you put out the source, it's only a matter of "when" we'll see the next Trump (who in turn, was only a follow-up to Reagan, who was a follow-up to Nixon, etc.), not "if".

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Education doesn't fix racism. How many educated white people voted for Trump?
Just because your have a degree doesn't mean your education is instilling values and principles.

It's less about just having people pass tests. Education should include shaping morals and perspectives on the world. I am not sure the US system gets that right. Even reciting the decleration of independence like it's a religious text sounds like a gateway to xenophobia.

Obviously that doesn't fix all racism in the US, but education and open exposure to other cultures in formative years I think could make a difference in some places.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
Nice sentiment, but ain't happening.

Dems need to do more outreach with religious orgs, if anything. Anyone with any ability to judge character at all knows that Trump is a giant loogie in the face of "Christian values", yet he pays the tiniest bit of lip service and has evangelicals eating from his hand. It really, really shouldn't be hard for politicians with actual empathy and compassion to make a far better case for themselves and their party as much better representatives of these supposed values than a dude that openly cheated on three wives and teargassed people to take a photo with a bible.

I'd like for us not to have to do that and for the seperation of church and state to be respected, of course, but you gotta play the game with the nation we've got, not the one we wish we had. Religion has way too strong a hold on too many Americans for a party to broadly try to avoid the subject. The more we keep direct engagement of the religious at arm's length, the more it plays into their narrative that liberals are godless heathens.

Brandson

Oct 26, 2017
Options:

1) elect Presidents by popular vote instead of EC
2) win the Senate, fix gerrymandering, and add DC and Puerto Rico as States, so gerrymandering can't come back
3) eliminate the Senate entirely

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Just because your have a degree doesn't mean your education is instilling values and principles.

It's less about just having people pass tests. Education should include shaping morals and perspectives on the world. I am not sure the US system gets that right. Even reciting the decleration of independence like it's a religious text sounds like a gateway to xenophobia.

Obviously that doesn't fix all racism in the US, but education and open exposure to other cultures in formative years I think could make a difference in some places.
Yeah our education is garbage. Standardized testing is the worst idea ever.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
For starters we need to tighten up our election security laws and make sure foreign interference can't be done so easily

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Can we perhaps make a law so that whoever runs for President needs to have served a minimum term in public office so that a fucking reality show host can't make it to the White House.
Honestly, while I never personally supported Trump, I did look at his victory as potential for all sorts of other people to potentially campaign for President. I mean, as long as you get someone who understands the point to appointing the right people to his/her cabinet, I don't see why we couldn't have people from all walks of life campaigning. I wouldn't mind having environmentalists, scientists and all sorts of other people who are very relevant to the state of the world running for office.

MrMattatee

Oct 27, 2017
Texas (aka, the upside down)
Figure out how to effectively regulate information provided by aggregator services that profit from individuals susceptible to confirmation bias (which is everyone). The truth doesn't matter to Facebook, Google News, etc. They just provide what they think you want to read.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Education doesn't fix racism. How many educated white people voted for Trump?
I think there needs to be a focus on education to increase peoples ability to think critically and not consume any lie and bullshit they hear like the MAGA brigade do.
How to tackle racism I'm not actually sure. Hopefully more progressive policies get pushed and the racists will just have to fucking put up with it *shrug*

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We need to make an example of Trump and we need to put him in jail. If we let him go free, others will do the same.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Besides getting rid of the EC which is just largely been wrong for a while, please no one can run for president without previous government experience. That way nobody one like Trump or even some joke candidate like Kayne can happen again.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Focus on education. Tackle income inequality. Have a good social safety net. Fix your democracy, stop being a two party system.

FOCUS ON EDUCATION!!

Gawge

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, Donald Trump gets 71 Million votes and how do we stop it happening again? Tinker with the voting system.

Realise that people want change, and offer change. Trump was so bad, and messed up Covid so badly, that standing some guy who didn't campaign and tried to appear as bland as possible just about did the job. That won't work the next time someone who is an actual competent populist fascist is on the ballot.

Inspire change. Genuine change. Look at Florida voting for Trump and $15 minimum wage. Radical policies on education, healthcare, the economy and climate are not only necessary for winning future elections, but they are necessary for our survival.

Oct 25, 2017
You can't. The best you can do is actually tackle the fundamental issues that exist with voting rights in this country, if you're suggesting things specifically to stop someone who is exactly like Donald Trump you're missing the point real fucking bad.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
We have to do better about countering the fear mongering from the right. Fox News has done its part to corrupt our parents/grandparents' generation, but people like Ben Shapiro, Candace Owens, Steven Crowder, etc., are fear mongering to young people. I've had friends fall into the idea that if Biden won, antifa would come to rape their wife, burn down their neighborhood, and indoctrinate their children to communism.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Pass a whole bunch of laws, for one. Education reform. Break up and regulate social media companies. Strengthen voting rights. Actually do something about fascism and white supremacy. Make an example of Donald Trump and all the people who enabled him. Oh and push for things like, affordable healthcare, workers protection, and better wages. Stop trying to extend olive branches to corporations and bigots.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Work on moving the overton window as far left as possible while you have power with big infrastructure projects and structural changes instead of pandering to racist and handing out corporate welfare.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
By VOTING. Every election. By talking with your peers about the importance of voting. By calling out BULLSHIT the moment you see it.

By being ever aware, and continue to participate in our democracy.

Don't stop now. This is the beginning, not the end.

Furio

Oct 25, 2017
bring back fairness doctrine
focus on education
make voting easier for everyone
get rid of citizens united