• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
If i do nothing its going to be that awful bieber thing

justinbieberhairstyle.jpg

I call it the Disney child actor cut. Their hair wrapped around their heads forming a shell of some kind.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Taught myself how to fade my own hair (double-mirror to view back of the head!), been doing it for 13 years now about once a month.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
I think the barbers on post are still open BUT I'm gonna pretend like they aren't and grow out my hair for once.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've got a gnarly quarantine beard. I had a BIG trim scheduled the day after everything ended up closing here. It's far too large for me to handle myself at this point so I'm just gonna let it ride.

As for haircuts, I have an appointment April 11th. I don't know if it will happen or not. If not, I'll just embrace full on shagginess. I've been laid off so nothing matters anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
I assumed people could just wait until this situation gets better to get a haircut. It's not like anyone is going to care about your haircut while in quarantine or anything

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I actually found a hair cutting kit today at my local Kroger. I don't think I can make it until the barber shop opens.

pvin626

Nov 16, 2017
I get a haircut every two weeks, zero sides mid/high fade, trim on top. It's been three weeks since my last cut. I'm thinking of just letting it grow out, I've had long hair before so I won't mind. But I just miss the clean-cut feeling. :((

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I needed a haircut before this thing went down so...split ends it is for a while! Trying to moisturize it as well as I can.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
I buzzed mine 2-3 weeks ago, I like it. I might permanently go like this, never liked getting my haircut.

It's looking a li' fuzzy on the sides, might try a fade. If I fuck it up, I can just go all over again.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
My stylist is closed until May at the earliest, so I guess I'm just dealing with it. I would never, ever cut my own hair. It's way too complex to do that.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
You guys realize the issue with barbers isn't the salon/shop, it's that the barber is standing in dozens of peoples faces for 30min - hour at a time? "Mine works from home" is the opposite of any kind of vote of confidence, cause you're not special, they're still doing dozens of their other clients.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I've always cut my own hair since I was in high school, I'm pretty good at it. Now that I'm not going anywhere I've let it grow. Maybe I'll continue to let it grow, get some Killmonger locks.

You guys realize the issue with barbers isn't the salon/shop, it's that the barber is standing in dozens of peoples faces for 30min - hour at a time? "Mine works from home" is the opposite of any kind of vote of confidence, cause you're not special, they're still doing dozens of their other clients.
Yep, can't do that now, even if they work from home, it's not safe for them or you.

Oct 25, 2017
I have successfully cut my hair twice. I usually cut once every two weeks. I'm pretty OCD about it.

Came out good both times ;)

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm at the point I'm just gonna let my partner have a shot at cutting my hair. Need to find out what the most fool-proof way is with just a Wahl trimmer..

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I learned how my barber cut my hair and have had my gf cut it the same way for a year now. It was a risk at first, but it is pretty straight forward, so it worked out for this situation.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I cut my own hair. It's pretty much a buzzcut, just a number 1 comb all over my head.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Well, i had a bet with some friends to not cut my hair or trim my beard from the day hockey ended till it started again, starting from the first day of the Swedish playoffs....the playoffs never started so i'm kinda looking like a hobo now and will do so till the next season starts in mid september.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
So far, nothing, since I happened to get a haircut right before this stuff started. But, I'm getting to the point where I'd at least want the back and sides touched up, so I'll either have to just let it go, or come up with a plan to do it myself or have my wife do it. Maybe we'll buy some clippers and try teach ourselves to do a serviceable taper. It would be nice to have that option and know-how, even when salons and barber shops are open again.

The ease of just buzzing it all off is pretty appealing, but I have a beautiful, full head of hair and have a big-ass head. So it would probably look bad, and I'm too vain. :)

Last edited:

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Update.

I shave my head clean every day with a disposable razor. I just realized I can do it while riding my bike in my tiny home gym. What a time saver! I wouldn't do that if anyone else ever used that space, because while the bike is on a giant office chair mat, and there's literally zero debris, a skinhead shaving their head isn't the most soothing thing for cleanfreaks to think about. If the missus ever realizes I'm doing it, she'll flip out.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
My girlfriend and I cut each other's hair. I'm sorry to say I think I have a little more talent in that area 😑

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I've been growing my hair out for a while. Makes it annoying to put a mask on if I have to tie it, so I've been putting my hair in a ponytail.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Are there any good YouTube tutorials for cutting your own hair? I was about due for a haircut when my area shut down and it's getting a little ridiculous. I'm pretty scared to just go for it, I like my hair a little long and I really don't want to get into a situation where I have to resort to a buzzcut to fix a mistake.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Just doing a shape-up myself but that's it.

I suck at anything hair related so me doing anything else will result in disaster.

I need my faaaaaade ):

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I've been wrestling with this. I am scheduled for my every-four-weeks haircut this Thursday, but that is obviously not happening, so I am left with three choices: 1) use my clippers and basically buzz it off, 2) let my wife try to cut it even though she has no experience in that arena, or 3) let it grow. I am almost certainly going with option 3. I've always thought it would be fun to just go, like, a year without shaving or getting a haircut, and this seems like as good a time as any to start seeing how that goes.

Pyke Presco

Dec 3, 2017
Not a single damn thing! This is my only reasonable excuse to grow my hair for the first time in 10 years of military service, so you'd better believe I'm not bothering to do anything until actually required. Just really sad that I actually got a haircut like 3 days before the work from home directive came out; I could have had an extra 2 weeks of growth at this point.

Unfortunately, as soon as I get called into the office or tasked to deploy for something I'll take some clippers to it and go right down to a 1 (since I can't really tidy up my neckline properly on my own, I'll just make it super short until I can actually get to a barber), but until that point? Letting it ride!

Oct 27, 2017
I buzzed my head for the first time ever yesterday, I'm no longer a slave to Big Hair Product. My mom's reaction was gold, but I mean, it grows back. Just didn't want to deal with washing it as it got thicker.