• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Richardbro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nintendo Switch Pro possibly? BOTW 2?

We don't really know Nintendo's plans as usual after the first quarter.

There will likely be a Nintendo direct in January or February.

I am hoping for Mario Odyssey 2 in the 4th quarter. I am also expecting a Zelda limited collection for the anniversary as we all are.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
Not really an expectation, but i hope botw 2 runs well on the base switch, if they release it with swith pro

Mar 3, 2018
Zelda anniversary collection
Botw2 trailer
Possibly a Switch Pro event with a release later in the year ?

no clue honestly since pandemic happened and is still affecting things for the next few months at the minimum.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I expect an ace or two up their sleeve to address next-gen competition. Maybe a new model, probably a couple heavy-hitting games (Pokemon Gen 9, BotW2, etc).

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I bought my Switch because of Xenoblade 2. I got Xenoblade DE as a bonus and I really hope we get a new Monolith game in 2021.

I'll be there for BOTW2 and other nice games, but really, all I need on Switch is Monolith.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
The sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild...

...is still in development.

Honestly they must have a lot of stuff they wanted to talk about last year that got pushed due to Covid. I'm expecting a stronger year in 2021 with less ports and more original games. I mean they're straight up running out of stuff to port at this point anyways.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Breath of the Wild 2 is the big finale at the end of the year, but I'm expecting something else Zelda-related too since it's the 35th Anniversary. I'd love a surprise Four Swords Adventure port, I think it's the perfect game for Switch.

Realistically I think a Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD bundle is more realistic, since it seems like they're wanting to port a lot of the Wii U games to Switch and those haven't been pushed over yet.

I'm absolutely expecting some form of hardware to come out this year too.

HouseAR

May 17, 2020
as they are selling like crazy, very little.... in typical Nintendo style (can't blame them though)

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I expect a decent year. Breath of the Wild 2, at the very least, but maybe a couple of big surprises along the way!

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Not necessarily releasing but I hope we get more concrete news regarding :

Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4
3D Mario team new game
Mario Kart team new game
Monolith Soft new game

Otherwise I hope the Metroid V rumors are real and I'd be really happy with a new Rhythm Heaven, also gonna be shocked if BOTW 2 doesn't come out in 2021

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario 3D World
Bravely Default 2
Buddy Mission Bond
Famicon Detective Club Remake
Metroid V
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
BOTW2
Xenoblade something
Mario Kart 10
Splatoon 3
Bayonetta 3
Donkey Kong 3D
Pokemon duh

May 19, 2020
Not necessarily releasing but I hope we get more concrete news regarding :

Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime 4
LkgpGnX.jpg

Taurus

Banned
Jun 15, 2018
Zelda Maker
BotW2
Switch Pro
F-Zero SX
Star Fox Alliance
Star Tropics 3
Super Wario World

Metroid Prime 4 is 2022-2023 likely

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Honestly I'm less fussed about Nintendo first party next year due to SMTIII, SMTV, Monster Hunter Rise, MH Stories 2, Ys IX and a load of other lengthy games. Just finishing off the year with BOTW2 would be fine by me.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
I'm not expecting a Switch 2 or Pro next year. I won't say no, but with sales still strong for the OG and Lite models I don't think they have a big impetus for a refresh right now. If anything a price drop would be more likely.

I am hoping that they reveal progress on Bayo 3, MP4 and BotW 2 even if they don't release. Also whatever happened with the Splatoon team's teases at the end of last year / start of this year.

And I'm curious to see what the AC team does with a whole new year ahead of them and their approach to patching in new events makes me hopeful year 2 isn't just the same as this past year.

But overall I'm not super concerned about Nintendo next year. I've got plenty of their titles I'm still working through and all the work they've done with indies over the last decade I think is starting to pay off to help keep a good flow of new games to the system, even if all the big players can't bring their titles over to the Switch.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
In addition to what's been announced:

Animal Crossing DLC to celebrate one year anniversary (Q2)
Pikmin 4 (Q2)
Mario Kart 9 announcement, 2022 Q1 release
Kirby something (Q3)
Mario Odyssey 2 announcement, 2022 Q3 release
BOTW2 (Q4)
Mario Strikers (Q3)
Bayo 3 2022 Q2 release date
MP4 Q1 2023 release date

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hardware

Switch hardware revision, it's time
Something else no one asked for

Games I'm expecting/predicting 100%

BOTW2 stays 2021 release
Zelda 35th anniversary collection that will annoy many but sell lots
Camelot's next Mario sports game (Mario Golf, they're so predictable now lol)
DK game by Nintendo EPD
2D Metroid
Warioware
Pokemon game (Diamond/Pearl remakes?)
Bayonetta 3 reveal + release in 2021

Last edited:

tatwo

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
All I want is BotW2.

More content and features for Mario Maker 2 would be nice but I know they already abandoned it.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
  • Diamond/Pearl remakes
  • BotW2
  • A new DK game from Nintendo EPD
  • 3D Zelda ports
    • Skyward Sword HD will get its own release
  • Detective Pikachu 2
  • 2D Metroid
  • Enhanced Switch

Alecs27

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
I want to jump in Metroid Prime series, so I want those games remastered Nintendo, thank you.
And yeah, 'best of' of Zelda too.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of Zelda stuff (BOTW2, Four Swords HD, Collection or Remasters, Game & Watch Zelda 1).

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Metroid Prime Collection, Bayo 3, and BOTW2 seem like the obvious choices. Somehow though I'm expecting to be disappointed.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting a Switch 2 or Pro next year. I won't say no, but with sales still strong for the OG and Lite models I don't think they have a big impetus for a refresh right now. If anything a price drop would be more likely.

New hardware is planned years in advance. It's not something they can easily delay much even if their current sales are better than expected.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I want that 2D Metroid, like really really bad.
The new Monolith game would be great but if they manage to get an extended development cycle I'd be all for it, plus having Xenoblade DE in 2020 the Xenoblade IP could rest for 2021, that is if the game that is further in development is a Xenoblade game, of course.
Also some Nintendo reboots plz, give the Kid Icarus treatment to some older IPs, make 'em shine.
I think the Spaltoon spin-off is also overdue and if it doesn't show up it probably never existed (which would be a shame).

Jan 11, 2018
Besides what's been confirmed,

BotW 2
Some sort of Zelda collection
Metroid 5
Pokemon Snap
Bayonetta 3
New EPD Tokyo game (either DK or Odyssey 2)
New Kirby game
New Mario Sports or Party game
Arms 2 or something else from that team.

It should be a really strong year overall. I think Prime 4 will be properly revealed late in the year with a 2022 release date. Also hoping against hope for Pikmin 4, as I always do.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
  1. BOTW 2
  2. Switch Pro
  3. New Mario Kart carts to use with Mario Kart live (turtle, peach, wario etc)
  4. Odyssey 2
  5. Switch Sports

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
We'll finally get the Wii U port we deserve but not the one we need right now, Batman Arkham City Armored Edition.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Mother 3's official release and the announcement of a new Mother trilogy helmed by Itoi

(expectations = fervent hopes and wildly unlikely dreams yes?)

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
For stuff that isn't dated I assume this is the year for Breath of the Wild sequel & Bayo 3. Personally just ready for them to announce their next Fire Emblem project.