• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I saw this in theaters, I remember thinking the plot was "meh" but there were some good action scenes like when Arnold was on the crane but other than that and a female Terminator. There was nothing particularly memorable about it

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely the best movie in the franchise after the first two.

The ending was sort of a WTF the first time you see it. Arnold looks almost exactly like he did back in T2 which was really impressive.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
There were some funny moments, but it was bad overall. None of the action stood out.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
It is the worst Terminator film by a wide margin, which is quite a feat.

A bleak ending and Sergeant Candy can't overcome the terrible everything else.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
It's a bad movie.

It's decent particularly compared to the other movies that came after.

Ha. I mean sure.

Man, I wish the Bale Terminator went with the original ending. The idea of...

The only way John Conner being the leader of the resistance could ever actually be successful was because it was just a T-100 unit using his skin is pretty god damn incredible

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
This is going to get a LOT of hate- but I think it has the potential to be as good as the new Terminator movie. The trailers for Dark Fate don't inspire any confidence in me that it'll be better than mediocre. I don't think T3 had any expectations around it, while Dark Fate has very high expectations, and as a result I think both will be very comparable.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
It's a parody of the Terminator films and the special effects have aged like garbage outside of a handful of moments.

I watched it on TV the other day and couldn't believe how bad the entire climax looked when the TX crashes the helicopter into the bomb shelter. The helicopter's textures were like, blurry. lol

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
It's the best of a bad batch of sequels. The villain is really bad but there's a rad set piece with the crane truck and a few cool/funny bits here and there. Does have the advantage of not featuring Edward Furlong.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
It's a fun action flick if you can divorce it from the franchise, but can't support the weight of what came before it.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
Nick Stahl (remember him?!) didn't work out as Connor. But Danes and Arnie worked just fine. So were the action scenes for the most part.

(also, the Silberman cameo, lol)

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally, I like it less than Terminator Genisys. My preference of the series is Terminator 2 >= Terminator 1 > Terminator Genisys > Terminator Salvation > Terminator 3

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It was way too silly a turn for Skynet at that point with that tech. Oh look, mini fly thing, oh look, massive T1. It just wasn't believable that it didn't blow itself up. What is with making Terminators so robotic and daft looking instead of blending in. The jokes were so bad. Hated Conner. I guess some action scenes were okay except cars driving themselves, now that was stupid, the heavy fights were cool to a point, crotch joke aside. The end, yeah, not a bad twist but good luck fixing that ankle John!

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It was a dub movie, why Skynet sent a less advanced Terminator than the T-1000???

The ending was cool.

Oct 27, 2017
It was fine. I think the fact that multiple subsequent equals being mediocre or bad in the case of Salvation helped it in hindsight.

It's an extremely standard movie for the majority of its run time, it really doesn't do anything all
that interesting until the last 30 minutes or so. Skippable but not the worst

I know this is not a popular opinion but honestly if it wasn't for the bad casting of Sarah and Kyle, Genisys would've been pretty good.

It was a dub movie, why Skynet sent a less advanced Terminator than the T-1000???

The ending was cool.

There's actually some lore on that. The T 1000 was so advanced with its learning capabilities that Skynet only built one of them, because if it really let loose it was afraid the T1000 would end up becoming fully autonomous, superseding Skynet and taking over.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it enough. Liked the ending. Like a 7/10 movie, definitely the best after 2 and 1.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's not a great movie, but if you disassociate the fact it's following up one of the greatest action movies ever made, it's brainless fun with some pretty good ideas randomly in there (and a lot of bad ones).
tumblr_nk10fyECWw1rcnqeto1_540.gif

I also liked the idea that the Arnold Terminator sent back is established as 100% different than the one from T2 and was actually THE Terminator that actually killed John in the future. That's some heavy time travel headtrip stuff I love and expect.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
It's a 5/10 watchable. I can watch it and enjoy It. But it's just okay. Without an incredible ending it'd be a lot worse in my scoring.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It's a retread of T2 that is pretty entertaining, but not particularly memorable or special. Cool ending though (that was ignored by later films). That said, it's way better than the two films that followed it.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Having a female terminator was badass and the chase scene with the crane machine was pretty sweet too.

Writing killed it. Also not dark enough for a Terminator movie.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
A good movie if you can accept it's nowhere near as good as 1 and 2. The elton john glasses and talk to duh hand are dogshit but I liked the performances and the ending is fucking BALLER.

Best of the sequels (lol).

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Shitty film, cool ending.

^
The ending reveal is perfectly paced too - the arrival at the oddly quiet hanger, then suddenly the fight to distract you from questions, then the elevator ride that starts making you wonder WTF is happening, then the big reveal as you piece together what just happened at basically the same pace as the characters. Shame the rest of the movie doesn't hold up (good action though)

Salvation's salvation is its action set pieces, has little else going for it and the stories about Bale insisting Conner should be the focus explains a lot about the movie. I guess I did like the small world building bits.

I actually felt Genisys started off really strongly with the future intro, then went to shit when it went back to the past.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Its kind of like Batman Forever.

Its shit, but given what came after, it looks better by comparison.

Deleted member 19218

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not as good as the first two and not as bad as the ones that came after.

If you watch it and expect a more simpler movie that's a bit lighter in tone then you probably won't be disappointed. I enjoy it but only because I keep my expectations in check.