• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
I mean..people must be deaf not to appreciate an outstanding OST like Gestalt or Automata's. Looks like many here are mistaking the OST with their favorite games and posting some random bullshit pretending it's on top of Automata's OST. Wtf is wrong with ya'll.. (hoping my honest opinion won't make mad anybody here and lead to any possible ban just because some random dude gets easily "offended" when the truth is spoken.)

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
It's like people just choose to forget 20 years of soundtracks when they make claims like this. Chrono Cross? Persona 4 and 5? Final Fantasy XIII (or take your pick, really)? Undertale? Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2? Anything by Jeremy Soule (his own shittiness aside)?

That's not The Witcher 3. It's good, but not the greatest.
This, it's Witcher 3 and it's not even close.
The Witcher 3 had music?

Last edited:

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, in a world where Halo, Final Fantasy, Mario, DOOM, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, ect. all exist why would anyone think this?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The only thing I can remember from the soundtrack is THIS CANNOT CONTINUE and BECOME AS GODS.

And nah it sure as hell ain't The Wticher either lmao

No, in a world where Halo, Final Fantasy, Mario, DOOM, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, ect. all exist why would anyone think this?
Throw Mega Man, Ace Attorney and basically every fighting game series in that list as well

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only played about 3 or 4 hours of Nier Automata and although it's good Persona 4 Golden almost certainly has it beat.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Legend of Mana >>>>>>>>>>>

Being really honest, i played Nier Automata kinda recently and i can't really remember most of the ost. I really love the one that plays in the amusement park tho, that moment was really beautiful.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Dude it's really good. I was pretty salty Persona 5 didn't win best OST at the time, but you have to respect Automata's OST for sure.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No, we are not in agreement, lol.
It's a particularly great OST, but there are imo better.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
I mean

Hell no

Type-B and Type-C are bangers too.

Edit: I meant OG Tetris on the Game Boy but screw it, it's not a bad remix.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its one of the best of all time

Chrono Cross has a better one however

As does Lineage 2 and FFXIV

Last edited:

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
The only video game OST that's better is OG Nier. Both OSTs are amazing and I listen to them almost daily.

Last edited:

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who has played both NieR knows the first one is superior.

Automata's best songs are from the first game.

The only good thing automata has done is raise awareness for the first game.

No, don't reply to this message, do yourself a favor and listen to this:

Last edited:

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
It's certainly in my top 5 of the last decade.

Some others, arranged in whatever order my mood currently follows:

Nier
Octopath Traveler
Final Fantasy XIV

My favorite of all time is still Chrono Cross though.

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
I understand your opinion its quitea good ost, but like, you gotta stop making opinions as objective statements its silly.

For what its worth, for me my personal best is the ost for the Wonderful 101.

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
Automata winning best ost of the year at the game awards made me both happy and salty because it's just further proof that the first NieR should've won too the year it was released. Too bad platinum wasn't around then to make what's seen as good combat to the general public.

saiko

Nov 4, 2017
It's up there for sure. Weight of the World still gets me.

Also, THIS CANNOT CONTINUE. THIS CANNOT CONTINUE.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
It's like 2nd or 3rd...

Chrono Cross is always going to an undisputed #1. There's also Xenoblade Chronicles and it's direct sequel to contend with. FFVIII is right there too and only seems to be getting better with time.Then don't forget original Nier.