• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now to jog some memory...

www.eurogamer.net

Leaks suggest Nintendo's Retro Studios making Star Fox racing spin-off

A round of internet leaks has suggested Nintendo's Retro Studios - developer of the Metroid Prime trilogy - is working …

Star Fox Grand Prix was suppose to be a spin-off game made by Retro with game being compared to Diddy Kong Racing, having boss fights, hub world and gameplay elements from the Star Fox series. It was apparently a looker too.

So what's the deal with? Well.....

Starlink was revealed to have exclusive Star Fox content for the Switch version a month later at E3. While it didn't matchup with everything in the rumor(a racing mode did come in later in a expansion) this was the point where people were going "hmmm" and for the rumor to start falling apart. Continuedly on mention of this rumored title died down with "insiders" not mention it much or if at all anymore with some saying that it was just all fact.

Now in regards.....

www.relyonhorror.com

Sources: PlayStation Backs Silent Hill Series Reboot & Silent Hills Revival

The fog thins on the future of the Silent Hill franchise with an exclusive news update regarding the future of one of gaming's greatest horror franchises!

The rumored Silent Hill game was new game/Reboot being pushed by Sony and being made by their Japan Studio with members of Team Silent. This one is more recent than Grand Prix, but it apparently it had backing to seem like it could be real thing with some details of it even coming from here. I know there also something relating to Kojima being involved or whatever but that was extremely fuzzy shit.

Of course though in December of last year Toyama, who was suppose to be the helm of the rumored project announced that he and a few others from Japan Studio left to form a new studio called Bokeh Game Studio. Of course though the rumor could persist as he could be making a new Silent Hill title with his new studio, but then later they announced it would be new multiplatform horror IP with PC as the lead platform.

www.ign.com

Silent Hill and Gravity Rush Creator's New Project Will Be a Horror Action-Adventure Game, Aiming for 2023 - IGN

Silent Hill's creator says he's working on a multi-platform, horror-themed action-adventure that will appeal to fans of his earlier work - and is aiming for a 2023 release.

So *shrugs*

Like they're both interesting things not gonna lie but what the hell happened with both of these? was it just a really bad game of telephone or what?

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Fairly sure there is something Silent Hill coming, but the facts around it I am pretty sure are bullshit.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, I'm sure someone saw 'The Medium' and just assumed it was Silent Hill and that, of course, would mean it's a PlayStation exclusive.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm sure someone saw 'The Medium' and just assumed it was Silent Hill and that, of course, would mean it's a PlayStation exclusive.

I completely forgot about this and I'm not even fully sure what the hell it was for but I know the situation was just fucking wack either way.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't exist.

People wanna believe because the insiders said so. But that's because they're used to the old GAF days when vetted insiders actually had good info. This isn't the case anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
Silent Hill: Grand Fox

A Silent Hill game that reveals that it ain't Mira that's running the show in Silent Hill, it's the Grand Fox who's behind it all. And you gotta participate in a race against the fox to escape Silent Hill and save your life.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
At this point yes. It's time to

BRGlogo01_fix_130515.0.jpg

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I thought that Star Fox Grand Prix was revealed to have been purposefully fake info to weed out where leaks were coming from? I could've sworn this was revealed a few months ago and I hope that I'm not just making shit up here

For Silent Hill, who knows what's up, but Dusk Golem says it's happening and he hasn't been proven wrong with any of his info yet, but I also don't know his credibility with Konami/Sony stuff, only Resident Evil stuff mostly

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Its gonna be at the next e3. Or if not the next one. Or the one after that. Just you wait and see.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For Silent Hill, who knows what's up, but Dusk Golem says it's happening and he hasn't been proven wrong with any of his info yet, but I also don't know his credibility with Konami/Sony stuff, only Resident Evil stuff mostly

a new Silent Hill could be a thing, but one with this particular rumor? I doubt it at this point.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'll put my money on it being a 2022 game made by Japan Studios and we'll get a reveal either this Summer or Fall. 2021's already got a massively stacked lineup, so I'm gonna guess this will be aiming to be part of the 2022 lineup.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought that Star Fox Grand Prix was revealed to have been purposefully fake info to weed out where leaks were coming from? I could've sworn this was revealed a few months ago and I hope that I'm not just making shit up here

if i'm not mistaken, dusk has talked about a silent hill project being in the works, but doesn't specify japan studio.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Right now, my guess for Silent Hill on "PS5" is

- Not developed by SCEJ (Though might assist ala Nioh)
- Sony has marketing rights
- Cross-gen
- Western Developed

We'll see what happens, but IMO some are setting themselves up for disappointment with some of their expectations. So I hope that whatever gets revealed, people don't instantly turn on it if it isn't the game they were expecting it to be (Japanese Dev with Horror Icons attached and a Huge Budget). We can always get that stuff later, Silent Hill coming back in a good form is the most important first aspect.

In my mind, I would expect a new SH to be similar to RE7. Will be a good/great game that has its shortcomings but will be able to iron that out as things go on. You can't typically make something like SH2 out of the gate, especially when you're looking at such a gap between game and different studios.

Oct 16, 2020
I never understood this rumor. Sony already hired ex Team Silent staff to make a horror game with Siren. Why not reboot that rather than pay a ton and give creative control to Konami just for a name?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Hope it isn't exclusive if it is coming, Konami are smarter than that.

At this point, I feel exclusivity just means timed in one way or another. Seems no Third Party Publisher these days wants to leave money on the table by ignoring PC. Wouldn't be a stretch considering how Death Stranding went and the murmurs about FF7R for PC.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
Lot of this rumor sounds more like wishful thinking rather than actual fact.
The issue is that people are starting to get disappointed in something that doesn't exist.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
The rumours and leaks are more wishful thinking than anything else. It was gonna be shown at the beginning of last year, then at the middle, then at the end, then at..

JT60564

Oct 19, 2020
Maybe Konami was shopping the IP around at one point but we've seen no evidence a new SH is a thing. I would guess they explored the idea of licensing to another studio but nothing ever came of it, the kind of thing that happens all the time. Would love to be wrong but there's just nothing backing up these rumors other than wishful thinking.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Inflammatory Point of Comparison
Is this what it feels like to be QAnon?

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 months): misrepresenting a staff post to attack other users
Reminder. Edited for emphasis as pertaining to this discussion
KatharsisT has been vetted concerning Kojima and Silent Hill stuff. We're fairly certain they are in a position where they might know things about those subjects. As far as anything else goes, for example general Sony stuff, they have not been vetted by staff. If they'd like to reach out about anything else, we're more than happy to talk.

Keep in mind, being vetted doesn't mean that information is 100% accurate. It just means that we have been shown they are in a position where they have access to legitimate information.
For Silent Hill. They might have info. This is walking back somewhat from an earlier Admins post that they 100% believe them but we shall see where the cards fall. For other things they claim (MGS/BP) they are not vetted.

noinspiration

Jun 22, 2020
I think I read that the total sales for the series is around 9 million? If that number is roughly correct, I'm having a hard time imagining Konami (or other publishers, since that's part of the rumor) falling all over themselves to bring it back.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Hype pretty much died when Toyama left Sony. I don't buy that he was involved and the project is pretty much finished when we have seen 0 of it. Expectations at an all time low if it's western developed.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was interested in this rumor when it was possibly Team Siren making it, but now...

Well at least now Toyama is making his own horror game.

JT60564

Oct 19, 2020
Is this what it feels like to be QAnon?

I wouldn't want to draw an equivalence between a few SH rumors on a gaming forum and a violent fascist doomsday cult, but it is a little off-putting to see so many declare unconditional faith in some Era insiders. I've even seen concern trolling in other threads about how rumor skepticism is "driving away the forum insiders" or some such. All unconfirmed rumors should be taken with a big grain of salt or you are setting yourself up for major disappointment. Folks shouldn't let their eagerness for another SH game get in the way of good judgment.

Personally I've seen enough to reasonably conclude a new SH does not exist. Too many prophecies unfulfilled with convenient after-the-fact justification. From what I can tell, DG only seems to say with certainty that Konami was shopping the IP around to developers at some point. Which might have been true, but does not necessarily mean that anything came of it or that a new game is in development. Ideas are explored but quietly dropped all the time in this business. I would love to be wrong but...

Anyway it's unfortunate for us that Konami doesn't want to utilize their classic IP for new games but that's just how it is and there are plenty of other great games out there to play instead.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Maybe a new Silent Hill project is in the works; that part could be accurate; but even if the project exists I very much doubt that Japan Studio are the lead devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.