• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
And we still have no solid footage from current gen consoles or the PC version other than this 30 second "tech preview":

And some dev build footage of the One X version. I honestly don't know if I should be excited for it since I haven't seen the PC version maxed out and I've been holding off on buying it because of that. I'm sure DF already has a PC breakdown video ready for release, but it's kinda weird that a remaster for one of the most visually impressive games of 2007 is releasing in 4 days and all we got is one twitter screenshot. Do you recall any other game not having any substantial footage so close to release?

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I would have bought that remake for the next gen console.
But i think the VTOL level is missing, and they again messed up the suit powers by making them action linked.

I would love to hear a confirmation that this is not the case, but until now i'm out...

EDIT:
It was brought up that both things are in, if there is some confirmation about that please let me know.

Last edited:

BoxScar

Jul 21, 2020
Yeah, I was going to buy day 1 as I have that £10 epic voucher from the sale, but I was hoping for maybe some more footage.

The recomended specs are pretty good, so I'm hoping it runs well enough.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
But i think the VTOL level is missing, and they again messed up the suit powers by making them action linked.

I would love to hear a confirmation that this is not the case, but until now i'm out...
Both have been confirmed I believe.

That said, the VTOL level *sucks*.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017

Wait, as someone who played the 360 version, I was unaware an entire level was cut out! Was it just the one? And, dam it sucks that it'll probably be cut again. I personally that's a deal breaker for me. Shame to. Guess I'll just play the original version on pc now that I have access to something that can play it 😂 (Dont judge me, I just prefer playing on a console just because of how my set up is, well set up, though I'm slowly just moving towards pc anyway 😅)

OP
OP
Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Wait, as someone who played the 360 version, I was unaware an entire level was cut out! Was it just the one? And, dam it sucks that it'll probably be cut again. I personally that's a deal breaker for me. Shame to. Guess I'll just play the original version on pc now that I have access to something that can play it 😂 (Dont judge me, I just prefer playing on a console just because of how my set up is, well set up, though I'm slowly just moving towards pc anyway 😅)
It was 1 level where you fly a VTOL, tbh I only remember it as a slideshow back at release, I don't recall playing that mission at an acceptable framerate ever.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
Surely the 30 series cards will be benched with this on Wednesday for the review embargo?

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

EDIT:
It was brought up that both things are in, if there is some confirmation about that please let me know.
Suit powers being action linked is a dealbreaker for me. The PC version was perfectly playable with a controller before, I don't understand why they needed to simplify it. It doesn't play well.

If the power wheel is in as an option, I'm picking this up.

OP
OP
Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Not confirmed yet actually!

IMO wait for reviews.
I guess that's what I'll have to do...Sucks, since it's still the same "game", story and gameplay wise, so it'll have the same "faults" it had back in 2007, but I loved it. Would've been great to know if the tech upgrade is substantial enough to warrant another purchase, guess we'll find out.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

Just the VTOL level is missing.
I played that with about 8 - 15fps on PC.
I'm not sure if it is missing again...
The biggest let down would be "streamlined" suit powers.

OP
OP
Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Just the VTOL level is missing.
I played that with about 8 - 15fps on PC.
I'm not sure if it is missing again...
The biggest let down would be "streamlined" suit powers.
Yeah, not a fan of the streamlined suit powers either, hopefully there's an option to enable the original suit power selection wheel.

WarReadyVet

Jun 15, 2020
I thought the original's game play was kind of boring and shallow. Prettiest of pretty graphics aside - this game was sorely in need of more of the FFVII:R treatment than just a spiffed up re-release.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Yeah, not a fan of the streamlined suit powers either, hopefully there's an option to enable the original suit power selection wheel.

I have no clue why they got rid of that.
It already has a selection wheel, and it is perfectly usable on PC with controller.
These are not some 1 2 3 4 shortcuts.
It doesn't make sense and is for me a complete let down.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Isn't it already out on Switch? Ironically that's where I want it the most.

But who am I kidding, I'll buy this on PC as well.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I thought the original's game play was kind of boring and shallow. Prettiest of pretty graphics aside - this game was sorely in need of more of the FFVII:R treatment than just a spiffed up re-release.

I think it was anything but. There is a lot of depth to the gameplay, the problem was that Crysis didn't do as good a job at encouraging players to experiment as something like Half-Life 2. Understandable, since one is a sandbox and the other a linear shooter, but Crysis would have benefitted a lot from the addition of various scenarios that essentially forced the creative use of the suit's powers. Players that weren't willing to make their own fun (like me) ended up treating Crysis as a conventional stealth game or shooter. The game started to shine for me on additional playthroughs once I purposefully ignored the most obvious path to each objective and started exploring alternative options.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i'll probably buy it because i'm in that df demo of being old and well, crysis. that'll make like my 47th dip over the decades. still less than streetfighter 2 tho!

i'd also like to get a switch mostly just to go wow, crysis in my hand. and not enjoy it lol.

that said the dirty secret is never actually much enjoy the crysis games. even the ballyhooed first one.

OP
OP
Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
i'll probably buy it because i'm in that df demo of being old and well, crysis. that'll make like my 47th dip over the decades. still less than streetfighter 2 tho!

i'd also like to get a switch mostly just to go wow, crysis in my hand. and not enjoy it lol.

that said the dirty secret is never actually much enjoy the crysis games. even the ballyhooed first one.
I'm still holding off just because I have a bad feeling that the PC version might just be the console port which would make it inferior to my GOG or even Steam version of the game regardless of the cpu optimization....

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Yeah but the PC version doesn't release in a decent platform until a year later so... see you in 369 days

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I would love to buy it. The best Crysis with exciting new tech like hardware accelerated Ray Tracing and DLSS. Right before a new Generation of GPU launches
Unfortunately the decision was made to make it EGS exclusive and I don't support those kind of shenanigans.
It's actually kind of sad, because they care about their PC community?

Anyway, not much I can do. Maybe in 369 days.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
It'd actually be interesting if they tried to at least make some balance tweaks to the later levels. I don't even know if I'm gonna play those levels if I get the remaster.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
I played Crysis 2 and 3 on the 360 but I've never played the orginal, so I might give this a go.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait. Hopefully the PC manages to impress for a remaster with all Raytracing effects cranked up and hopefully extreme LoD option.

Alxjn

Nov 17, 2017
Can't say im very optimistic when they're being so secretive about showing it off.