• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I was browsing Twitter as usual, when this popped up on my feed and caught my attention:

We're likely a bit over two months before the release of next gen consoles, and while still not having prices and launch games is still ridiculous, the fact that we have pretty much nothing besides a few BC games running on Series X is even weirder. Of course, we have gotten some gameplay of XGS games running on PC so it's not like the games aren't coming, and we know Microsoft still has another event scheduled for next month so they could be waiting for that, so it's not a huge deal or anything. I just find it odd.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It's strange.

Same thing happened with Xbox 360 but it made sense then as they were so close to the wire. But Phil has had a XSX at home since December.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yea its weird . Everything we have seen for xsx has been on similarly specced pc . Maybe with xss reveal this month ??

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
That first post flop... yikes.

Gimme some good solid footage even though I'm pretty sure it'll be a pass at launch. But they could still wow me!

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
If they do the event in September and we see nothing from it, then it may be time for someone to ask questions. As it is currently I think the entire launch of both of the consoles is absurd, considering they launch in just over 2 months and we know so little.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I guess outside of minecraft and gears 5, no. I'm not worried though. It should be fine. Whenever their next event is will have gameplay, I'm hopeful.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully we'll get a gameplay blowout in September. If not and we're in October, MS is just not ready for next-gen.

VivekTO

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have the same thought when i saw the latest call of duty trailer , It said it was captured on PS5, so even third parties showcasing the "gameplay" on PS5, But i think there is not many gameplay footage of actual Series X game releasing this holiday, Not even for games like valhalla or grid, which is slightly weird.

Edit: lol!

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I heard Digital Foundry voice the same complaints, and they said they had seen things running on the console themselves so it made less sense that MS is holding it back.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017
Were they super late with dev kits? It would be kind of astounding if they were, given that they're getting trounced this generation and should have been banking on the next generation for years.

The Xbox division really is in a peculiar place. They're hitting grand slams in some areas - such as studio acquisitions and Game Pass - and completely falling over their own feet in others (the Halo reveal, the general dearth of gameplay videos from the world's most powerful console).

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Have they ever said if that gameplay trailer for The Medium was running on PC or Series X? I guess I'd lean towards PC since it doesn't actually say in trailer.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
At the Series S reveal probably, they need to do the Side by Side comparisons.
That's would be an interesting marketing strategy.

If the game looks a lot worst on the Series S it would make the Series X more appealing and people will question why the Series S even exists. On the flip side if the game looks barely different people would question what's the point of paying so much for the Series X.

It would be a lose-lose situation.

General_Frags

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
It pretty obvious that the Series X was only recently completed and there's hardly any software working on it, likely due to the fact that Microsoft only got access to the silicon over a year ago as per the deal with Sony for access to the Zen 3 chipset for access to Microsoft's steaming system.

Oct 25, 2017
Watching a digital foundry thing recently and they also seemed bemused by the lack of xsx gameplay given they saw gears 5 running on it months ago and it looked great with very little dev time. They seem to think Microsoft is sitting on footage because....? As with all things this year, I can only assume covid is making it difficult. Other than that, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.