• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Is this, uh... really the thread for you to vocalize your enthusiasm for a magazine advocating for arming paramedics (to the fury of actual, trained paramedics) and your desire to own the (ludicrously expensive, by the way) pistol-caliber carbine advertised on the cover? Doesn't that kind of seem like... rude at minimum, intentionally trying to get a bad reaction out of people at worst?
I'm just stating from the original posters shock that this magazine exists that I'm not only an advocate of the magazine but the firearm on the front of it. I also know several extremely trained emt's that wouldn't mind for a second to carry. When it comes to firearms I'm the polar opposite of 99.9% of resetera.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Jesus. Obviously you guys know a lot more than I do. THAT'S a pistol! Fuck me...
It's not. It's a short barrel pistol caliber carbine. Basically you buy the firearm without the stock and it would be considered a pistol. If you want to put the stock that's in the picture on it you have to register it as a sbr and go through a whole new set of paperwork and registration. Essentially new paperwork, pay your $200 tax stamp, engrave it and wait a few weeks.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That magazine doesn't strike me as particularly crazy

Arming first responders is redundant as hell. Typically if they're entering a dangerous situation, the cops and/or fire department will already be there. No one's sending in a lone ambulance.

I could go for some unobtanium though. Maybe I should pick this issue up.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah i'm sure paramedics want people to expect them to risk their lives when they are making much less than police.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Fuck all of you haters I need my 30 clip. Because, uh... pop up zombie apocalypses and shit.

So the first responders can shoot the people stuck bleeding to death in a car accident?
Can't wait til EMTs are jumping out of the ambulances, then approaching wrecks screaming SHOW ME YOUR HANDS.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is Cyberpunk 2077 merging with the real world.

Are American paramedics just going to start being Trauma Team.

CQFf1y4.jpg

How do you do satire when reality acts like this.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That passes as a pistol?

Really?

That's like Call of Duty counting the sawned-off shotgun as a sidearm.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
EMTs have been stabbed, shot etc. it's not as uncommon as you might think. Some EMTs now wear body armor for protection, never heard of them carrying firearms however.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
so who's got the odds on them having put out a modeling call for that cover where they ask specifically for ladies who look like AOC

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
What do you expect an EMT to do, assist the wounded? Their hands are too full of gun for that!

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is the magazine called that because gun enthusiasts often recoil in fear over the littlest bit of criticism?

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
These images always make me so, so happy to be living in western europe. The fear-mongering by gun lobbyists is fucking off the rails in the US so that people genuinely believe they need a gun at home for self defense. You're not that important. It's maddening to think about.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Speaking of magazines, that clip is what's fucking wrong with guns. You can defend you and your family with a handful of bullets. Having 30+ is needless overkill and is not at all necessary for anything other than fighting a war or shooting civilians, neither of which is at all appropriate here in the states (shooting civilians is an inappropriate and evil thing to do anywhere).

What?

You don't have a suppressed SMG with an extended mag and a holo sight to defend your house in the middle of the majority white suburbs?

How un American of you

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, how else are you going to ensure job security? Can't just rely on emergencies to happen by themselves.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Speaking of magazines, that clip is what's fucking wrong with guns. You can defend you and your family with a handful of bullets. Having 30+ is needless overkill and is not at all necessary for anything other than fighting a war or shooting civilians, neither of which is at all appropriate here in the states (shooting civilians is an inappropriate and evil thing to do anywhere).
Feral Hogs tho

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i worked in an army navy store an would routinely run into pussy first day EMTs who would ask for shit like slotted vests and then not understand how to find plates for them lol

KTC

Dec 7, 2017
UK
As a Brit, seeing these magazines is wild. We have stuff like Take A Break though, which is insanity minus the guns:

PgIMYzd.jpg

Please don't STAB my baby