• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
A number of people liked his original post, and some others like Stephen Jackson actively supported his post and suggested he had no reason to apologize.

www.resetera.com

Desean Jackson, Stephen Jackson, Hitler-quoting(?!?!) and the wave of antisemitism in pro sports

This DeSean Jackson post (https://imgur.com/gallery/gSb7eyd) that led to quite a few pro athletes liking/agreeing with his sentiment is being pretty heavily discussed. I can't believe this is actually a real thing. Its now getting worse with Stephen Jackson poking the fires on instagram...

I dunno how the fuck I missed all this but the more I read the more it highlights how fucking much I don't want athlete taking the reigns of activism. Fuck all these guys. Fuck Wade. They have giant platforms and when it is some black shit they kind of get it right but they are so wildly incapable of being activists if this is the bullshit they are promoting.

This so extremely upsetting to me. This is undisputedly wrong. Fuck them. It is fucking anti semitism. Plain and simple.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
He should go ask them what their opinion is on his daughter..

Wade deleted his Tweet already. My guess is they were close with Cannon when his wife worked for then got screwed over by America's Got Talent. Was hoping he would delete it. Would be nice if he addresses it too.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
You know what makes this even worse as a Jew?

Right-wingers now trying to co-opt this shit and use it for their own racist-ass, means. The number of garbage people hopping on and being like "SEE BLACKS CAN BE RACIST AGAINST WHITES, JUSTIFIED" and just...using Jewish pain and oppression for their racism. Like fuck's sake.

Shut the fuck up you racist fucks, you were spreading anti-semitic conspiracy theories and yelling about Soros 5 days ago, you're not our fucking friends.
And now everyone on twitter is saying Terry Crews was right
tumblr_mgsaaopAbX1s0m6axo1_500.gif

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
www.resetera.com

Nick Cannon promotes insane antisemitic theories on his podcast; "apologizes"

https://jewishinsider.com/2020/07/nick-cannon-spreads-antisemitic-conspiracy-theories-online/ You would think if the Jews really ran everything, they would stop giving fame and fortune to people who apparently hate them!

Ok, thanks for the info. Same old shit, I'm saddened how many people still believe this crap (not the Blacks are Hebrews, that's pretty new to me, the other part).

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno how the fuck I missed all this but the more I read the more it highlights how fucking much I don't want athlete taking the reigns of activism. Fuck all these guys. Fuck Wade. They have giant platforms and when it is some black shit they kind of get it right but they are so wildly incapable of being activists if this is the bullshit they are promoting.

This so extremely upsetting to me. This is undisputedly wrong. Fuck them. It is fucking anti semitism. Plain and simple.

It's tough, because with their position comes a lot of influence and opportunity do good.

But that's also why some of these fringe groups like NOI probably target athletes who start to get rich and famous.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I never understood, how most, if not all, rigth wing politicians in the US are pro Isreal, no matter what, but a big part of there base believe in Jewish conspiracy theories.
It's the same reason why they claim to hate the government but worship the military and the police - they're stupid.

It's actually way weirder and more twisted than that. A lot of those hardcore Christians who support Israel do it because they see the destruction of a newly realized Israel and its people as the catalyst for Christ's return. So in a way they support Israel because they look forward to the final genocide of the Jews so they can go to Heaven.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately it seems like years of influence from Nation of Islam, 5 percent nation, etc., on black culture, hip-hop/rap culture, etc., is starting to rear it's head. I'm sure these groups target successful black people in the way that Scientology targets people.

It's really sad that these guys are basically handing a defacto attack point for right wingers, white supremacists, etc., to hit BLM with. Seems like the absolute worst time t

And now everyone on twitter is saying Terry Crews was right.
I was wondering if/when that might circle back around. Sad to say this is probably going to reinforce his view, and I suppose to a degree he is probably justified. The fact that these guys are referencing people like Farrakhan plays right into what he was complaining about.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019

I've seen you on here in the past, always fighting the good fight and I just want to say I feel you a hundred and ten percent. Like it's not hard to excise someone for being racist.

Like I get it, growing up black I get how someone can fall in with these idiots but like... fuck. It's just at a certain point you have to know that this is not going to help anyone in the short term OR the longterm.

It's very disheartening.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's always good when the gentiles start having a Conversation About The Jews. That always ends well.

FUCK

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's fucking disgusting. I'm so, so sick of racist pieces of shit making life miserable for marginalized groups. My only hope is that they continue to be called out, exposed, and ostracized for their hateful bullshit. I'm tired of having to use kid gloves and coddle racists with "teachable moments." Fuck them.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I've seen you on here in the past, always fighting the good fight and I just want to say I feel you a hundred and ten percent. Like it's not hard to excise someone for being racist.

Like I get it, growing up black I get how someone can fall in with these idiots but like... fuck. It's just at a certain point you have to know that this is not going to help anyone in the short term OR the longterm.

It's very disheartening.

It is all very upsetting. These guys are not real and the support on twitter is really fucking shameful. This is nothing more than anti semitism. It should be crushed. It shouldn't be given a platform to be reinforced. If this is how they use their platform then I dont want them to have it. Period.

This doesn't do anything to help anyone. It doesn't help black people. It doesn't help Jewish people (obviously). All this does is show how down the rabbit hole many people are. Yeah I get people in vulnerable positions can be swayed but in the end you have to understand right from wrong. It is undeniably wrong.

The holocaust was lest than 100 years ago. And you have dudes posting fucking fake Hilter quotes to Instagram to millions of people and getting support. You have dudes spouting conspiracy none sense and getting support.

This is not okay. This is embarrassing.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It is all very upsetting. These guys are not real and the support on twitter is really fucking shameful. This is nothing more than anti semitism. It should be crushed. It shouldn't be given a platform to be reinforced. If this is how they use their platform then I dont want them to have it. Period.

This doesn't do anything to help anyone. It doesn't help black people. It doesn't help Jewish people (obviously). All this does is show how down the rabbit hole many people are. Yeah I get people in vulnerable positions can be swayed but in the end you have to understand right from wrong. It is undeniably wrong.

The holocaust was lest than 100 years ago. And you have dudes posting fucking fake Hilter quotes to Instagram to millions of people and getting support. You have dudes spouting conspiracy none sense and getting support.

What I think makes this worse is that it sort of exposes a lot of people's activism as not really having... call it proper foundations. If it was, it'd be easy enough to extrapolate out why this shit is bad. But that doesn't happen.

It's a shitty situation.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019

That right there is the shit that gets me! It's so frustrating to see people literally going to bat for fucking HITLER quotes.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Nick Cannon
Fuck DWade

How you can you want equality and be anti-semite?

It's very simple - they've bought into the idea that "the Jews", as a totality, are oppressing black people.

The truth of the matter is that capitalism has created conditions that require answers, and some people promote (and other people are swayed by) simplistic solutions that are often tied to pre-existing notions and that provide both a sense of pride and an easy enemy. This is no different from how racism flares up in any other community. It has just developed along a different path due to the circumstances of the situation.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
What I think makes this worse is that it sort of exposes a lot of people's activism as not really having... call it proper foundations. If it was, it'd be easy enough to extrapolate out why this shit is bad. But that doesn't happen.

It's a shitty situation.
I'll just leave Jemele Hill's fantastic article here:
www.theatlantic.com

The Anti-Semitism We Didn’t See

DeSean Jackson’s Hitler moment—and mine—showed that Black Americans’ experience of racism doesn’t automatically sensitize us toward other forms of prejudice.

Oct 27, 2017
This rise in popularity of Nation of Islam (NOI) talking points is inadvertently proving Terry Crew's point. Jesus Christ.

Anyone supporting this shit is straight up scum.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, as a whole none of this is really new. Holocaust deniers and white nationalists and neo-Nazis have been calling for our extermination (ironically, in the case of the deniers) for decades now. The fact that it hasn't been 100 years hasn't really stopped them.

The difference here is mainly in where it's coming from. And the damage it's doing to the very important BLM movement.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'll just leave Jemele Hill's fantastic article here:
www.theatlantic.com

The Anti-Semitism We Didn’t See

DeSean Jackson’s Hitler moment—and mine—showed that Black Americans’ experience of racism doesn’t automatically sensitize us toward other forms of prejudice.
Yeah, I read that the other day. Jemele on point as ever.
The "apology" which of course doesn't address the anti-semetic nature of the content

What the fuck

So like, you're not condoning or supporting the shit he said

But also, you're supporting his platform

Fuck allllll the way off, DWade.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why I bothered looking at Twitter. Just stupidity and hate all around.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I read that the other day. Jemele on point as ever.

What the fuck

So like, you're not condoning or supporting the shit he said

But also, you're supporting his platform

Fuck allllll the way off, DWade.

Wade is a hero here in South Florida which has a large Jewish population. It's really, really upsetting.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It just sucks. As a jew who marched and donates in support of BLM, the extreme lack of reciprocation here sucks. Not that it's changed my mind on the movement or anything, it's just a shitty feeling.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
This shit is exhausting. I can't be bothered to look at the twitter conversations that follow these posts anymore it's just an endless line of ahistorical bullshit, appropriation of Jewish history and antisemitism.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't see Canadian horseradish being strong enough for me, I'll pass.

lol

I'll tell you what though, in my circles (Reform/Progressive Jews mostly) the conversations are happening. if trump gets reelected we out and if there's one thing I've learned in regards to my own personal family history is don't miss the window to leave because when it shuts it fucking SHUTS

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
lol

I'll tell you what though, in my circles (Reform/Progressive Jews mostly) the conversations are happening. if trump gets reelected we out and if there's one thing I've learned in regards to my own personal family history is don't miss the window to leave because when it shuts it fucking SHUTS

Yeah my wife and I make off hand comments all the time about what we'll do if he wins but I can't say we've seriously considered leaving. If this type of unfettered and unchallenged antisemitism from extremely public platforms continues though we may have to start having a real conversation.