• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BossLackey

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I'm a huge fan of Halo 1-3. Now, it's been a while since I've played Reach, but now that it's on PC I find the pace that made Halo great entirely absent.

Beyond the abysmal maps Reach introduced (some of these seem like they were made by 14 year olds in Forge), DMRs on PC is straight bad.

Big Team Battle has always been me and my friend's bread and butter, but the pace is pure garbage in every match.

Starting with DMRs, especially on PC, makes for CONSTANTLY being peppered the second you're out of cover.

Add to that the ridiculous amount of vehicles and short spawn times, and every BTB Objective match devolves into a stalemate with deadman's land in the middle. Anyone actually playing the objective gets just shredded.

Give me literally ANY other Halo from the MCC as the first on PC.

Disappointed.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Reach multiplayer sucks. The campaign is good though. Tbh Halo multiplayer post CE has all been downhill with a slight slope up with 5. CE is a masterpiece.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
It's the only Halo I was really able to get into, I loved it. I've only really been interested in campaigns though.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
People can say lots of things about Reach, but it had top-notch armor design

The army trooper and ODST armor designs are the best in any Halo game yet

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Most people just like Reach for the campaign and even that is useless right now until they fix the sound.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I'm having a lot of fuh with it because it's proper Halo on PC, but it's hard to deny the multi is weaker than the titles that preceeded it.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I'm not a fan of Reach myself, but I really didn't like playing it on PC either. Felt way different compared to what I was used to on Xbox, so I'll continue to stick to that.
But I hear ya, it's not fun getting peppered with pinpoint accuracy immediately.

Though allow me to interject—Halo 2 has the worst multiplayer out of all the Halo games.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i generally like the campaign, it's a bit dated but i like some of the set pieces and story moments

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
picked it up for a tenner once it dropped on steam as it was the one i never played and everybody raved about it

really not digging it... like. at all. but i've like an hour or two of gametime so i haven't written it off yet, i just regret not waiting til the entire MCC was a bit cheaper and biting then

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I was pretty excited to finally play a Halo game and was really looking forward to the MCC on PC.
If this is one of the best campaigns, I'm not going to bother playing any of the others as I gave up on it a few missions in because I really just wasn't enjoying it.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely the best campaign of the series. MP isn't hot, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy BTB on Spire with the Falcon.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I had no idea what OP was talking about, because for the life of me I could not recall that Reach even had a multiplayer component.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I am genuinely surprised how popular Reach alone was for the PC launch because that MP has always been ass.

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
People keep saying it has (one of) the best campaigns in the series, and if that's true then boy am I no longer excited to play the rest because I was majorly underwhelmed by the whole thing

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
Haven't been a fan of Halo since Halo 3, which now seems ages ago. Recently replayed Reach, 4, and 5 to try and give them another chance, but no. The magic of the series has been missing for a long time

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the best multiplayer halo games, heck it's worlds better than any new halo.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
It's the worst Halo multiplayer by a longshot. Unbelievably bad design decisions for the 5th game in a franchise.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
I liked the campaign and I don't think the MP has aged well as the other games. I do like the music.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Worst MP in the series bar none. And the fact that this is the updated version from what originally released tells you how bad it was at launch.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Multiplayer is great and only behind 2 and 5. Probably tied with CE, though they are pretty different.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
Even the campaign is meh. Firefight is the only really good mode in this. Halo 3 is where its at, that game is perfection top to bottom.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
In all honesty, this does bring me back to the discourse in the old Bungie.net where players had heated discussions over whether Halo 2/Halo 3 multiplayers are bad

Good times

horkrux

Oct 27, 2017
They said they were looking into the audio issues. I mean it's still in beta so we need to cut them some slack.

I was pretty excited to finally play a Halo game and was really looking forward to the MCC on PC.
If this is one of the best campaigns, I'm not going to bother playing any of the others as I gave up on it a few missions in because I really just wasn't enjoying it.

It really isn't. After my Halo marathon I'd consider it one of the weakest. It just looks nice.

To really enjoy Halo you should see for yourself which weapons work well against shields and which don't. Not understanding the mechanics ruined Halo for me I first played it.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It has it's issues, I'm of the opinion that each Halo game has it's own set of balance/design issues. But Reach is still better than alot of other shooters released before 2010 and after.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outside exploits like BxR, I can't see how Halo 2 was a step down from CE.

There were some issues regarding weapon balancing due to dual wielding/removing the AR, Shotgun was nerfed too much, energy sword had an infinite battery and the plasma pistol charge shots tracked way too effectively, ect. The campaign levels were also more linear than Halo 1 aswell.

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Zero experience with halo multi, I kinda enjoyed the swat mode that reduced the TTK but I can see how the game is completely unbalanced for m&kb.

Jun 17, 2018
Reach multiplayer sucks. The campaign is good though. Tbh Halo multiplayer post CE has all been downhill with a slight slope up with 5. CE is a masterpiece.

CE online is bad from what I've been playing. Spawns are fucked and the weapons are a nightmare. This is coming from someone who absolutely adored Halo CE back in 2001.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
At the time, it was my least favorite Halo MP til Halo 4 came around and stole the crown as straight up my least favorite game ever made. Reach campaign will always be great tho.

Now that I'm basically a casual and far removed from my tryhard days, I can look past the abysmal design flaws (still no idea how armor lock made it in) and it's prob my favorite MP game in the MCC, other than maybe H3 with H2A not super far behind. Even Halo 4 with all its mediocrity has a fun feel at its most basic form (BR/DMR starts, no armor abilities/ordnance trash). I can't deal with it's downright embarrassing map selection tho. H2 and CE feel the most dated of the bunch to me now.