• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I applaud their ideas and the game's immense success is proving they're right, it would be nice if they took a look at some of the very real issues the game has with the building meta and the weapon balance/shooting instead of always adding, adding, adding.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
The idea sounds great but it doesn't look to hot. The vehicle handling is atrocious.

Now hear me out guys... what we really need is this in Halo. Picking up passengers heals you up and it's a BR, last man alive wins.
Crap, I really hope Halo Infinite has some mind blowing forge tools. Or we need 343 to step up and deliver like Epic with fortnite (love or hate the game they have done a crapton with it).

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
This news was very close to getting me to play Fortnite, but your post saved me. That car does not look fun to control.
Cars actually control well I find.

It's a fun little mode, got myself a win but it really relies on you and your partner both playing well otherwise it's too hard to catch up points wise.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all can poo-poo this if you want, but I'm having lots of fun. Calling it a "Crazy Taxi" mode is a bit disingenuous. I mean, it's obviously heavily inspired by it, but yes, the vehicles don't control like Crazy Taxi at all. Vehicles in Fortnite are slow and heavy unless you're driving the top tier sports cars, and these aren't those. On top of that, I feel like Season 4 has changed how Fortnite's vehicles handle so they flip and roll a lot more easily when you make sharp turns.

But like I said, I'm still having fun. The idea that passengers make requests for you to do specific things for bonus points is brilliant. Like some passengers want you to get lots of air, or ram in to other vehicles, or drive offroad for a specific amount of time, etc. If Sega were to ever make a Crazy Taxi 4, that's something they should definitely borrow.

The annoying thing is when you get in to a match with people who remember Fortnite is a shooter. You can get out of the taxi and shoot at other vehicles if you want, and as someone who's just there to drive around picking up and dropping off fares, it really, really sucks when somebody's running around with a grenade launcher ruining my (and everyone else's) day. Dirtyshubb is right, too -- once you fall behind in points it's basically impossible to catch up.

Still. Knowing Sega, this is probably about as close to a new Crazy Taxi game as we'll ever get.