• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Fairy Tail

Releases 31/07/2020 (thats 3 days left!!!)
Developer: Gust
Publisher: Koei Tecmo
Platforms: PS4, Switch, PC

3MC1-2591262241-fullhd_w1920_h1080_q75-switchfairytail-1590392683.png

Captain Tsubasa

Releases 28/08/2020 (thats 1 month left!)
Developer: Tamsoft
Publisher:Bandai Namco
Platforms: PS4, Switch, PC

1MCQ-Q484250106-fullhd_w1920_h1080_q75-switchcaptaintsubasa-1579609296.png

Have we got any Fairy Tail hand on impressions yet? im on the fence about it, im not sure if it will be worth it as a game

Last edited:

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I honestly can't think of any KT games I've played that I actually enjoyed. I have generally extremely little faith in them when it comes to these anime adaptations. They usually feel extremely hollow.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I've never seen either but both look appealing. Especially Fairy Tail since it's a JRPG, but I'll wait for reviews + sales since I'm not well-versed in either IP.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
CT fans are hyped as fuck for Rise of new Champions - but its obv. not gonna be as visible on general gaming communities like Era - especially with next-gen launches taking up alot of the conversations.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I am interested in the Fairy Tale game, but it's something I will get for cheap someday. I don't know the anime but I like most GUST games I've played.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Fairytail is out this week and I've seen no reviews or even impressions. Plus it's 69,99€ in Europe, lol

I honestly can't think of any KT games I've played that I actually enjoyed. I have generally extremely little faith in them when it comes to these anime adaptations. They usually feel extremely hollow.
I did enjoy Three Houses if that counts.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fairytail is out this week and I've seen no reviews or even impressions. Plus it's 69,99€ in Europe, lol

Yeah, the price is what's putting me off getting it immediately.

Like, I'm sure I can get enough enjoyment out of it as long as it's a functional RPG but at the price they're asking, it'd be the most expensive switch game I've ever bought. I'll just wait half a year for it to be deeply discounted.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Anime games have fallen off as of late tbh. Jump killed anime games for me, family. What a letdown.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I think there's a blood oath of vengeance against Fairy Tail because it could have been a Hunter X Hunter game

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Fairy Tail is a bad anime/manga with gross sexualization of female characters :/

Shame the game looks good but I have no interest in the universe itself

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
After being disappointed by anime games too many times (more like every time), I don't even bother thinking about them anymore despite being a huge fan of certain series (have watched both FT and Tsubasa within the past year). If they're worth playing, I'm sure I'll hear about it. If not, we'll that's that really.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Your not going to find a lot of hype for Anime games OP licensed games for these properties have really killed the perceived quality of such titles and people usually wait for sales or bargain deals now. Your specially not going to find much hype for Captain Tsubasa among the US audience either because surprise surprise Football Soccer isn't a popular sport here and your more likely to find interest in that franchise from the EU, Central America and South America players.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Anime licensed garbage. BUT Captain Tsubasa looks like it could be a good 5-7 game just don't pay full price for these.

Quebaz

Nov 15, 2017
Both of them have a "why now?" factor to them.
Captain Tsubasa is riding off the European and Southamerican hype of the new anime adaptation, which by the end of August should have wrapped up in most countries it started airing (Portugal for example is only airing the Middle School portion starting from next week). It's also most likely to gauge interest for next year as the franchise is going to hit 40.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Captain Tsubasa is riding off the European and Southamerican hype of the new anime adaptation, which by the end of August should have wrapped up in most countries it started airing (Portugal for example is only airing the Middle School portion starting from next week). It's also most likely to gauge interest for next year as the franchise is going to hit 40.
Wow it's been tat long already? I remember watching Captain Tsubasa and Captain Tsubasa J back in the day when I was a still a kid who had a mild interest in soccer.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I'm definitely cautiously hyped for Tsubasa. I actually had to google the game again because OP post didn't mention the PC release of the game.

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
Fairy Tail is absolutely dire, only reason I read even part of it was part of Crunchroll's manga subscription.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
Can't wait for Fairy Tail. Hoping it's good. I expect middling reviews because it's Gust and it's anime. But I'm sure I'll dig it. I enjoy these shitty games

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Never even knew captain tsubasa was a thing until the mobile game. As for fairy tale it's the most popular anime that no one talks about apparently. I might grab it on switch if reviews are good, though I was hoping it'd come to Xbox after gust said they'd consider it.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Main reason for lack of excitment is probably that a lot of anime adaptions to games end up sucking.

I dunno why but adapting thar Medium is mostly cursed.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
My problem with the Fairy Tail game is that it doesn't start from the beginning like most anime game adaptations. So you'd have to actually watch the show/read the manga to understand the game. I tried doing so but there's just too many episodes and gave up.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
FT is a mega generic shounen as Tsubasa is not exactly the hottest thing around anymore.
Why would there be hype?

Deleted member 54170

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 25, 2019
Fairy tail started good but got bad really fast so I stopped reading it. I never read tsubasa. So no hype for me

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Who fall for Koei Tecmo and Bamco regular anime games cash grab nowadays (outside of outsourced games to reputed studio like DBZF)?

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
A) games don't look particalry good
B) Fairty Tail being a "favorite" is not a very popular opinion. It's has a bit of SAO-esque reputation of being worthless garbage. and from what I read, not undeservedly so

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had never watched Fairy Tail but I enjoyed Ryza enough that I was interested so I started watching the anime and I'm just about up to where the game is set and it's pretty good so I'm in for the game on Day 1.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Just googled both, without being too harsh ..
Both looks like the usual shoestring budget 7/10 at best license 60$ anime games we are used to getting.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel out of Fairy Tail because it got annoying, and I've never seen Captain Tsubasa, so I have no interest in their games.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
I want Captain Tsubasa because I like those types of soccer games, but for full price? I'm not sure about that.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Can't wait for Fairy Tail. Hoping it's good. I expect middling reviews because it's Gust and it's anime. But I'm sure I'll dig it. I enjoy these shitty games
Someone got it early over on gamefaqs, it's budget but the story pacing is good, the gameplay is excellent and the characters are all unique.
I think there's a blood oath of vengeance against Fairy Tail because it could have been a Hunter X Hunter game
Koei Tecmo did a poll of fan favourites animes and what game adaptation would they like to see.
Fairy Tail barely defeated HxH in the results.

Months later, the game "Fairy Tail" got announced.

Fucking hell...
FYI it's not true the producer has gone on record that he doesn't even remember the poll and had no bearings on games in development, in fact the negotiations on Fairy Tail had started a few months earlier. In fact we even have a thread on it here. Now it's possible it was a list of IPs KT had been looking into. In fact here's the quote https://www.resetera.com/threads/fa...-interview-with-producer.148199/post-25630938
In 2016, Gust held a survey that asked fans about the anime they would want to see the studio collaborate with. Given that Fairy Tail was the winner, did that lead directly to the creation this game?

I personally don't recall this event exactly, but I'm very pleased to hear that because we did start contacting the IP holder Kodansha and Mashima-san quite early. Fairy Tail is such a wildly popular IP both in Japan and abroad. (Laughs) I'm very happy to hear you ask about something from so long ago
Also part of the reason they picked FT was because they could grow a franchise out of it if it was successful.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Unless it turns out to be bad, I will definitely play Tsubasa. Been looking for an arcade football game without real life players and with crazy special shots, and this one will scratch that nostalgic itch as the NES game was my first football game and one of my first games on a home console.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
fairy tail RPG looks sick, and I think being a traditional jrpg suits the overall aesthetic and world of the series so well. I dunno if I'd pay full price for it yet, but it's definitely refreshing it looks to be like an actual competent attempt at an interesting anime game compared to just another arena fighter

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I am excited for the Fairy Tail RPG. I never expected the series to get a game like this. Just need to decide if I want to go physical or digital.