• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy birthday OP. I remember this thread lol can't believe it's been a year. Feels like just five months

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Happy birthday OP. And many happy returns.

I wish ResetEra had a little tab at the bottom of the page announcing who birthday it was. Of course, users would have the ability to opt out of making their birthdate public.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been there. I think it's much more common occurrence as you get older unless you're the type of person who makes a big deal out of it yourself.

Herne

Dec 10, 2017
I turned it off right from the start but I still get cousins chiming in occasionally. Can't win.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I almost forgot my birthday to be honest.

My friend hates me forever, because a few years he actually forgot how old he was, and thought he was a year younger, but I reminded him on his birthday that he wasn't, and it ruined his reality forever.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
three is more than what I usually have. honestly who cares about birthdays anymore. Only my mom usually remembers. lol

OP
OP
jsnepo

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hey jsnepo, happy birthday! Hope you had a great day.

v6bPfPY.jpg

Wow! Thanks man! Actually this year is quite different than last year. Some people are coming over to celebrate today. Awesome feeling. Anyway I was mostly down last year so that's why I made this thread. :)

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
My birthday is on Christmas Eve and nobody gives a flying fuck about my birthday. All my gifts were combined with Christmas as a kid.

One time someone threw me a bday party and it was so foreign that I have no idea what to do.

Oct 31, 2017
TC I had this sad feeling a few years ago.

I know you probably think this means no one cares about you, but it's not true. No one will remember nor give a fuck about your bday unless you shove it in their faces, or if you have it on Facebook. I know almost none of my close friends' bdays (I also stopped using Facebook 5 years ago and moved to IG and Twitter). Does that mean I don't care about them? No.

OP
OP
jsnepo

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
TC I had this sad feeling a few years ago.

I know you probably think this means no one cares about you, but it's not true. No one will remember nor give a fuck about your bday unless you shove it in their faces, or if you have it on Facebook. I know almost none of my close friends' bdays (I also stopped using Facebook 5 years ago and moved to IG and Twitter). Does that mean I don't care about them? No.

Yeah. I made this thread last year when I was mostly down throughout the year and pretty much trapped at work. The closest thing I had to a social life that year was my interaction with people at work and only during work.

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry to hear that OP. I have the same issue, with only one or two of my friends ever remembering and my family never remembering. It got to the point where I hate that time of year because it just makes my depression really bad. It sucks that you also go through that.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never got whats to celebrate about birthdays honestly. So I'm okay with nobody saying anything to me.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Three is decent. In today's world we have a lot more "contacts" in life. I never remember important dates/birthdays, except my immediate family. Everybody else get's Facebook notifications.

Oct 27, 2017
I only remember my immediate family's birthdays, including a couple very close friends. I deactivated my Facebook birthday thing years ago, so it's not a surprise to me when I only get a few wishes from others not in my tight circle.

I don't think remembering a birthday makes someone a good friend, and it's a not a good standard to hold against people. People who actually spend time with you and invite you to hangout are the real friends. Not those Facebook "friends" who you haven't seen since highschool.

That being said, I don't think birthdays are a big deal anyways. Like, after you turn 13, you're a teenager. Great. After you turn 18, you're an adult. Great. After you turn 21, you can buy alcohol. Great. What happens after that? Paying attention to your birthday as a mature adult is pointless IMO. Every birthday after 21 has been spent with like 2-3 close friends, sitting around smoking/drinking and watching horror movies... Just like every other day lol.

Deleted member 26398

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You are lucky. Plus there are many other people who could care about you but forgot. Birthdays are not a big deal to me.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Happy birthday OP!

i never remember anyones birthday. My wife has to remind me when its my family's birthday. I used to often forget her birthday. She forgave me when she realized early on that I honestly forget my own birthday. One year nobody said happy birthday till I saw her that night and I was like lol its not my birthday.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I can only remember three birthdays outside of my own: my mom's, my dad's, and my best friend's.

But when I get reminders for other people, I'm happy to wish them a happy birthday. We haven't been taken over. We're just incapable of remembering hundreds of people's birthdays.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I don't remember birthdays either.

It has nothing to do with my love or lack of love for other people and probably more to do with me and how little I care about my own/them in general.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I can only remember three birthdays outside of my own: my mom's, my dad's, and my best friend's.

This (but add the girlfriend). And the older i get, the higher the chance i'm gonna forget about my best friend's, too.
Our lives get busier and busier and birthdays do get less and less meaningful. Like, 16, 18, 20 - those were big deals. But turning 34 - like, who even cares?

But, nevertheless, Happy Birthday jsnepo !!!

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
You shouldn't arbitrarily audit your life like this, OP. All it serves to do is to send you down dark spirals. Try and stay in the moment and remain as positive as possible.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
Since it's also my birthday today, happy birthday to us!

Now, since I'm in Sweden and it's still early morning here, let's see how many that will remember my birthday...

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
On my birthday usually my parents, my little brother, first cousins and 2-3 friends wish me.

Im guilty of forgetting birthdays myself. My friends over the years(ive been friends with over 10 years) have learned not to mind me not wishing them on birthdays and expecting for it to happen. They are surprised when i wish them whenever it happens and that too i dont have a huge circle of friends just 5-6. I go to birthdays and then realize its a birthday party(just happened 2 months ago). A big reason of this is well im not on any social media platform. Apart from whatsapp. So no notifications. I wont say the friend who wished you is your only true friend op there must be others as well. Rather dont give much thought to the date.

Edit: Oh this is a bump. A great one at that!