• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Soooo... Those follicles are dead, right?
Jesus, I'm never complaining about a bad hair day ever again.
Considering the hair cycle and not all hair follicles been in the same phase at any one time, I don't think all her hair follicles have been irreparably damaged, but if/when she shaves her hair or finds another solution to this, she'll probably have some very patchy hair growth for a few years at least.

2cycle-vie-cheveu_orig.jpg

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
At this point she should be happy if she manages to keep her skin after removing that thing.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I need a shot from behind to see how that ponytail looks with the hair looking like that.

She probably confused it for this.

Moco_de_Gorila-Yellow_12oz__71717.1503679280.jpg

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still leaning towards fake, lol. A month of gorilla glue in your hair will mean MANY infected follicles that are painful to touch. There's also the dilemma of application, since gorilla glue doesn't come out like a misty hair spray that you can manipulate easily.

There's just too much going on for this to be believable, lol.

I could 100% be wrong, but I'd really like to hope I'm not.
Looks pretty misty to me.

10 minutes to seal too, so she might not have noticed the problem right away.

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
I think she might need to come up with a better game plan than wiping shampoo off her glue-hardened scalp with a towel every other day.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I've used gorilla glue and it doesn't look clear when set. Is the spray different? This feels so implausible, I can't handle the truth

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
She needs to be seeking professional probably medical attention for this sooner than later.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Look how strong his fucking glue is y'all look me in the eye and tell me Kong ain't washing Godzilla

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
she

she needs to get help because her scalp can be.............I don't know

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I need a shot from behind to see how that ponytail looks with the hair looking like that.

Yea Im hoping this is what happened. I used to use this as a kid but I always called it by its spanish name, so I wouldn't be surprised she confused them. Still tho her hair is fucked and I feel bad for her.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
How would they fix this in the hospital? Genuinely curious this is crazy.
I'd guess (and to be clear I'm no expert here) that some kind of carefully applied solvent to break it down over multiple applications and some sort of gentle scrub and rinse after each one while wearing goggles, but it's going to take a lot of time as usually you'd soak whatever you want to get gorilla glue off in all manner of stuff that isn't great for human skin, not to mention a) the fumes and b) not wanting anything near her eyes, both of which are what I'd really be worried about in addition to her scalp. There's various guides online for skin but hair is a problem, but right now there's the skin underneath to worry about too. That's why seeking professional help is best, as any home-grown fix is potentially dangerous from fumes over the time needed etc, and a hospital likely has experience in what to do (or at least who to ask about the best thing to do) with adhesives.

Last edited:

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I'd guess (and to be clear I'm no expert here) that some kind of solvent to break it down, but it's going to take a lot of time as usually you'd soak whatever you want to get gorilla glue off in all manner of stuff that isn't great for human skin, not to mention a) the fumes and b) not wanting anything near her eyes. There's various guides online for skin but hair is a problem, but right now there's the skin underneath to worry about too. That's why seeking professional help is best, as any home-grown fix is potentially dangerous from fumes over the time needed etc, and a hospital likely has experience in what to do with adhesives.
Yeah the amount of solvent it would take, she would need to wear a respirator

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Why would Gorilla Glue ever be near somewhere you do your hair, be it in the same shopping aisle or the same cupboard or hell room in your house?

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
You know that sticky slime stuff that kids like to play with and throw at walls and stuff?
When my brother and I were kids, we accidentally got a bunch of that stuff in my little sister's hair.
It probably would have washed out, but we were dumb and scared of getting in trouble, so we cut off a big chunk of her hair thinking that no one would notice.
My poor sister had to get her hair cut short after that and now I feel guilty whenever I look at old family photos and there's like a year where my sister has short hair 😅

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Did she say whether she went to a doctor with this? Having this shit applied to her head for a month makes me afraid of what the consequences of this might be. This strikes me as the sort of thing that needs to be removed asap and which will only mess you up further with each passing day.

I still hope this is just a fun fake...

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
I know this might be a problem with her Healthcare, but go to the damn hospital. She got easily get money from a go fund me now with all the attention she has.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's a bad situation, I feel for her. Not what anyone wants to deal with. It could have been a lot worse if the vaporised adhesive was around her when she sprayed it around her head though, she's perhaps lucky it didn't affect her eyes at the time. But yeah, medical attention time.

Last edited:

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Is this something she could shave? I genuinely can't tell.

What a horrible situation for her. I hope she gets some help for it soon.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck do you remove that without cutting off and replacing her scalp? Some type of solvent?

This is fucking awful. I really feel bad for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.