• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
• Being followed by Emily Rogers does not make someone an insider, source, leaker, or anything else. It is a basic function of Twitter as a user platform. Emily follows literally over 2000 people.
• Min Min was hotly speculated and assumed to be the ARMS rep from a large volume of people due to her popularity and presence in ARMS related mediums and fandom. The post here in question does not in any way specify that the user has knowledge of the character, and could just as easily be read as a confident assumption based on media.
• A large volume of people speculated Xenoblade remake would drop in May due to fitting with Nintendo's production cycles and, at the time, empty line-up leading into E3. Many people, including this user, made lists of software/month correlation based on assumptions and wishes.

Please develop critical reasoning skills before attaching assumptions to even a whiff of something that might resemble a "leak". The entire Nintendo community would benefit from doing so too.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Nintendo let the company that had many of the Super Mario RPG veterans just die?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Please develop critical reasoning skills before attaching assumptions to even a whiff of something that might resemble a "leak". The entire Nintendo community would benefit from doing so too.
failing that, we could discuss it in the ordained thread instead of splitting the conversation all the time

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Nintendo let the company that had many of the Super Mario RPG veterans just die?
932c505bacd0a54ea469669d5b099c45.gif

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm followed by Emily, yet none of you take me seriously 😔

Please don't ever take me seriously.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
ronburgundyidontbelieveyou.gif

I've never played Super Mario RPG but I know this is fake

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
What I'd give for a Square RPG set in the entire Nintendoverse.

E.g. use the multiple universe type thing from Kingdom Hearts without all the extraneous anime tropey bullshit and terrible gameplay from Kingdom Hearts.

The player goes on a multi-dimensional RPG jaunt through the various worlds like Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, Samus's universe, Starfox, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Pokemon, Splatoon etc.

I mean, seeing how limiting Nintendo were even on Paper Mario's use of certain Mario characters etc, it will never happen, but a dude can dream.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
What I'd give for a Square RPG set in the entire Nintendoverse.

E.g. use the multiple universe type thing from Kingdom Hearts without all the extraneous anime tropey bullshit and terrible gameplay from Kingdom Hearts.

The player goes on a multi-dimensional RPG jaunt through the various worlds like Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, Samus's universe, Starfox, F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Pokemon, Splatoon etc.

I mean, seeing how limiting Nintendo were even on Paper Mario's use of certain Mario characters etc, it will never happen, but a dude can dream.

We can't be friends.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
While I think Geno in Smash with the announcement of SMRPG added to Switch Online would be the perfect reveal, I don't see anything compelling about why they'd know this.

I also don't trust SMRPG2 at all with modern Nintendo.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I don't think there is a single game that could ever get me more hyped than this would. Remake or sequel, I'd be thrilled.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I've made it clear that I don't think that this is happening, but if it did, then this would be the biggest gaming miracle in recent memory. Absolutely unbelievable.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Unless it can be corroborated by someone with a real track record, I won't believe this.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
I want this.

in my heart I know it won't ever happen.

An excuse to post Gigis great art

ichigoww

Apr 22, 2018
I don't really believe it, but I'll be looking from the sidelines, as I am not that much of a Super Mario RPG fan but the idea of a sequel sounds interesting.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
someone tag the insiders we got on here just so we can clear this up.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
PLEASE DON'T PLAY WITH MY HEART!!!!!!!

Seriously this is a dream scenario game for me. It's not gonna happen.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I doubt it'd happen, though I figure something with Mario RPG's characters is bound to happen sooner or later (probably a remake)

But I'd love to see something, so long as it wasn't Tokyo RPG Factory. Most of Square Enix's studios are back on their feet now and I'd love to see their level of tech expertise make a gorgeous Mario RPG.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
• Being followed by Emily Rogers does not make someone an insider, source, leaker, or anything else. It is a basic function of Twitter as a user platform. Emily follows literally over 2000 people.
• Min Min was hotly speculated and assumed to be the ARMS rep from a large volume of people due to her popularity and presence in ARMS related mediums and fandom. The post here in question does not in any way specify that the user has knowledge of the character, and could just as easily be read as a confident assumption based on media.
• A large volume of people speculated Xenoblade remake would drop in May due to fitting with Nintendo's production cycles and, at the time, empty line-up leading into E3. Many people, including this user, made lists of software/month correlation based on assumptions and wishes.

You basically beat me to the post. Just following someone on twitter, and them guessing a Smash character a majority of the internet guessed, isn't enough to make them an insider.

In addition, they straight up said they weren't a leaker/insider. I find it best to take people at their word on things like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.