• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alooful

One Winged Slayer
Mar 27, 2020
These look perfect if you're looking to play handheld at home

The only thing holding me back is a potential Joycon redesign with the rumored Pro model

aronmayo

Jul 29, 2020
Got these a few weeks ago and they are a massive step up from any of the other alternatives. The buttons all feel miles better than the official joycons. The thumbsticks feel extremely similar to the Xbox controllers.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I am getting binbok this week and also just got Hori one to test out. Going to see which one wins! I also have fixture s1 clip for Pro Controller and that thing is pretty awesome. Anyways, some of these will go back to Amazon :).

Definitely bump the thread when you get em and had awhile to test em out. Got the Hori too at the moment and I really love them, one of the back buttons doesn't work anymore so alittle annoying, the rumble and gyro functions might convince me to swap.

OP
OP
dipship31

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
Well I put them to the ultimate test for me: Rocket League. I've always hated it on switch, just never felt responsive for whatever reason. Sadly those same response issues happen here as well. Just feels like input lag all the time, but thats no different than it was using joycons. So it's no knock on these new binbok ones and despite the normal input lag in rocket league these were a lot nicer to use compared to Satisfye with joycons

Jan 18, 2021
So this is what the Hori splitpad should have been
I bought the horipad in preparation for monster hunter and they are garbage. Surface of the sticks are too slippery and ergonmics just isnt that good. Old joycons with skull & co(or whatever the companynis) grip case was way better. But Ive already changed the sticks twice on my original joycons so Im debating if i should just get new ones and use the old case and grip

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
These do look really good.

I bought the Vivefox joycons from Amazon a few months ago and they're very comfortable and have all the features I want (gyro, rumble, wireless), but the analog sticks aren't calibrated perfectly, so while they work fine for Pikmin 3 (played the whole game with them) they aren't the best for precise aiming or movement like DOOM 2016.

I might give these a shot next if the analog sticks are better. I have the Hori Split Pad and I love the sticks and the rear button, but the actual grip of them isn't that comfy and they lack gyro.

dragonflys545

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Some of the videos I've seen said that defects are pretty high for them. You may get a few defective ones and need to replace a few times before you get a good one.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Unavailable on Amazon.ca. These are exactly what I've been looking for, thanks OP!

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
I've been using them for awhile now and they're the best joycon alternative I've found. The only issue I have with them is that they're not as comfortable as the Satisfye grip. Companies really need to start copying Satisfye's grip shape.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I like to play my Switch in bed before falling asleep and right now I just use one of these with a Pro Controller.

61MMQvEbGOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The thing in the OP seems interesting tho... Too bad it's not on Amazon.ca

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
How is the dpad? I need a switch dpad that's not absolute garbage and Nintendo has failed me on that front
I solved that problem by buying one of those

41IK8nmc1rL._SL1000_.jpg

I mostly use it with an XB1 controller since it's my favorite controller right now but it works with a ton of controllers including the Dual Shock 4. When you use the DS4 you even get Motion Controls support.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I solved that problem by buying one of those

41IK8nmc1rL._SL1000_.jpg

I mostly use it with an XB1 controller since it's my favorite controller right now but it works with a ton of controllers including the Dual Shock 4. When you use the DS4 you even get Motion Controls support.
I have one of those and I use my DS4 with it, but I mean more for portable play.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How is the dpad? I need a switch dpad that's not absolute garbage and Nintendo has failed me on that front

Are you a monster who likes clicky dpads? or a normal person who like spongy ones? Lol. It's better than the standard joycon regardless and the size is good. But it is spongy and I know some don't like that.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I can't believe I never thought of that haha.

But having used my phone that way (which is lighter than the Switch) the top heavy feel isn't the best, even if you do get to use a good controller.

If they had the style that holds it to the front of the controller that could be better. Got one of those for my phone and while not perfect, it's much better than having it up top.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Wow, I can't believe I never thought of that haha.

But having used my phone that way (which is lighter than the Switch) the top heavy feel isn't the best, even if you do get to use a good controller.

If they had the style that holds it to the front of the controller that could be better. Got one of those for my phone and while not perfect, it's much better than having it up top.

You might like the fixture S1

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well I put them to the ultimate test for me: Rocket League. I've always hated it on switch, just never felt responsive for whatever reason. Sadly those same response issues happen here as well. Just feels like input lag all the time, but thats no different than it was using joycons. So it's no knock on these new binbok ones and despite the normal input lag in rocket league these were a lot nicer to use compared to Satisfye with joycons
Do these read as Joycons while connected to the Switch? As in, does the system show a Joycon in the controller menu while you have one connected?

OP
OP
dipship31

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
When they're wireless, is there an image of a JoyCon, or does it show a generic controller?
GameCube-controller-on-Nintendo-Switch.jpg

Also, does the Switch fit in the dock with those attached?

I tried to just boot them up in wireless mode, but for some reason wouldn't turn on. Maybe there's more I need to do when pairing them, but since I'm pretty much dedicated handheld they just worked out of the box for me when I plugged them into the Switch. Also I have no idea where my dock is or I'd throw it in there to check.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to just boot them up in wireless mode, but for some reason wouldn't turn on. Maybe there's more I need to do when pairing them, but since I'm pretty much dedicated handheld they just worked out of the box for me when I plugged them into the Switch. Also I have no idea where my dock is or I'd throw it in there to check.
They should be paired if they've been attached. You should be able to take them off while the Switch is on, and the "No other controllers are connected." message will change to show what it detects them as.

Thank you for checking this for me, and for making the thread; I'll probably ending picking these up at some point once I can get some buddies together.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Does it come with an attachment in the middle to make it form a normal controller like the one included with the Switch? How do they feel when you use them detached? I like sitting in bed and just having my arms resting at my side (except for the poor joycon connection). Also is there any Bluetooth connection/reception issues like the joycons?

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried these, having the Hori split pad pro. The dpad is horrible and I like the general feeling of the hori better. If hori would release a version with gyro, I wouldn't touch these ever again.

These feel cheaper than the hori and that is saying a lot, because the hori aren't the most premium feeling controller either.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, the Hori Split Pad Pro doesn't charge in the dock... because there's nothing to charge. They don't have an internal battery, since they don't work wirelessly.

True. I guess I should say that the Hori and Binbok can both stay attached when putting the Switch in the dock and Binbok also charges in the dock. Binbok also has a center part than can attach the split pads to make it like a stand alone controller or can be used like split joycons.

MIMF

Nov 23, 2017

The dpad is the weakest part of the controller, mainly because the rubber/silicone is too soft and is easy to get wrong inputs during fast actions (for instance shoryuken) because it unfortunately allows to press any direction by mistake when doing any small pressure at the center of the dpad.

I fixed this problem by doing something as simple as this:

photos.app.goo.gl

Binbok dpad fix

New item · Album by Javier Martín

So that the dap cannot be pressed in the center, much better behaviour and feeling with this trivial mod, the yellow piece is a hama bead that fits perfectly and can be easily adjusted to the desired height to block the dpad at the center.

Last edited:

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Got the binbok wireless today from Amazon. So far so good. Feels more comfortable vs Hori. Charges both joycons from usb c or Switch. Switch detedcts them as joycons.

- Gyro works fine.
- Thumb sticks and buttons are pretty good.
- Dpad seems ok, no worse vs Hori, but I havent tested it too much.
- Rumble seems similar to say Xbox One controller, not quite as good as say Switch or PS5 ones.

Overall I like it more vs Hori split pad I would say due to gyro, rumble and wireless capability. Going to return the Hori for sure. Note, I still like Fixture S1 clip so going to decide which to keep between that and Binbok. Might just keep both.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I just bought a Satisfye grip that arrived today while I was at work that I'll be trying shortly... But if those don't work out, I'm trying these next. I passed on the Hori Split Pads to get the Satisfye instead, but damn if these don't look great.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Got mine today. One problem is that there are two USB ports on the back left side of my switch dock, and this can't dock if there's anything in the top one. So basically it blocks a usb port.

They show up as two grey joycons when remote.

At least on mine, the left side, you can't fully turn off the color/light, there's a tinge of blue even if you turn the colors off. Also, if you don't turn the colors off they will remain on while docked even if the switch is sleeping.

Last edited:

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
I just got my wired ones. These are fantastic for the price. I'd pay even more for ones with better feeling buttons. Very happy with the purchase so far.

Bennydiesel

Sep 2, 2019
I have both these and the hori. I prefer the hori personally. the joysticks on the hori are larger and feel better to me.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Mine just came today. These seem like a tremendous step up from the official Joy Cons. Portable mode is such a more comfortable experience

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
How do these feel separated with one in each hand? Might be interested in something like this for Skyward Sword since the 1st party joycons feel so small in my hands.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I thought Binbok was fine and it feels more comfortable vs Hori overall. Sent the latter back. Gyro and Rumble are also a big plus. Hmm... I think the sticks are fine on the Binbok. Might have been a bit better on the Hori, but not a huge difference. DPad was better on the Hori but its not as bad as I expected on the Binbok. Might mod it to take out the stupid plastic insert.