• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

r or c

• roland

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • curt

Votes: 19 46.3%

• Total voters

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
roland or curt?

mainROLANDORZABAL.jpg

ac477554b6d6a2371578fc8a4ffd3b56--tears-for-fears-roland.jpg

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
Saw them live a few months ago, they're great live performers (the banter was a bit shit though)

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Roland by leaps and bounds. I love Curt, but some of my favorite Tears for Fears is when Curt wasn't in the band. Plus Curt's solo stuff is pretty meh. Elemental with just Roland is an incredible Tears for Fears album.

Found some interesting trivia recently. Roland and Curt were in a band called Neon. They split and formed Tears for Fears while the other two guys split and formed Naked Eyes ("Promises, Promises" "Always Something There to Remind Me").

Fniuliq.jpg

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Tears for fears made arguably the most repeat-listen value song of all time in Everybody wants to rule the world

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
All around this thread are familiar faces.

The other song I really like is forever linked to Dennis Miller now though.

Gusy

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh.. I see this thread is filled with people of impeccable taste. Elemental shaped my adolescence, made me discover music in a way. When I was a kid I didn't understand or didn't like Gas Giants and Brian Wilson Said... Now in my late 30s I found them to be spectacular compositions. Its an album that's still keeps on giving almost 25 years later.

So its Roland for me babeh.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Their first three albums are fucking gold. Songs from the Big Chair, especially, is an absolute highlight and is one of my favorite albums ever.

The Working Hour is one hell of a song.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody Wants to Rule the World is my favorite song of all time. So whichever one sang the original version of that I guess.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
I had bought Songs from the Big Chair on cassette at the mall and me and a friend were riding our bikes back after and stopped at a friends house on the way. He asks what I'd picked up, and gave me shit for buying Tears for Fears. Then, freshman year of college I run into him again, and he's wearing a Seeds of Love shirt. I'm like, "late to the party, fucker!" Great band. Oh, and clearly the answer is Roland.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Their first three albums are fucking gold. Songs from the Big Chair, especially, is an absolute highlight and is one of my favorite albums ever.

The Working Hour is one hell of a song.
Yes, this song is incredible. I genuinely think it's one of the best things I've ever heard. I get chills just thinking about it.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Jesus, I've been listening to them for 30 years, and I honestly never knew there was a different singer. I thought it was a Hall and Oats type thing where one did backup. I feel like a fool. lol

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
One of my all-time favorite groups. Goes without saying their OG stuff from the 80s is top-tier music.

We know that.

I thought I'd point out their last full album from 2004 to those not aware of it. Listened to this CD so much in highschool that I wore it out:

R-412656-1295057930.jpeg.jpg

Pretty much every song from that album is on this amazing level. Really hoping they truly are getting their asses back in the studio for another album. I think they still have so much more to give us! Their greatness is not locked into the 1980s.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Tears for Fears is one of my all-time favorite bands. Nobody has mentioned Laid So Low (Tears Roll Down) yet?! My personal favorite.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
One of my favorite bands. Also check them out on Comedy Bang Bang, they are very funny dudes. Saw them live at Bonnaroo a few years back and they made me laugh out loud quite a few times.

Obligatory: