• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Last night a group of my friends and I were hanging out and went to a bar, my friend was getting pretty drunk (like really drunk) and he was flirting with me which was fine, he almost passed out at the bar so I offered to drive him home and then come back to my group, he was so drunk he didn't even remember where he lived (thank god for google maps on his phone) so when I eventually got back to his play with him I helped him in getting into his apartment because he was stumbling all over the place and when we got into his apartment place he gave me a hug and thanked me for driving him and then kissed me on the lips, I was shocked for sure but I didn't hate the idea but I definitely didn't want to stay because he was so drunk and I was not going to do anything with him when he was not in his right mind;

So I just made sure he got his shoes off and then I left and then back to my friends, I didn't tell my friends what happened and when I messaged my friend, later on, to see if he was okay he asked me what happened last night and I told him I drove him home and helped him get into the apartment but he does not remember anything.

Should I have a conversation and tell him he kissed me or should I just forget the whole thing ever happened?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this happened to me once as well

I never brought it up, he was out of his gourd wasted when it happened

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Look, do you want to take this somewhere? If not then don't say anything unless they do. If you do, well that's more complicated.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I came onto a friend when I was drunk once. I wasn't blackout drunk but we never talked about it again and I'm grateful to my friend for that.

Depends on the results you want I guess. Personally I don't have very many friends and they are precious to me, I would never want sex to get in the way of that.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I came onto a friend when I was drunk once. I wasn't blackout drunk but we never talked about it again and I'm grateful to my friend for that.

Depends on the results you want I guess. Personally I don't have very many friends and they are precious to me, I would never want sex to get in the way of that.
I had to do a re-read because I thought you said "came into" so casually.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I don't know, I think I'm just going to wait and see what happens. He was hella flirting with me though last night and admitted that he thought I was super attractive and this was before he got super wasted.
You're still dodging the question lol

Are YOU attracted to him, or interested in him romantically? Yes or no.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, I think I'm just going to wait and see what happens. He was hella flirting with me though last night and admitted that he thought I was super attractive and this was before he got super wasted.
Again, do you want more? Yes or no. That's your answer.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't say anything. One night my best friend did something similar. Not a kiss but he got so drunk he said he wanted to do certain sexual things with me and walked me home and asked if he could come up and I told him no. For one because he's my best friend and I don't want to risk that over drunken sex, and two he's straight as can be sober and drunk besides that night. I don't know if he remembers. He also doesn't know I'm bi or at least I've never told him. Anyways unless you want to do something than don't say anything.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Let me put it this way, OP: one of my friends once drunkenly confessed she was super into me at a bar. Like she almost made a monologue out of it. But the trouble was, I felt zero romantic or sexual attraction to her, so the only thing me bringing it up later would have done is just...make her feel bad. What's the point?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
But the trouble was, I felt zero romantic or sexual attraction to her, so the only thing me bringing it up later would have done is just...make her feel bad. What's the point?
pretty much

same thing happened after my friend drunk-kissed me, i just wasn't really attracted to them, but i wanted to keep being friends with them

so no point bringing it up

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Dude was obliterated so him kissing you isn't exactly indicative on him finding you sexually or romantically attractive - or that he wants a sexual relationship with you. Not saying it's not possible that he does, simply that it's unclear, especially as there's no memory on his part. I would say bring it up simply for clarity's sake, if nothing else but for this not to become a habit.

Always best to protect yourself when in doubt.

Did you perhaps consider that?

Your friend was coming out of his cage and maybe he was doing just fine?

He's gotta, gotta be down because he wants it all

It started out with a kiss; how did it end up like this?

I mean, It was only a kiss; it was only a kiss.

Now he's falling asleep and instead of calling a cab you were nice enough to drop him home.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
You obviously want something from him. It wouldn't be a question like this otherwise (it would either just be something to tease him about or plain forget about).

Figure out why you think you're not sure about it (is it his GF? something else?) before you say anything.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
If this is a chill thing it is a fun detail to tell him years from now to playfully embarrass him.

If it's any solace this 1000% better than that one time my bff saw my privates because i was so drunk i thought it was evidently more efficient to start unbuckling my pants on the way to the bathroom than wait until i got there.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Then you say nothing. You don't want to ruin this guy's life just because he got too drunk one night. Unless you actually like him or something.

Ding ding ding.

Unless you think this kiss uncovered some genuine feelings you want to explore, it would be a lot less messy to just leave it be.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Then you say nothing. You don't want to ruin this guy's life just because he got too drunk one night. Unless you actually like him or something.
Why would it ruin that guy's life?

but yeah best to figure out for yourself if you want more or not.. I would ask my friends if they started kissing me I guess

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think not telling anyone is the good move here, although he might remember it one day so if you really have to tell it to someone tell it to him first and not to your friends.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I would probably tell him. But that's just me lol. I would just be curious about how he would react. And you're just telling him, not the rest of the world.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
My best friend (gay) used to make sexual advances at me (straight) when we were just about done polishing off a magnum of White Merlot. He never remembered and I never brought it up. Some truths just come out when a person is past their limit and I wasn't bothered by him being attracted to me, plus he never offended me or tried to get physical.

If you aren't looking to take it anywhere there is no profit in bringing up the kiss and potentially making things awkward between the two of you. If you want to start a conversation, do it with with a "so, that stuff you were saying that night about being attracted to me..."

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
If it's real he'll let you know is my guess. If not, go about your life

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Last night a group of my friends and I were hanging out and went to a bar, my friend was getting pretty drunk (like really drunk) and he was flirting with me which was fine, he almost passed out at the bar so I offered to drive him home and then come back to my group, he was so drunk he didn't even remember where he lived (thank god for google maps on his phone) so when I eventually got back to his play with him I helped him in getting into his apartment because he was stumbling all over the place and when we got into his apartment place he gave me a hug and thanked me for driving him and then kissed me on the lips, I was shocked for sure but I didn't hate the idea but I definitely didn't want to stay because he was so drunk and I was not going to do anything with him when he was not in his right mind;

So I just made sure he got his shoes off and then I left and then back to my friends, I didn't tell my friends what happened and when I messaged my friend, later on, to see if he was okay he asked me what happened last night and I told him I drove him home and helped him get into the apartment but he does not remember anything.

Should I have a conversation and tell him he kissed me or should I just forget the whole thing ever happened?

Did it made you feel uncomfortable? If that's the case you should tell him to prevent it from happening in the future...

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
My advice is to keep quiet and not bring it up again. Chances are he really doesn't remember and, since he's got a GF, it's probably going to be more trouble than anything else if you bring it up. I've been in that situation twice and I just forgot about it, one of those was a friend's ex and then she confessed to me at another party that she did remember her coming on to me and asked why I didn't mention anything afterwards lol, it's much easier to handle it if they bring it up.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's simple. Figure out how you feel first. If you would like to take things further, approach him and maybe mention it. If not, then it's just some random unimportant drunk incident in the past not worth worrying about.